Sheffield Shield Game 7: New South Wales v Tasmania @ Sydney (Tue-Fri)

Remove this Banner Ad

Over 124.6: Krejza to Haddin, no run, OUT, A full toss by Krejza and Haddin looked to smash it over the ropes but doesn't completely middle it and is caught by Doolan at deep mid wicket

Made me laugh.

Finally Cowan shows something for Tassie but failed to go on with it. Jon Wells continues to battle and maybe needs to be replaced by Rhett Lockyear next start.

Bailey and Doolan have both been our most composed batsman 2nd half of last year and the start of the current season. Hopefully one of them (if not both) can go and make a ton.

Not sure where this game is headed. NSW batted too slowly on the 1st day (maybe because a few of them had eyes on the 1st test) meaning a result is unlikely unless the two captains had a chin wag last night to conspire a couple of declarations. Maybe Tassie bat until half way through the 2nd session (see if anyone can make a ton), then give NSW 1.5 to 2 sessions to set a target for Tassie to chase on the last day. Pitch sounds a bit flat however, so NSW won't make it easy for Tassie.

I think we should take the safe option and just go for 1st innings pts then atleast after 3 away games we have got something for it.

But if we lose quick wickets and find ourselves 7 or 8 down by the time we have 300 then we should declare behind them and hope to chase the runs down on the last day.

I think with the NSW line up they have 2 pts would be enough with 7 games left and 5 of them at home we can really push for some outright wins there.

Not sure how the pitch is going to be this year but if its anything like last season well there will be a lot of outright results there.

2 points won't really help us. We need 6 at this stage.

There's only been 2 outright results from 6 games so far though. 2/7 the way this one is going.

Congrats Bailey on a fine innings: 112 (203).

Tas 4/357, trail by 63 runs.

Looks like 1st innings points will go to Tassie (surprisingly...)

This is the first time in a long time that Tassie have scored so highly - their batting in the 4 day game has been shocking for the last year, if not longer.

2 points is better than nothing. If Tas get 2 points in most of our games plus a couple of 6 point games, Tassie will be fine.

Lets just be happy that Tas finally showed some fight, and got some points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A little sniff here for the Blues. Have to run through the tail. Cmon Dougie!!!

A bit of a sniff for Tassie coming up too. Tassie builkd up a lead and break through early and get Kreja doing some damage on the fourth day pitch why NSW try to take over a deficit, Tassie could give them a chance of chasing something smallish to gettable with hitters like Bailey, Birt and Marsh in the team.

As hotdish said a long time since we've seen a Tas batting effort like this. Lets hope it helps grow the confidence of a few like Doolan, the recruit Cowan and Bailey and Marsh setting a tone for the season ahead.

lol, Tas lose 3/0.

Lead of 50 with 2 wickets in hand. This is petering out to be a boring draw, with the NSW boys batting conservatively for a test spot tomorrow. I would be surprised if Tas bat again...

Just caught up with the scores and all i can say is 'wow'.

Rapt to see George Bailey score a century and continue his excellent start to the year.
Hopefully this is the season he goes from good Shield player to elite Shield player.

As for Dan Marsh, i didn't think he still had it in him to make centuries at this level (pretty sure that's his first in about 18 months) but i'm glad he did.

Second time in a matter of days that the 'star-studded' NSW side has been done over by Tasmania.

Hughes now has the chance to make some runs in front of the captain in waiting. Khawaja did a good job of that in the 1st innings.

Was hoping for a 'sporting declaration' but that may not happen now. Once again NSW would prefer to get net time rather than go for the outright.:thumbsdown:
Lol, you are kidding right. Why didn't Tassie declare as soon as they got the 2 points? :rolleyes:

Classic NSW sooky attitude. Katich is notorious for this, in fact he once suggested that a team declare 200 behind. It just shows that NSW are not in it to win it, just get some stats for their players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheffield Shield Game 7: New South Wales v Tasmania @ Sydney (Tue-Fri)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back