Ship X Player out (because I said so)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, let's trade Goldy. He's good so we should get someone good in exchange. Another recent thread suggested we do the same with LT. We'll get someone good in exchange for him too. This is a great strategy. We should also trade out Swallow and Ziebell - they're great so we'll get someone great in return.

But let's not trade out MacMillan, Anthony or Greenwood. They're not very good so we wont get anyone good for them.

But Petrie and Boomer are great so let's trade them. In return, we'll get someone great who we can then trade for someone else who is great.

Awesome! :thumbsu:
another poster who embellishes posts of other posters.............starting to think egga and DR are the same person.

If we want to get something decent, we need to give up something decent. I know it's a difficult concept to comprehend, but it's fact. I think a lot of clubs rate Goldy because he gets 1000+ hitouts per week. I personally don't rate him highly because he gives so little around the ground - 8 possessions last night. 1 mark. And if I'm not mistaken, he had 8 possessions at 3/4 time!!!! I know 2-3 years ago a lot of guys here were banging on that Goldy was tracking ahead of Cox at the same stage of their careers. How's that looking now?
Hitouts are over-rated - how many actually result in quality clearances per game - 2 to 3? And Kreuzer showed how valuable a ruckman can be when he can effectively become another midfielder.
Goldy has been smashed this year by Tom Nicholls (on debut vs GC), Zac Smith from Freo, Kreuzer last night.........

So we've re-signed Daw. Currie looked good in the pre-season. Has the club got the balls to make a big play for a decent trade-pick or will we continue to offer up scraps in the blind faith that a club is stupid enough out there to accept our trash?

Crazy talk

1 of the best rucks in the league

17 other clubs would love to have him

Sums it up really....AND he's been shouldering the load on his own nearly all season.....give me a break!

He's shouldering it on his own becuase he wants to, he's a selfish motherf*****. Trade Goldy to the Hawks for Suckling and go after Cooney or Thomas with a free agency offer. Trade Tarrant at the same time to the WB who need a forward, then Currie and Majak can share the ruck load. we maintain our 3 tall forwards, whislt playing a back up ruckman at the same time

He's shouldering it on his own becuase he wants to, he's a selfish motherf*****. Trade Goldy to the Hawks for Suckling and go after Cooney or Thomas with a free agency offer. Trade Tarrant at the same time to the WB who need a forward, then Currie and Majak can share the ruck load. we maintain our 3 tall forwards, whislt playing a back up ruckman at the same time
This thread gets sillier by the minute.

Lets see what we have here.

We get rid of Goldy and rely on two blokes who have played a combined 5 games of AFL Football.

For Goldy we get Suckling who if I am not mistaken will be coming back from a knee reconstruction next year. Of course there is also the small matter of the Hawks and Suckling being interested in this.

We trade Tarrant, who I would imagine is the best bet to replace Drew in the next couple of years when he retires.

Then we go after Cooney or Thomas. Cooney has to be highly problematic with his knee status. Why would we gamble on that? Thomas appears better value but he too is a little injury prone and will ask for very big dollars.

Thankfully we leave this stuff to the list management people.

What I don't get is that the people even considering the idea of trading Goldie don't apply the same exacting standards to the other key players in our side. Goldstein is as necessary as Swallow, Petrie, Harvey, Ziebell, Thomas, Thompson, perhaps more so.

The height of bullshit.

This thread gets sillier by the minute.

Lets see what we have here.

We get rid of Goldy and rely on two blokes who have played a combined 5 games of AFL Football.

For Goldy we get Suckling who if I am not mistaken will be coming back from a knee reconstruction next year. Of course there is also the small matter of the Hawks and Suckling being interested in this.

We trade Tarrant, who I would imagine is the best bet to replace Drew in the next couple of years when he retires.

Then we go after Cooney or Thomas. Cooney has to be highly problematic with his knee status. Why would we gamble on that? Thomas appears better value but he too is a little injury prone and will ask for very big dollars.

Thankfully we leave this stuff to the list management people.

Correct Goldy goes, the past few weeks he has been spent at the start of the 3rd quater, Leuenberger spanked him last week and Kreuzer did it last night and it would be only one bloke in Currie, Pyke has managed to do it when Mumford was out last year, so it can be done.

Suckling would worth taking a risk on just take a look at Malceski, probably the greatest knee reco comeback story ever. Goldy threatend to leave last year when he was told McIntosh would be the #1 ruck at North.

So you do not rate Black or even Majak to be able to replace Drew in a few years time, last night Taz was about as useful as a wet paper bag. not to mention all his shoulder problems. you dont want to take a risk with Suckling, but your happy to put the future of the NMFC forward line on Taz's shoulders.

Cooney seems to be over his knee trouble and is in brilliant form at the present.

Your right though, thankfully we do leave this stuff to the list management people, as they sure know what they are doing, they are fantastic at bringing in players and letting them rot in reserves or even trading for duds, Do you remember McKinley, Hay, Shane Harvey, Urquhart, Ben Warren. Jesse Smith (who we left on our list when receiving treatment on his ankle, then up and left)

another poster who embellishes posts of other posters.............starting to think egga and DR are the same person.

I haven't embellished anyone's post. I am merely expressing my amusement at this thread. There is no need to get personal with people just because they disagree with you. This is all supposed to be fun.

He has obviously had some issues which has hampered his fitness, I have no doubt he is going to drop a few pounds over the pre-season. Unless you liked what you saw with Atley kicking the ball in from a point then I wouldn't be too quick to push Loose off a cliff.

It is one thing being at a low point and being trolled by opposition supporters, when North supporters are also trolling you then you just can't wait for the season to end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He got his extension so he should get off his arse and be more professional in his approach. He can start by getting fit and lose a few kegs. He looks overweight and the way he fades out of games is testament to this. He has become a liability whereas he should be one of our leaders by getting extremely fit and lead that back line. He's smart and good enough to be but on the above proviso. I hope he trains hard over the break and comes back a leaner player as he could be an Andrew Mackie type instead of a Werribee back pocket which is where he is heading now.

To trade for someone under contract you have to give up some value.

Assume we need a hardnut midfield, say for the sake of it - Griffen.

Now who of the list has value to another side, can facilitate the trade and we can easily more easily replace. So name the players who have that value.

And before you name VFL players remember after the Pederson trade, the value of VFL players has dropped like the Australian dollar.

Alternatively we can continue with the same squad, or much the same, as this year....

Reckon our list management especially with some of the younger blokes has been very good.

Mac has played some shit footy this year, but unlike Spud has more credits in the bank and better chance to get out the rut if he gets fit.

Correct Goldy goes, the past few weeks he has been spent at the start of the 3rd quater, Leuenberger spanked him last week and Kreuzer did it last night and it would be only one bloke in Currie, Pyke has managed to do it when Mumford was out last year, so it can be done.

Suckling would worth taking a risk on just take a look at Malceski, probably the greatest knee reco comeback story ever. Goldy threatend to leave last year when he was told McIntosh would be the #1 ruck at North.

So you do not rate Black or even Majak to be able to replace Drew in a few years time, last night Taz was about as useful as a wet paper bag. not to mention all his shoulder problems. you dont want to take a risk with Suckling, but your happy to put the future of the NMFC forward line on Taz's shoulders.

Cooney seems to be over his knee trouble and is in brilliant form at the present.

Your right though, thankfully we do leave this stuff to the list management people, as they sure know what they are doing, they are fantastic at bringing in players and letting them rot in reserves or even trading for duds, Do you remember McKinley, Hay, Shane Harvey, Urquhart, Ben Warren. Jesse Smith (who we left on our list when receiving treatment on his ankle, then up and left)

You sir/boy need to be locked up.

harry-houdini-straight-jacket-o.gif

What IF Gold Coast offered up David Swallow in a 3-way deal (Zondor likes this!) to get the number one pick from GWS. Would you give up Goldy to GWS (they'd probably want more)?

So do North get the #1 pick or Swallow, or do we get the #1 pick from GWS for Goldy then trade the #1 for Swallow?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ship X Player out (because I said so)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back