Sherman leaves Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Easy with the "post stuffing" there tiger! :cool:

yeah your right, some of your guys here are pretty tentative about that stuff hey !

sherman i personally dont want , specially with a 2nd round pick but there is a bit to work with there.

just on another note guys, and im not wanting to take pot shots at anybody or your club but something that hasnt been discussed so far on your board i believe

rawlings & mcrae!!!

both were at richmond for 4-5 years & really didnt do much in regards to developement & know there seems to be similar issues at lions & shermans falling out would it have to do with these new guys coming in !

also i believe you guys may end up with 1 maybe 2 of our players this years because of rawlings & mcrae i know they rated the players like
mcguane,tambling,nahas, etc & this was evident with the recruitment of raines last year.

thoughts

yeah your right, some of your guys here are pretty tentative about that stuff hey !

sherman i personally dont want , specially with a 2nd round pick but there is a bit to work with there.

just on another note guys, and im not wanting to take pot shots at anybody or your club but something that hasnt been discussed so far on your board i believe

rawlings & mcrae!!!

both were at richmond for 4-5 years & really didnt do much in regards to developement & know there seems to be similar issues at lions & shermans falling out would it have to do with these new guys coming in !

also i believe you guys may end up with 1 maybe 2 of our players this years because of rawlings & mcrae i know they rated the players like
mcguane,tambling,nahas, etc & this was evident with the recruitment of raines last year.

thoughts

hahaha. Very Funny.

The Gun is providing some good entertainment. Geez, we always seem to have that 1 delusional Richmond supporter that just can't leave our board during the offseason.:confused: Last year it was UpTheGuts, this year its THE_GUN.

I think The_Gun needs to start taking off his glasses and getting new ones...Maybe head to OPSM? It sure helped the umpires this year.:D;)

On another note, I've heard some whispers that Dan Collins is the reason Sherman is leaving?

rawlings & mcrae!!!

So much hope and wishfulness in this post. It's almost cute.

As to whether Sherman leaving has anything to do with Rawlings and McRae... sorry brah... no. As much as I would love to make you feel like you've had a massive win by sending them this way, Dan Collins is the issue with Sherman.

McRae has been brilliant by the way in his development role up here. For the first time in quite a while, our debutants have looked really at home at senior level from the start. Three rising star noms this year, and other players like Ryan Harwood are also coming along exceptionally, and watch out for Claye Beams too :cool:.

Seriously, the one positive from 2010 has been our kids, and Craig must get his share of the credit for that. We're going to be loading up on picks in the next few years, and I feel very confident having them in Craig's hands, should he stay around. There was word that he has been offered senior coaching roles at AFLQ clubs and that is something he is very interested in, but hopefully he can be retained.

On boxing day last year I had a joke with my cousin it went like this.

Trade week 2010 we will trade you Sherman for Tambling he burst out in laughter saying as if we would trade for that spud. 9 months later it might happen.

Tambling is better then Sherman in my mind he has pace and get's a'lot of the ball,So wouldn't mind seeing him next year as a lion.

Here come the critic's and the hip injury talk.

McRae has copped a lot of flack for his work at Richmond but has actually done a very nice job with the young guys this year. The young players who were in teh reserves and got a chance in the first pretty much all looked ready to go. On what he has shown at the Lions I think he could be a very nice development coach.

Rawlings is a career assistant and probably not a lead assistant. Follower and not a leader. Provided he doesn't get promoted above his capabilities he should be fine. I would hope the Lions recruit someone to the lead assistant role.

The Board has greenlighted the Lions to chase young talent but have put tight reins on repeating last year. Bear in mind chief architect of last years moves is now at GWS and Kerr has taken over the list management stuff. Even if Rawlings and McCrae really liked a particular player I can't see any Richmond players coming to the Lions this year. FWIW I also understand Rawlings was dead against the Lions picking up Raines last year.

Below is taken from the Hawks board and as with all such should be taken with a grain of salt but it does bear thinking about in any discussion about Tambling:

Tambling - This must be a pi$$ take???

Putting all that has been said about his ability/ comparison with Buddy aside, fact is that Tamblings body is shot and he aint gonna get any better.

Firstly he came to the club and suffered from OP which was mismanaged and butchered through unecessary surgery. Most informed richmond supporters will tell you that he has never regained the speed he was known for in his junior days.

Last pre-season he was again cut up and had surgery for compartments syndrome which I can tell you is pretty drastic surgery.

Hi speed is gone, his body is shot and his confidence as a player is erratic.

Wouldn't touch him with a twenty foot pole!

On boxing day last year I had a joke with my cousin it went like this.

Trade week 2010 we will trade you Sherman for Tambling he burst out in laughter saying as if we would trade for that spud. 9 months later it might happen.

Tambling is better then Sherman in my mind he has pace and get's a'lot of the ball,So wouldn't mind seeing him next year as a lion.

Here come the critic's and the hip injury talk.
in all honesty i would love him to go to the lions.......... i believe thats where we will get the most value for him now that tigers appear to have decided to take sherman plus the rawlings/mcrae factor & i think he would probably want to go there

but i dont believe you guys will get the most out of him & will be the exact player he is at richmond.

hawks,dogs,saints & even carlton would better suit him
he's a hbf & with a dominant midfield & strong team he will do well
but brisbane would give us better value..............but cap issues may prevent it happening

hardwich & co have done a great job with under performing players this year king,connors,morton,edwards,collins,newman,white

all these players were in the exact situation as sherman last year !

They had busted groins and personality conflicts with former Olympic kayakers?

Wow.

Seriously, you aren't appearing anywhere near as informed as you seem to think you are, most of it is specious as best, and the discussion about McRae, Rawlings, Tambling, Hardwick et al is deviating pretty majorly from the topic of this thread, which is Shermank

Been to a'lot of games Gun as my cousin's follow Richmond you are missing a tall forward in my mind don't know why Sherman is on your radar.I guess Mitch Morton might have a challenger for his spot now if you end up with Sherman.

hardwich & co have done a great job with under performing players this year king,connors,morton,edwards,collins,newman,white

King - accepted. He made a meaningful contribution at the end of the year when he was given a chance.

Connors - always had the talent just needed to get his head right. The suspension seemed to bring his mortality home to him. The one good thing your coach did for him was suspend him which the media forced him to do.

Morton - was pretty good in the forward line last year I thought. Went backwards up there this year before telling the coach he wanted to play midfield. Hardwick dropped him for it and his performances at the end of the year were more to spite the coach rather than because of anything he did.

Edwards - didn't notice much. I will take your word for it.

Collins - looked great at the end of last year and did not come on anywhere near as well as I thought he would. Did not get much of a chance and being dropped all the time hurt him I think.

Newman - your capt. Didn't notice him being much better this year than last couple to tell the truth.

White - same as Newman. I thought he was probably just as good if not better last year.

Not sure your new coaching staff has done too much with these guys to tell the truth.

Matthew White had a good season Quigley your wrong about that one.

Chris Newman as captain doesn't work.

But in the end I'm more worried about where we are going to end up over the next year or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King - accepted. He made a meaningful contribution at the end of the year when he was given a chance.

Connors - always had the talent just needed to get his head right. The suspension seemed to bring his mortality home to him. The one good thing your coach did for him was suspend him which the media forced him to do.

Morton - was pretty good in the forward line last year I thought. Went backwards up there this year before telling the coach he wanted to play midfield. Hardwick dropped him for it and his performances at the end of the year were more to spite the coach rather than because of anything he did.

Edwards - didn't notice much. I will take your word for it.

Collins - looked great at the end of last year and did not come on anywhere near as well as I thought he would. Did not get much of a chance and being dropped all the time hurt him I think.

Newman - your capt. Didn't notice him being much better this year than last couple to tell the truth.

White - same as Newman. I thought he was probably just as good if not better last year.

Not sure your new coaching staff has done too much with these guys to tell the truth.

edwards really had a good year,huge improvement & really took a step foward.

newman had his best year since arriving at the club
white would of been delisted this year & pulled his finger out and ran through the lines & stuck to the game plan
collins continues the good form from 2009 but took it to another level ,was played foward & kicked some very important goals best being the sydney game

morton you are wrong on.......... he went to hardwick and asked to play midfield & was told would need to go back to coburg to work on his defensive side came back & hasnt got under 25 poss a game also really damaging..........huge improvement

connors had the talent since he arrived but the previous coaches were too relaxed with him really cemented himself across hb & hopes that he will move into mid next year in rotations

sherman i personally dont want , ... <drivel>

I accept your personal opinion. Lets leave it at that. There are plenty of suitors.
:cool:

Hey all, hope you don't mind me dropping by. I was hoping to get Brisbane supporter's opinion on this three-way I posted on the Dogs and Hawks boards.

Any chance of a three-way trade with the Lions and Hawks?

The Dogs would get Sherman, Hawks get Hill and the Harbrow compensation pick, Lions get Hawks pick 19.

Hey all, hope you don't mind me dropping by. I was hoping to get Brisbane supporter's opinion on this three-way I posted on the Dogs and Hawks boards.

Amusingly I've posted the exact same suggested trade in our trade week thread. Don't know whether it'll happen but I like the sound of it.

Amusingly I've posted the exact same suggested trade in our trade week thread. Don't know whether it'll happen but I like the sound of it.

Dogs would be mad, Sherman is not worth our Compo pick and Josh Hill

Dogs would be mad, Sherman is not worth our Compo pick and Josh Hill

Damn straight. We get royally screwed in that. Let us pray it never happens.

Come on fellas, leave the dramatics to the drafting board where they belong.

I agree Sherman definitely not worth compo pick AND Hill but the unlikely deal suggested is not the 'travesty' that you guys are making out it is. The clubs involved just don't have the correct currency to get things done so either there is a compromise made by one club or players don't get traded where they want.

Every aspect in the deal is overrated and no one club will be affected that much by the movement of the picks or players involved.

Damn straight. We get royally screwed in that. Let us pray it never happens.

I reckon if we threw a 3rd round pick your way it could work, but we traded pick 48 to GC and I'm not sure if our 4th round pick would be enough to get it across the line. So some other picks might have to get shuffled around to balance things out.

Come on fellas, leave the dramatics to the drafting board where they belong.

I agree Sherman definitely not worth compo pick AND Hill but the unlikely deal suggested is not the 'travesty' that you guys are making out it is. The clubs involved just don't have the correct currency to get things done so either there is a compromise made by one club or players don't get traded where they want.

Every aspect in the deal is overrated and no one club will be affected that much by the movement of the picks or players involved.

Lol what rubbish, losing 2 goal a game player and a first round pick is not a compromise it's blatant stupidity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sherman leaves Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back