Sheffield Shield Game 9: Tasmania v South Australia @ Hobart (Tue-Fri)

Remove this Banner Ad

Duval is a great lower order batsman. Great effort in the chase by SA. Forecast for rain tomorrow, so it looks like 2 points will be all that is achieved out of the game.

Wells would want to make some runs, or he might find himself out of the next team.

I thought that when SA was 8 down for about 300 they might have declared behind so that could have a run chase on the last day cause the last hour of play was just wasting up overs.

But i can see why they didnt do that it was only really Cowan in the 1st innings they got Tas to 389 so they will proabrly back themselves to bowl Tas out cheaply. I can see this turning into a boring draw tho.

Over 10.2: George to Wells, no run, OUT, plays forward but cann't keep it down and is caught at cover by Christian. Wells out for 6, Cowan not out 7, TAS 1/14, George 1 for 8, new batsman is Doolan

Wells might find himself dropped for the next game

Cowan 15
Wells 6
Doolan 7
Tas 3/33 - George 2/16 (10 wkts in the match), Duval 1/4
Still a chance for a result...?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad luck Jon Wells. Sadly that will be your last game for a while- he looked good the 2nd half of last year, and I thought we'd unearthed an opener but alas. At least we have half the equation settled with Cowan's 1st innings dig. I think Lockyear must be given a go next.

Happy with 2 points but there is a massive chance we could still lose this from here. Listening to the forecast earlier suggests there may be rain about the state but Hobart will only get some nuisance stuff most likely.

cricket.com.au suggesting they are off for bad light which seems ridiculous to me. Its become a bit overcast but the clouds are still pretty high. It doesn't get dark here until about 9pm atm so should be fine to play some extra time, or even better, test out those new lights and give the Bellerive residents something to complain about.

cricket.com.au suggesting they are off for bad light which seems ridiculous to me. Its become a bit overcast but the clouds are still pretty high. It doesn't get dark here until about 9pm atm so should be fine to play some extra time, or even better, test out those new lights and give the Bellerive residents something to complain about.

I don't know where you are but its too dark for cricket where I am, they may of suggested it was ok for spinners or Tassie wanted to break the SA momentum either way I would of prefered to see them keep playing. Congrats to George on 10 for, looks a likely prospect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheffield Shield Game 9: Tasmania v South Australia @ Hobart (Tue-Fri)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back