Opinion Should BT/Darcy be barred from commentating the Grand Final after their recent biased commentary?

Should BT's recent biased commentary prevent him from calling the GF?

• Yes

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 10.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bennett is a far better caller of the game.

Absolutely, outstanding , but I presume it is BT and JB calling this week. Hypothetically I guess if one got sick Hamish is next in

But yeah Bennett would be good and I think seven have Nicholson ? might be getting his name wrong , you know callers who just call the play

Absolutely, outstanding , but I presume it is BT and JB calling this week. Hypothetically I guess if one got sick Hamish is next in

But yeah Bennett would be good and I think seven have Nicholson ? might be getting his name wrong , you know callers who just call the play
Yeah, both Nicholson & Bennett are far better callers of the game... no ego to distract from the actual game.

As annoying BT is, Luke Darcy is worse.
Every game he just repeats the same old stuff, eg: Tom Stewart recruited from Sth Barwon by Scarlett, or Pendles basketball background. Every game.
He has no variance in his commentary, everything is amazing and unprecedented.

I'd be surprised if he didn't know Player X's Social Security No. or Player Y's Star Sign.

Anthony Hudson, Brenton Speed with maybe Hodge as special comments and Jude Bolton on the Boundary as your number 1 comm team. Secondary team of Jason Bennett and Jack Heviron?? (commentating the AFLW at the moment) with Daisy on special comments and Lynch on the boundary.

Think Whately is great on the radio, not sure his tone would suit the TV commentary.
Daisy is terrible, nothing to do with her gender either. Kate McCarthy on MMM is the best female commentator by a mile, shocked she hasn’t got a TV gig yet.

Every game he just repeats the same old stuff, eg: Tom Stewart recruited from Sth Barwon by Scarlett, or Pendles basketball background. Every game.
So what you are saying, is, you don't like the way he goes about it?

It's not just the bias - he's a crap commentator. He tries to make boring things sound exciting, and when an exciting moment happens, he ruins it with that strange tone of voice and boring choice of words. Think of the best hamburger in the world and then pouring too much mayonnaise on it, mayonnaise that's stale and smelly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hudson should be the commentator for the Grand Final. He is the best caller by a country mile. Would never guess he was a Geelong fan in games and he always steps up, making the big moments iconic.
That’s it, you should have no idea who the commentator goes for.

The fact Gerard Whateley is stuck commenting on SEN is a travesty

Was going to say the same thing. Whately made it very clear early in his career that he supports Geelong. His punishment for actually being clear about this is that everything he says either in a call or on AFL 360 gets interpreted before he’s even said it, by the daft majority as ‘oh you is biased Geward and yu hav an ajenda.’

Reality is he along with Huddo are the most knowledgeable and impartial commentators in the entire code

Below is a post of mine, Round 1, 2015, Geelong v Hawthorn...
Must be awesome to be Luke Darcy.

Everything he sees is the best thing he's ever seen.

Imagine just walking around having your mind blown all day...
Good to see that the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Get offended by something - don't ignore it, don't pursue an alternative like watching with the volume turned down, don't contact the offending party to explain why you're offended and ask for them to change. Nah, just call for them to be banned.
Cancel culture is cancer

It's not just the bias - he's a crap commentator. He tries to make boring things sound exciting, and when an exciting moment happens, he ruins it with that strange tone of voice and boring choice of words. Think of the best hamburger in the world and then pouring too much mayonnaise on it, mayonnaise that's stale and smelly.

The fact that the Blake acres goal v Melbourne is forever going to have BTs commentary over it is a travesty.

Get offended by something - don't ignore it, don't pursue an alternative like watching with the volume turned down, don't contact the offending party to explain why you're offended and ask for them to change. Nah, just call for them to be banned.
Cancel culture is cancer

I’m not offended I just think they are shit commentators.

I would rather have Eddie McGuire commentate Collingwood games than BT.

Eddie was actually a pretty good commentator and at least attempted to hide his bias towards Collingwood unlike BT who is just shameless.

Darcy is even worse with his shameless barracking for the Bulldogs in their games and was almost as bad barracking for Carlton yesterday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Should BT/Darcy be barred from commentating the Grand Final after their recent biased commentary?

Back