List Mgmt. Should I stay or should I go now? End of season list management discussion (now continued for 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love this astute observation...

"For a trade to eventuate, the Magpies...would have to propose a deal to the Hawks or Hawthorn would have to approach Collingwood."

Well, yes, as opposed to happening by random quantum fluctuations...Nothing gets past you, Tom

"For a trade to eventuate, the Magpies...would have to propose a deal to the Hawks or Hawthorn would have to approach Collingwood."

Well, yes, as opposed to happening by random quantum fluctuations...Nothing gets past you, Tom
There’s some real fart smellers in AFL media.

"That's why he's the best in the business, Darce."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no doubt he's worth 2 x 1st to us but I think the most they would consider to part with is their 1st (pick 12) & 2nd rounder (pick 35). He's only 28 next month but if the club we're ever going to sell high on him then now is the time. My only worry is he's one of the best (if not the best) leaders at the club and we've all seen what happens when a club has high end draft talent but no one to lead them (re Jack Watts).

Going into this coming draft with picks 4, 12, 21, 35, 41, 43, 59 and 67 would allow us to bring in some quality youth. Unfortunately I just don't think we are in the position to cash in his trade currency but who knows what Clarko, Wrighty and just as importantly Gunston will want to do. One thing we do know is rumour / silly season has certainly kicked off.

there would be a possible points trade in all that to the dogs / Swans as well.
4 picks inside the top 25 or trade for a future first and just take the two and Downie.
it’s actually a really good position to be honest. It would ensure we have access to the next 2 drafts with top 10-15 talent in both drafts with list cuts. Also enables culling/trading of the list easier having that security.

Gunston story is rubbish. Won't go to the Pies. Not saying he is 100% staying but he won't be at Collingwood in 2021
Cheers for the info

Gunston story is rubbish. Won't go to the Pies. Not saying he is 100% staying but he won't be at Collingwood in 2021
Pies would probably know this if you’re correct. Which means they’re probably deliberately leaking the story as a bit of a Hail Mary as is often the case this time of year. Get people and the press talking about it and push the narrative.

Pies fans saying they want to offload a 2nd rounder and Phillips for him. Lol.

Phillips can't kick to save himself. Yuck.

Why would Hawthorn entertain a deal like that. Gunston is a star.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

2 firsts and Stephenson and maybe you’d consider it
Yep give us either Degoey or Stephenson and a pick otherwise get stuffed Eddie and you can lock that in. You want that missing piece of the puzzle badly enough? Give us some of your own good quality collateral.

Mid second for Cousins? He’s a 4th string mid in a side that finished bottom 4.

That would be robbery.
What I'm saying is we don't have to trade him away considering he showed strong form in the last month, if a club came for him we have it our way or nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back