Shaw open to move - GWS the nominated club of choice post #1927

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this saying that no decision until he returns?? Or we will get a decision while he is overseas.

Obvious concern is that I think this deal is our main priority, and we might be waiting on this one to go through before we move on others like White or Henderson.

I suspect this might be a strategy to get the media off the managers back for a while. That Heater may well be returning any time (just that he is OS now) & presumably he can contact Heater anytime

Of course I am basing this on many years of here-say, rumour, idle gossip & speculation. I believe this makes me well placed to have a considered view on the matter ;)

think melbourne just said they are not interested in shaw

don't think we are going to get a great return from him :(

They weren't really ever in the mix. Pick 2 was too high.
I think GWS, Cats, Bombers or Scum are the most likely. Hawks an outside chance.

They weren't really ever in the mix. Pick 2 was too high.
I think GWS, Cats, Bombers or Scum are the most likely. Hawks an outside chance.

Graeme Wright just ruled them out completely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So far listening to the recruiting managers doing pressers on Trade Radio; Shaw has been ruled out by Hawks, Demons, Tigers and it appears Bombers (nil mention) but Blues hinted they had a level of interest. Please no! Haven't heard from Cats or GWS yet.

I have noticed that when asked about Shaw almost everyone has said there are a lot of clubs interested in Shaw but in reality is there? May not have many suitors after all and may not be worth as much on the open market as we are expecting. Terry Wallace thinks pick 28 odd is about right for him. C'mon Wallet!

oooh

Maybe melbournes 2nd rounder for shaw?

that'd be around pick 20/21 wouldn't it

I would be okay with that
They like him but can't afford him what i have been told. Despite Sylvia's departure they have don't have the $$ to pay him.

So far listening to the recruiting managers doing pressers on Trade Radio; Shaw has been ruled out by Hawks, Demons, Tigers and it appears Bombers (nil mention) but Blues hinted they had a level of interest. Please no! Haven't heard from Cats or GWS yet.

I have noticed that when asked about Shaw almost everyone has said there are a lot of clubs interested in Shaw but in reality is there? May not have many suitors after all and may not be worth as much on the open market as we are expecting. Terry Wallace thinks pick 28 odd is about right for him. C'mon Wallet!
You only need two interested parties to get a deal done in your favour anyway. Gws can use a player like Shaw and they would be a bit cut after losing out on Franklin, and would love to get a biggish name to play for them.

Geelong could also use a player like Shaw as they have stated. Only issue is that they have Varcoe or Hunt to offer. I'd be interested in Hunt but not Varcoe.

Hope GWS come to the table and get the deal done.

You only need two interested parties to get a deal done in your favour anyway. Gws can use a player like Shaw and they would be a bit cut after losing out on Franklin, and would love to get a biggish name to play for them.

Geelong could also use a player like Shaw as they have stated. Only issue is that they have Varcoe or Hunt to offer. I'd be interested in Hunt but not Varcoe.

Hope GWS come to the table and get the deal done.

Yeah I know but more interest = a bidding war for his services which will give us a better return.

GWS are still locked away in talks apparently. Hopefully they are out soon and provide some updates on Adams/Shaw.

Melbourne's salary cap must be tight with all their superstars :rolleyes:
The issue with them is that signed up Clarke on massive $$$ and Dawes is also on big money. So if Shaw is asking for 600 then they might struggle to fit him in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Shaw open to move - GWS the nominated club of choice post #1927

Remove this Banner Ad

Back