Shiel signs with GWS, so who is the new doozy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond, like most clubs will take minimum picks this year as the draft is weak and shallow for talent. Would not surprise to see us make our last of 3 picks an rookie upgrade, possibly even 2 upgrades.
Agree.
Delist/Retire:Newman,Pettard,Knights,Gordon,Dea.LLoyd
IN:
1st Rnd Pick on a Trade
2nd Rnd pick
3rd Rnd Pick
4th:Short(Rookie Upgrade)
5th:Castagna(Rookie Upgrade)
6th:Lambert(Rookie Upgrade)
Rookie:
Knights,Dea & Lloyd.

Let's just say Maric slows down, how do people feel about this 22 for next year as a hypothetical?
I'm bored on my break at work...

2016?

B/ Batchelor - Rance - Chaplin
HB/ Houli - Grimes - Yarran
C/ B Ellis - Vlastuin - C Ellis
HF/ Martin - Griffiths - Deledio
F/ Edwards - Riewoldt - Vickery
R/ Kreuzer - Cotchin - Hannebery
Int/ Miles - Lennon - Grigg - McIntosh

emerg/ Morris - Conca - Menadue

can't fit em all...

just how many top 10 picks to trade do you see us having this year?

Let's just say Maric slows down, how do people feel about this 22 for next year as a hypothetical?

2016?

can't fit em all...
that team wud contend for sure...

2016?

can't fit em all...
yep is exactly how i wud hav our team with the new players added.. all the players are in there correct positions too..Spot on old chap

Agree.
Delist/Retire:Newman,Pettard,Knights,Gordon,Dea.LLoyd
IN:
1st Rnd Pick on a Trade
2nd Rnd pick
3rd Rnd Pick
4th:Short(Rookie Upgrade)
5th:Castagna(Rookie Upgrade)
6th:Lambert(Rookie Upgrade)
Rookie:
Knights,Dea & Lloyd.

Why on earth would you rookie Knights dea and Lloyd? Surely they have each had long enough on an afl list to prove their worth one way or another. Retire, delist delist

Gun player jack macrae should get it done
Sorry I asked
3rd rounder would get it done. After game time more than anything. Showed signs needs to be settled in defence. Good mark kicking okish
Cheers. I've often thought he was underutilised - but I don't watch him as often as you guys do. Good body size, good hands, ok mobility, always thought he'd make it as a key back.

Sorry I asked

Cheers. I've often thought he was underutilised - but I don't watch him as often as you guys do. Good body size, good hands, ok mobility, always thought he'd make it as a key back.
Taking the piss. Speaking of macrae what's up how come he isn't getting a lot of games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry I asked

Problem is its just that when our back line is up and playing like the last 4 weeks its hard to get a game.

Taking the piss. Speaking of macrae what's up how come he isn't getting a lot of games
Kicks high spinning pitching wedges and didn't defend very well, but he'll be fine. He's a good young accumulator.
Problem is its just that when our back line is up and playing like the last 4 weeks its hard to get a game.
True. You're playing well at the moment. Tbh he's always going to be behind a few unless he proves he's good enough.

Biggest concern is the clubs ability to close a deal. The best deal we have done in recent years is Hampson. We couldnt close the deal on Greenwood or Armitage last year and i recall we were into Hannebery too. All playing somewhere else. No good having available salary space if we cant get the signature.

Only one of those 3 left their club and I'm quite happy we didn't pay Greenwood 450k a season for 3 years.

No but that's where a good negotiator at the trade table is worth his weight in gold.

So explain

Pies are offering him $450k, how do you get him to agree to significantly less other than by just saying "come on!!!"

Just like in real life , money talks

So explain

Pies are offering him $450k, how do you get him to agree to significantly less other than by just saying "come on!!!"

Just like in real life , money talks
The club has more power than the player. Not privy to any deals or what he wanted but at 25 after a breakout season asking 450k was reasonable. We could have waited until he repeated it again this year and paid 500k I guess? Still as I was saying the club (North) had the power in negotiating the best deal for them not what is Levi Greenwoods best interest. We could have negotiated less coin but over more years and a suitable trade with North. Several clubs were after him but we assume he asked for x and said Collingwood and North bent over, doubt that happened somehow.

Yes money talks but at the end of the day if North couldn't get the deal they wanted they didn't have to let him go.

The club has more power than the player. Not privy to any deals or what he wanted but at 25 after a breakout season asking 450k was reasonable. We could have waited until he repeated it again this year and paid 500k I guess? Still as I was saying the club (North) had the power in negotiating the best deal for them not what is Levi Greenwoods best interest. We could have negotiated less coin but over more years and a suitable trade with North. Several clubs were after him but we assume he asked for x and said Collingwood and North bent over, doubt that happened somehow.

Yes money talks but at the end of the day if North couldn't get the deal they wanted they didn't have to let him go.

So instead of over committing coin, you want to over commit time

How many years and at what price do you think the club should have gone for greenwood?

So instead of over committing coin, you want to over commit time

How many years and at what price do you think the club should have gone for greenwood?
That's for club recruiters work out not speculating big footy posters.

I wasn't a fan either of Eddie Betts trade either but he is currently second in the Coleman and averaging over three goals a game as a small forward. Time will tell if the Crows recruiter got that one right just like time will tell with Collingwood and Greenwood.

That's for club recruiters work out not speculating big footy posters.

I wasn't a fan either of Eddie Betts trade either but he is currently second in the Coleman and averaging over three goals a game as a small forward. Time will tell if the Crows recruiter got that one right just like time will tell with Collingwood and Greenwood.

That's my point though

You come out with the footy fan fav "just make it happen!!!!!" But that isn't how the world works

People bitch about players getting three year contracts, yet to outbid on time you'd be looking at 4-5 years.

Reality is if you are bidding against someone who is prepared to offer more than you, you will lose

$450k for greenwood is stupid, and we should be clapping that the pies wasted that cap space on him, not bitching that we should have outbid

Kruezer is the one if he can stay fit for the rest of the season, however, the price would have to be good and I doubt it would be given Carlton will struggle to fill their cap. Only hope is the chase of success and his relationship with Cotchin.

Motlop sounds good but if he wants money we are wasting our time.

Pretty much we have to recruit players like Hawthorn (want to come at a wage drop) or get young fringe players who need a fresh start (GWS or GC types) or just stick to the draft (best options).

That's my point though

You come out with the footy fan fav "just make it happen!!!!!" But that isn't how the world works

People bitch about players getting three year contracts, yet to outbid on time you'd be looking at 4-5 years.

Reality is if you are bidding against someone who is prepared to offer more than you, you will lose

$450k for greenwood is stupid, and we should be clapping that the pies wasted that cap space on him, not bitching that we should have outbid
I never said anything like "just make it happen" I questioned our ability to close a deal. 450k is "stupid" might be easy to say now after his injury in the pre season but he could just as well continued his improvement from last year and be a great deal at 450k. Pure speculation that we will never truly know the answer.

Oh and I never said we should out bid either............

Remove this Banner Ad

Shiel signs with GWS, so who is the new doozy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back