FBDonkey

Club Legend
Apr 9, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Simple poll: should the 0s count towards price movement, weekly score, both or neither.

On the weekend in DT, the 0s counted towards neither. In SC they were reflected in price movement but not weekly score.

have your say.

Nobody who isn't a complete moron (see VS programmers), could argue that both shouldn't count under the spirit of the game rules.

If they played, they played. End of story.

Edit:
Year 2011
Bruce Mcaveney: Here comes Harvey coming out for this 300th game.
Dennis Cometti: Actually its only his 299th game, we don't count the game in 2009, where he was injured and didn't get a stat.

Bruce Mcaveney: Here comes Harvey coming out for this 300th game.
Dennis Cometti: Actually its only his 299th game, we don't count the game in 2009, where he was injured and didn't get a stat.

GOLD :thumbsu::)

EDIT:
Greatest BF response ever? lmao

For me, either the zero counts for both the price movement and score i.e, his price changes and you cop the zero (no emergency score come in to play), or it doesn't and it's treated as if he didn't play at all.

They can't have only half of the equation.

Even though I benefitted from having a emerg bench score go towards my overall score, I have always believed that the 0 should count and the price change accordingly.

He went onto the ground as was injured 30 secs in.

Tough biscuits. The 0 should hold.

Why should a negative game count and zero game not?

For the sake of consistency if a player runs out onto the ground his score should be registered, regardless of whether he picks up a stat or not.

I copped it two ways!

1. I had Hille in ruck with Meeson on the bench. However no emergency selected for rucks (if emergencies did not count then that would not have mattered)

2. Hills price dropped so not only do I have to use a LTI trade I now have less $$$

The only positive was I won my league games. I'm sure not all could be so lucky though.

It didn't affect me this week but I can't see any good reason why they shouldn't count for both. If a guy gets on the field, he's played a game. If you have two guys on different teams who blow out an ACL in the first two minutes of a game, but one gets a cheap handball and the other doesn't before they go down, why should their situations be any different?

Last year I picked up Burton from Adelaide at the peak of his form. The next week, he scored -4. The -4 counted (or detracted) in my score. How then can a zero be replaced with an emergency? Surely what is good enough for a zero is good enough for a negative score? What if the Zero player gets his injury in the 2nd quarter, has had possessions, and those are erased by a clanger or similar? Will his Zero still be eligible for an emergency to replace him? It would appear so. Unreal.

I lost my league match because of that BS. There is no justification at all for allowing an emergency to count when a player who starts a game scores a zero.

Pretty obvious that they should count to both, even though I wish Hille's price had stayed the same. They played, they scored zero. That's it.

both. if a score of -1 counts as -1 and 1 counts as 1 then you need to be consistent.

i get the feeling that because the system they use is 100% automated it will stay the way it is though. they probably use a simple bit of code like: 'IF on-field player's score = 0, THEN use emergency players score" that works for 99% of cases and requires no input during lockout/ the calculating phase.

to have a fair system that we all want someone would have to have access to the database during the lockout phase to manually differentiate between someone scoring a zero and someone not playing at all. maybe the way they've got it setup doesn't allow this.

the fact that they've known about this problem for a few years and won't change it suggest to me that they might have to fundamentally change something in how the program works and are unwilling to do so.

to make it somewhat fairer (if it needs to be 100% automated) then they should make emergencies come into effect whenever an on-field player scores below say 10 or 5 or something. not ideal i know, but at least you don't have the stupid situation of a -2 or 1 counting towards a score but not a 0.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or you could give each player in the starting 22 half a point at the start of the game. Then it doesn't matter what happens after that because they can't score a zero.

Last year I picked up Burton from Adelaide at the peak of his form. The next week, he scored -4. The -4 counted (or detracted) in my score.

You are totally wrong there.

I had Burton all last season and he didn't score a minus 4. He did score a 4 when the Crows played West Coast and Brett Jones was on him like a wet blanket (Had Jones most of the year too till I traded him out)

You must be getting confused with Mcleod's -2 or something! :eek:

You are totally wrong there.

I had Burton all last season and he didn't score a minus 4. He did score a 4 when the Crows played West Coast and Brett Jones was on him like a wet blanket (Had Jones most of the year too till I traded him out)

You must be getting confused with Mcleod's -2 or something! :eek:

Must've been. I also had Mcleod last season, that would be it.

Lucky we have an eagle-eyed proofreader like you judd_magic to point out any error. Keep up the good work! :thumbsu:

So, replace Burton for Mcleod in my above post and the point is still valid. I scored -2 for Mcleod, yet a zero can be replaced. Ridiculous.

Must've been. I also had Mcleod last season, that would be it.

Lucky we have an eagle-eyed proofreader like you judd_magic to point out any error. Keep up the good work! :thumbsu:

So, replace Burton for Mcleod in my above post and the point is still valid. I scored -2 for Mcleod, yet a zero can be replaced. Ridiculous.

LMFAO! :D

Normally I wouldn't bring something up like this but the fact that I had Burton last year just made me want to point it out I guess. The 4 he scored definitely sticks in my mind as I ended up losing that week to my opponent by 4 points and then these other x files occurrences happened during the match that involved 4 such as having tippet and cross who both wear the number 4, tippet scored 8 for me and half of 8 is 4, cross does an ineffective handball on the last game of the weekend against north in the last few minutes of the game and loses me 8 points and half of that was 4. I am pretty sure there were a few other no.4 occurrences that happened too. I made a thread about it last year and I ended up going mad like how Jim Carey did in that movie "The Number 23" LOL! :p

a 0 should count as a 0 if a player has lined up in their position for the first bounce.
btw on the point of negative scores, im pretty sure they dont exist anymore in the sc game. tom murphy scored -1 in stats against sydney yet in the sc game he got a 0

The Herald Sun wrote in todays paper that the irregularity of players scores of zero not counting towards total scores will be reviewed at the end of the season.

I got totally shafted by this, because Sheedy narrowly beat me in our league head to head because he was able to replace Harvey with Walker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back