Sheahan's Top 50: Franklin No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct Buddys A game is the best, however if sam mitchell is not a better footballer than jobe watson then Mike Sheehan is watching a different game than what I am watching. Mitchell is probably the most underated guys in the game, but not by rival coaches though, close to being in the top 10 for mine.

Jobe Watson is actually an amzing player. I would have him above Mitchell.

Mitchell's very good and consistent, but not an out-and-out superstar. Would have at least given him a mention in the 50 but anything higher would just be bias imho.

Re: Sheahan's Top 50: Burgoyne No. 21

Expecting a big year for Burgers. Just like Bailey, hoping that dodgy knee of his stands up. The perfect complement for the in and under types of Mitchell, Sewell, Lewis etc in the middle.

regardless of whether he stumbles over a correct prediction or not - Sheahan is still a hack

that said i think youre right - burgers will have a great year sans injury - taking a punt on him in SuperCoach

Its one mans opinion! But I did hear earlier today on SEN, of course some Collingwood knob, saying that Pendelbury is all over Buddy...and Pnedelbury is the best player in the comp.......... Wow! Saying, what has buddy done since 2008.

Are they serious?? Turn it up. I agree the Pendelbury is a good player, but I would like to see Buddy Vs Pendels..one on one! Good luck Pendels.

Sorry to intervene, i really think Buddy will be the man at the end of '11 but you can't be serious all biased aside that Burgoyne is rated #21 in the AFL.

Your right. Its a disgrace he missed the top 20!

Sorry to intervene, i really think Buddy will be the man at the end of '11 but you can't be serious all biased aside that Burgoyne is rated #21 in the AFL.

Based on how good he was last year after 0 pre season and not playing for nearly a year. Having had a full pre season and being injury free i would think he could easily be in the best 20 in 2011.

Get on him for a good value Brownlow bet.

You do realise that this top 50 is infact a prediction of the best players by seasons end, not the best players from season 2010?

This time last year everyone on BF was rambling on about how we over paid for a has been with no knee cartledge. He was in crutches all pre-season, had hamstring setbacks and copped a broken jaw. His preseason training started in round 4.

He still managed to be ranked;

14th in tackles
14th in clearances
9th in 1st possessions.

Given he has had an un-interupted preseason, as Sheahan suggests - Could be amoungst the best once again.

I bet your thoughts on Burgoyne would be different if he'd actually wanted to answer his phone when Windy Hill were trying to get in his ear.

If you'd seen his 2010 in a Bombers jumper, I have no doubt whatsoever you'd have no issue with him being at 21.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct Buddys A game is the best, however if sam mitchell is not a better footballer than jobe watson then Mike Sheehan is watching a different game than what I am watching. Mitchell is probably the most underated guys in the game, but not by rival coaches though, close to being in the top 10 for mine.
criminally underrated, the best clearance player of the past 5-10 yrs, is consistantly prolific most games he plays and is a premiership captain yet has never been all australian, truly baffling.

There's one reason why Frankin is No 1 ahead of Goddard and Ablett - it's his value to the game in general, not just Hawthorn. Goddard and Ablett are great players for their respective clubs but are unlikely to be the topic around the coffee pot on Monday morning. Put together a mental highlights package of the 3 players over the past 3 years and see whose stands out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheahan's Top 50: Franklin No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back