Sherman leaves Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

:eek: No, incorrect.

We are simply getting rid of players that have not stepped up and are not going to be there when we have a tilt at a premiership :thumbsu:

Whilst Sherman is a fan favourite (for some) he is a C-grade half forward flanker and a horribly inconsistant one at that.

If we get a 2nd/3rd rounder I'll be happy.

I am sick and tick of all the whinging about losing all these "wonderful" players.....if they are so wonderful, we wouldn't have finished 13th!!!!

Bring on the draft so we can continue with our excellent recruiting of late ;)

There was a time when we thought picking up Sherman (and Hooper for that matter) in the 3rd round of the draft was excellent recruiting.

Thread needs more doomsday predictions.

2e4hrfo.jpg

There was a time when we thought picking up Sherman (and Hooper for that matter) in the 3rd round of the draft was excellent recruiting.

True Old Den, but out of those drafted in 2008 & 2009, you could argue that 3 players have gone past Sherman in importance to our midfield and 1 has shown more this year as a crumbing forward than Hooper did in this 3 seasons with us.

How many players did you look at this year and think premiership player

Sherman's best addresses some key problems we have in the club regarding, pace, ability to carry the footy and goal kicking options. He has delivered some excellent footy seasons and some poor ones. Obviously as he gets older we would now be looking for that consistency to play a role in our team.

Unfortunately it looks like we won't get the opportunity to see if this would eventuate.

Lucky we have Rainesy and Amon on board!

I agree Acuguy in a sense and I would like to see Sherman develop and reach his potential, but if you look at it objectively the Lions simply aren't a good fit for him. He has confidence issues on-field and only excels with high class delivery and mature bodies around him, which right now we don't exactly have in spades.

Would be happy to see him continue somewhere else and would have no hard feelings if we get a decent draft pick or a solid young player.

Sherman and Brennan were two who were very, very guilty of poor disposal over their careers at the Lions. Turnovers from poor disposal kill a side, and for that reason I am not unhappy that they are being traded.

We'll miss Brennan far more than Sherman, obviously, but it will only be a short term pain, rest assured.

Sherman and Brennan were two who were very, very guilty of poor disposal over their careers at the Lions. Turnovers from poor disposal kill a side, and for that reason I am not unhappy that they are being traded.

We'll miss Brennan far more than Sherman, obviously, but it will only be a short term pain, rest assured.
I don't know exactly how old Brennan is (26ish??) but I don't quite know why Lions fans would be so cut up about losing him. IMO he shows flashes of brilliance, but too often mixed in with a "who gives a F***" attitude, and just isn't accountable enough. I think Brisbane have got the best of whatever Brennan has had to offer, and should take the pick and run...He will never be a gun, too lazy. Glad he isn't coming to the Swans...

I don't know exactly how old Brennan is (26ish??) but I don't quite know why Lions fans would be so cut up about losing him. IMO he shows flashes of brilliance, but too often mixed in with a "who gives a F***" attitude, and just isn't accountable enough. I think Brisbane have got the best of whatever Brennan has had to offer, and should take the pick and run...He will never be a gun, too lazy. Glad he isn't coming to the Swans...

Cult favourite. Everyone loves the flashes of brilliance.

If Sherman is going, I was thinking Corn-dog should put up his hand for taking #11. Would be nice to see a fit and firing tasmanian forward taking a few contested grabs in the goal square with that number on his back. ;)

But then who would get #44? *sigh* :confused: Problems and more problems...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if anybody else saw AFL Insider last night, but Paul Williams (Doggies Assistant) said they would be active in the trade period - targeting fast outside players.

There are obviously quite a few players in this category who could be available come trade week, Sherman is certainly one of them.

I don't disagree. All of this moaning about losing Sherman and talking about seeing him reach his potential. How long do we wait? Are we going to wait until he is 33 years old to realise that he had already reached his potential 10 years ago?

IMO Sherman seemed more concerned about his appearance rather then focusing on his football skills. I'm not that fazed about him going, we could be waiting forever for him to 'reach his potential'.

Sherman to Sydney for Veszpremi and a second rounder please :thumbsu:. Patrick Veszpremi is a good young player who has been on the outer at the Swans this season.

We would pay him the same, but over one more year... Pick 32-35 is far too much to pay though so not thrilled at this end.

And, we are likely to gain Vesz.:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Sherman leaves Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back