Sheffield Shield Game 9: Tasmania v South Australia @ Hobart (Tue-Fri)

Remove this Banner Ad

Suprised Cosgrove didn't get a bowl during that partnership, Manou usually loves giving him a trundle, if he wasn't 100% fit with that hamstring should not have played.
Easy to knock Manou now for not batting first, but we did have them 3/28 in the first hour which is all you can ask from your opening quicks. Disappointing we could not capitalise, more disappointing a bloke could peel off a double ton in a day.

Still could go either way here, hoping we can keep them under 400.

Great knock from Cowan. His own form a little under pressure and the scoreboard looking dodgy but to turn that around is fantastic. Interesting it looks like the new ball is where the damage is going to be done So Geeves hoe your fit because the 6 points in this game is going to come down to you.

Too bad SA left out their other NSWman that could have done a Cowan.

Cowan's a Tasmanian now.

Looking forward to seeing Geevesy send a few down today with a nice total already in the shed. If we can bat past lunch you would think their is only 2 results that are possible from here on in.

Beautiful day here, with no cloud whatsoever and a light breeze.

ALl out for 389 - at least we cleaned the tail up relatively quickly which is strange for SA.

George 8 wickets .. when's the Australian call up ??? ;)

Duval gets the #11 batsman out for his first wicket .. handy inclusion.

Peter George has 8 wickets. :eek:

Amazing stuff from him, and hopefully he can finish it off with a 9th. Australia's next Glenn McGrath.....?

I looked up his stats yesterday and was pretty impressed with the start he made to his first class career 26 wickets at 36 in 9 games (before todays 8 fa).

I saw him bowl against QLD ealier in the year in FR cup game, altho he went wicketless only conceeded 15/17 runs off 8 overs bowled with good pace line and length and at 202 cms will get good bounce.

Definitely a player for the future!

Worrying that with the exception of Cowan and Marsh that the rest of our line-up completely and utterly failed. Not good enough and showing no improvement. OUT: Wells IN: Lockyear at a bare minimum, maybe OUT: Doolan IN: Anderson.

Watchful start so far by the redbacks, wouldn't imagine there would be too much assistance at Bellerive for the bowlers today given blue skies and warmer weather the past couple of days. Might be one for 1st innings points especially with rain forecast for Friday.

Doolan has scored a half century in the last two shield games before this game. Bit rough on him i think.

Agreed though. You can't have two batsman score 81% of the runs.

I want to see Jones bat up the order. Give the kid a chance to build an innings.

Watchful start so far by the redbacks, wouldn't imagine there would be too much assistance at Bellerive for the bowlers today given blue skies and warmer weather the past couple of days. Might be one for 1st innings points especially with rain forecast for Friday.

Have to wonder what the pitch is like for the first game of the season? I can't imagine it being a belter at this time of year, if it is the groundsman is performing miracles. Certainly apart from Cowan and Marsh no one else managed runs, there might be a bit in it.

Hah, if George was New South Welsh he'd be a certainty for an Australian call up by the end of the Summer now!

Good effort to clean up the tail there, looks like a grind for first innings points now. Will need Harris and Klinger to do most of the work. Seems to much to ask for Cosgrove to get a big score or for Borgas to back up big scores.

Cosgrove in rare form, 49 off 53 balls in a partnership of 60.

Watch him throw it away.

Also, whoever was bitching about not playing Bailey, look at how Krezja is being treated ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jo172 said:
Cosgrove in rare form, 49 off 53 balls in a partnership of 60.

Watch him throw it away.

# 2009-11-25 16:07
Over 50.2: Krejza to Cosgrove, no run, OUT, attempts a cut shot but gets an edge behind. Cosgrove out for a very entertaining 49 off 53 deliveries including 11 fours. Harris not out 48, SA 3/147, Krejza 1 for 47

Predictable ...

Damn... Cosgrove gone caught behind of Krejza for 49 off 53 balls, with 11 4's!
SA 3/148 Harris 49no

*sigh*

Borgas and Harris will obviously bed down for the afternoon and block, block, block...

So much for exciting cricket.

I don't quite understand the whole Cosgrove argument that seems to be going on....

He was dismissed caught behind off an attempted cut shot. It's not like he threw his wicket away by lobbing the ball into the air or anything. Yes, he wasn't able to convert his good start into a really big score. But he still made 49.

Also, the bowler was Krejza. So chances are the ball would have been there to hit, and Cosgrove was in good form with 11 boundaries. It's easy to look at the score and saw he threw his wicket away, but I don't think this was the case today.

Handy late wicket last night by McDonald makes the contest evenly poised.
Another 170ish required with 6 wickets in hand makes the Redbacks slight favourites I feel but an early breakthrough this morning with the new ball sees us into the allrounders/tail. Should be a good day's cricket.

SA 95 behind at lunch with Borgas still there and joined by Duval after Christian got out last over before lunch.

Just the two bunnies to come but since Duval is obviously in the side for his batting we should knock them off pretty easily :rolleyes:

Will be spewing if we don't get the 2 points from here.

I'm assuming (without reference to stats) that both Haberfield and George are sub 10 average batsman?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheffield Shield Game 9: Tasmania v South Australia @ Hobart (Tue-Fri)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back