Shiel signs with GWS, so who is the new doozy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to see either WHE, Treloar or Hanneberry in the black and yellow next season... Anyone know their contract statuses? i.e. F.A. or trades to get it done?

Not sure what it would take, but I think we'd have to pay way over for Sloane or Danger.

Think Motlop would fit in nicely and make Sheds even more dangerous.

Bennell I could even live with. Surely some GC talents could find their way down to Punt RD...

C'mon Benny show someone the money!! For someone good that is!!
re-signed about a week ago

So what example should I have used? Last year It was reported we were interested in the three mentioned so they were the obvious choice. Probably got way of track with the other dude and his hate for Greenwood (who I have never said we should have traded for) but the point was made in reference to previous posts in the thread about chasing player X, Y or Z. We haven't had a great track record in getting players via trade period and I certainly don't and never have advocated paying overs for a player.

I'm sick of trying to defend my thoughts on this matter, that's my opinion and I stand by them.
Yes mate stand by your view, by all means , as other have as well. That is not in dispute. The examples we should use are players that we should over pay for(to a limit), that are proven good players or really good juniors ala Shiel, Treloar etc. Would have no problem with that, but your premise is valid which I stated. We haven't attracted anything of late and we need to land a few in the future, but as I said a lot of the available talent were either way too expensive or would cost too much in trade value, so imo we haven't missed that much. That is the way I see it, but it not a big deal. It is all subjective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching GWS right now and I am just flat as:

Whitfield (1), Scully (1), Patton (1), Coniglio (2), Kelly (2), Treloar, Haynes (pick 4), (would have been top 5), Shiel (would have been top 5), Cameron (would have been top 5) and the rest!

FAR OUT
And they're getting flogged by Collingwood.

Gee Shiel would just have been great in our midfield. Although all is not lost, the GWS can still be looked at very closely. Especially given how we got Miles. There is bound to be others who are being kept out by the strength of their midfield, that we can develop....

Lids could do a Hungry/Tuck/Fletcher.

I always laugh when I read comments like this. I remember people saying the same thing to justify the recruitment of Ben Cousins, that a physical specimen like him could easily play until his mid-thirties. In the history of the game, with the many thousands upon thousands that have played it, how many have done a Hungry/Tuck/Fletcher? He'll be 29 next year and like 99 percent of players his age probably only has two or three years left in him. Not writing this as an argument to trade him out per se, just saying that any list manager who kept a player like Deledio on the grounds that at the age of 29 that he might go on to do a Tuck or a Bartlett would be fired.

Blokes to target -
Motlop
Yarren
Bennell
Carlisle (if Rance walks)
Dangerfield
Sloane
Dickson (GCS).
And i reckon we need another ruck (Hammer is a bust).
Obviously it's a list of blokes to target. I'm not saying we try and get everyone of them.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

Surprised the first word of this thread is "Kreuzer". More suprised that it hasn't been opposed either.

Keuzer is "cooked".

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

Not sure getting both is achievable for RFC. Just don't have the confidence that they could.

I'd be OK with one of them and punting on a Miles type from GWS or GC.
Would much rather look at some borderline kids that have list cloggers like Lloyd and Gordon taking up space.

If you look at our end of year list, I can see 5 or 6 changes to the senior list.

Retire - Newman, Foley.
Delist - Petterd, Lloyd, Gordon

Not sure on Knights, Lambert.

Possible trade bait - Conca, Astbury (if Rance stays) McDonough

Probably keep Dea, Arnott & Hampson for backup depth

Nah, should be gone. Will not make it at senior level.

Hampson is contracted for next season. Others I agree with, although Knights should be gone as well. We tried - it didn't work.

Hanneberry would be our Mark Coughlan. I'd love him in the guts.

I don't understand. 'Our' Mark Coughlan. We had Cogs, he is 'ours'.... wtf this mean? Or are you saying Hanners would come across and be cruelled by injuries, cutting short a potentially wonderful career? I don't know why you wish this on players.... you are being very harsh ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Shiel signs with GWS, so who is the new doozy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back