Shaw open to move - GWS the nominated club of choice post #1927

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe they could swap a later pick then. Upgrade their 3rd round pick or something. Might not be that palatable for them, but the Dogs have a decent PSD pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We already have the key forward positions down pat next season. It's Cloke and Reid. And they will be quite good I'd imagine. Essendon would be terrible trading partners for Shaw.

Get another draft pick for him. Either straight swap for someone's first rounder or package with one of our firsts to move up the draft into the top 5 or 6. It would be good to have another first rounder, that would make 6 first rounders in 2 years. Helps make up for all those times we went without a first or compromised drafts.

Yet you probably want a mid first rounder for a 27 year old HB with ADD and attitude problems.
Are you Adrian Dodoro??

I would like a first round pick for Shaw, but don't think we will get it.
Shaw's contracted where Crameri isn't.
Bulldogs can absolutely pick him up for nothing, where Shaw can only be traded for.
IMO Shaw is worth more than Crameri.

Yet you probably want a mid first rounder for a 27 year old HB with ADD and attitude problems.
I can't think of one small running defender in the comp better than Shaw when he's on his game. Not only is he a gun in attack, but he's also a gun defensively, where he can even do a job on blokes much bigger than he is. Shaw's attitude and his ADD has been the same since he started playing. The only difference is the current administration don't feel like putting up with it.

I've said from the start that it would be a terrible idea to trade Shaw, as he remains a gun. Go off at him all you want for his actions in the Port game, I won't defend him. But that same type of manic personality also results in things like that famous Riewoldt smother. We were no chance at winning the flag this year, so I obviously didn't have as much of an issue with it as other people. I'd be pretty unhappy to see him go for less than a first rounder as none of the issues mentioned (and they are overblown IMO) change the fact that he is an absolute gun of the comp and possibly the best around of his type and position.

Everyone's up in arms about Thomas leaving, but I'd much prefer to keep Shaw than Thomas.

Are you Adrian Dodoro??

I would like a first round pick for Shaw, but don't think we will get it.
Shaw's contracted where Crameri isn't.
Bulldogs can absolutely pick him up for nothing, where Shaw can only be traded for.
IMO Shaw is worth more than Crameri.

I'd rate Crameri around pick 14-18, probably a bit higher than Shaw IMO.

oooh

Maybe melbournes 2nd rounder for shaw?

that'd be around pick 20/21 wouldn't it

I would be okay with that
I wouldn't. Prefer to keep him. We are all optimistic because of Grundy at 18. Prefer a player TBH.

No way are Carlton interested. Just trolling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Shaw open to move - GWS the nominated club of choice post #1927

Remove this Banner Ad

Back