List Mgmt. Should I stay or should I go now? End of season list management discussion (now continued for 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many more cuts to go then MP?

Gone: Stratton, Puopolo, Henderson, Glass
Well, the make up of the 42 will be the key. That discussion is ongoing. Whether its 36 senior, 4 rookies and 2 Cat B, or just 38+4 and no Cat B, or just flat 42.

Senior ListRookie List
1 Harry Morrison29 Changkuoth Jiath (B)
2 Mitchell Lewis38 Darren Minchington
3 Tom Mitchell (VC)39 Emerson Jeka
4 Jarman Impey40 Harry Jones
5 James Worpel42 Harry Pepper (B)
6 James Sicily43 Ned Reeves
7 Ben McEvoy44 Damon Greaves
8 Sam Frost45 Will Golds
9 Shaun Burgoyne47 Keegan Brooksby
10 Jaeger O'Meara (VC)
9​
11 Conor Nash
12 James Frawley
13 Conor GlassRetired
14 Jack Scrimshaw
15 Blake Hardwick
16 Isaac Smith
17 Daniel Howe
18 Jonathon Ceglar
19 Jack Gunston
20 Chad Wingard
21 Tom Scully
22 Luke Breust
23 Tim O'Brien
24 Ben Stratton (C)Retired
25 Jonathon Patton
26 Liam Shiels
27 Michael Hartley
28 Paul PuopoloRetired
30 Will Day
31 Ricky Henderson
32 Finn Maginness
33 Mathew Walker
34 Jacob Koschitzke
35 Josh Morris
36 Dylan Moore
37 Jackson Ross
41 Oliver Hanrahan
46 James Cousins
35​

So, we've currently got 35 senior listed, and 9 rookies. That's 44. If we're only taking 3 at the draft (I suspect more), then we need to cut down another 5 players.

Well, the make up of the 42 will be the key. That discussion is ongoing. Whether its 36 senior, 4 rookies and 2 Cat B, or just 38+4 and no Cat B, or just flat 42.

Senior ListRookie List
8 Sam Frost45 Will Golds
10 Jaeger O'Meara (VC)
9​
11 Conor Nash
12 James Frawley
13 Conor GlassRetired
14 Jack Scrimshaw
15 Blake Hardwick
16 Isaac Smith
17 Daniel Howe
18 Jonathon Ceglar
19 Jack Gunston
20 Chad Wingard
21 Tom Scully
22 Luke Breust
23 Tim O'Brien
25 Jonathon Patton
26 Liam Shiels
27 Michael Hartley
28 Paul PuopoloRetired
30 Will Day
31 Ricky Henderson
32 Finn Maginness
33 Mathew Walker
34 Jacob Koschitzke
35 Josh Morris
36 Dylan Moore
37 Jackson Ross
41 Oliver Hanrahan
46 James Cousins
35​

So, we've currently got 35 senior listed, and 9 rookies. That's 44. If we're only taking 3 at the draft (I suspect more), then we need to cut down another 5 players.
Minchington, Nash, Ross, Brooksby , golds/howe

Last edited:
Last edited:

Senior ListRookie List
8 Sam Frost45 Will Golds
10 Jaeger O'Meara (VC)
9​
11 Conor Nash
12 James Frawley
13 Conor GlassRetired
14 Jack Scrimshaw
15 Blake Hardwick
16 Isaac Smith
17 Daniel Howe
18 Jonathon Ceglar
19 Jack Gunston
20 Chad Wingard
21 Tom Scully
22 Luke Breust
23 Tim O'Brien
25 Jonathon Patton
26 Liam Shiels
27 Michael Hartley
28 Paul PuopoloRetired
30 Will Day
31 Ricky Henderson
32 Finn Maginness
33 Mathew Walker
34 Jacob Koschitzke
35 Josh Morris
36 Dylan Moore
37 Jackson Ross
41 Oliver Hanrahan
46 James Cousins
35​

I'll take a stab at the final 42.

36 on the Senior List (used to be 38)
6 on the Rookie List (used to be 9)

You'd think any of the guys in orange could be switched with Will Golds who is unlucky to get the axe. The guys in blue are no guarantee to be on the list either with Smith still unsigned and Cousins rumoured to be shopped. Outside of that you have Sicily who will be on the long term injury list for whole of 2021 which is why I elevated CJ to it. I also only went with the 1 Cat B with the assumption that the AFL will limit all list to only the 1.

1600903800752.png

You'd think any of the guys in orange could be switched with Will Golds who is unlucky to get the axe. The guys in blue are no guarantee to be on the list either with Smith still unsigned and Cousins rumoured to be shopped. Outside of that you have Sicily who will be on the long term injury list for whole of 2021 which is why I elevated CJ to it. I also only went with the 1 Cat B with the assumption that the AFL will limit all list to only the 1.

View attachment 969347

Didn't think Brooksby was bad enough to delist twice

View attachment 969347
You have to take 3 draft picks, Jones has to be elevated or delisted

I'll be disappointed if cousins is traded.
Footy smarts in the congested game is invaluable

yeah i agree there at parts of Cousins game i like but then other times he looks slow and indecisive with his ball movement (not alone there though) - but again could be just a confidence thing because he has been in and out the side so much over his short career

i don't think it's a given that Nash stays. Only played the two games this year in a contract year for him. I don't think he's made the progress that would have been expected of him this year at all.

You have to take 3 draft picks, Jones has to be elevated or delisted
With my list that would mean either Walker, CJ or Nash are gone. You wave goodbye to one of those 3 and then upgrade Jones to the senior list.

Like MP said though all this will be dependent on the finer details of how many on the Senior and Rookie lists. Also have to take into account Smith who very well might not even resign.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i don't think it's a given that Nash stays. Only played the two games this year in a contract year for him. I don't think he's made the progress that would have been expected of him this year at all.

yeah agree - i just cant see us keeping him with the reduction of list sizes - i thought Glass if any of Irish boys might have gone on but unfortunately think the Irish experiment might be done and dusted for the moment -

It's hard to predict who will be cut without knowing who might be coming in or going out via trade/fa. There are already 4 gone from the senior list and this is roughly how I would rank uncontraced players I'd be most comfortable letting go of after that.

1 Minchington
2 Brooksby
------- gap -------
3 Hanrahan
4 Jiath
5 Ross
6 Nash
------- gap ------
7 Jones
8 Moore
9 Howe
10 Morrison

I've left out the young guys who have only been on the list for 1 or 2 seasons because I don't think I have a good basis to judge them.

This does go pretty hard on the small/medium forward depth and it's plausible that Brooksby is kept on on some circumstances depending on trades/FA.

Worth two firsts? A-grade key forwards are rarer than A-grade midfielders, who commonly deliver two firsts. I don’t like it, as without Gunston we will be a barren wasteland up forward given the uninspiring performances of the others who spent time up there this year. So the return would want to be very good or forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back