List Mgmt. Should The Eagles Request A Priority Assistance Package at The End of This Year?

Should The Eagles Request A Priority Assistance Package at The End of This Year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Screw that.
Sack the talent scounts and just follow Cal Twomey's mock drafts. He has inside word with club scouts, we'd effectively be getting 17 other clubs doing our scouting for us.

We can then allocate those funds towards better assistant coaches.
FOS at 3, Lindsay at 13 and Oliver at 23 would be perfectly fine with me as per Cal’s rankings

Even though they won't do it, the AFL should bring in a pick for less than 4 wins. Teams are spending too long down the bottom of the ladder. The teams that have moved up the ladder in recent years (freo, Carlton, Port, crows) don't have the top end talent to compete with academies or F/S selections.

Even though they won't do it, the AFL should bring in a pick for less than 4 wins. Teams are spending too long down the bottom of the ladder. The teams that have moved up the ladder in recent years (freo, Carlton, Port, crows) don't have the top end talent to compete with academies or F/S selections.
A better way to do it is to give non finalists a second round of picks before the finalists get their 1st pick.

A better way to do it is to give non finalists a second round of picks before the finalists get their 1st pick.

Not sure about impacting finalist first round but I like where you’re thinking. Could maybe do something like below, where the bottom 10 double up on 2nd rounders but have no 3rd rounders and top 8 have double 3rds no 2nds.

1st: bottom 10 -> top 8
2nd: bottom 10 -> bottom 10
3rd: top 8 -> top 8
4th + : bottom 10 -> top 8

Removing compensation and all Pp at the same time.

Not sure about impacting finalist first round but I like where you’re thinking. Could maybe do something like below, where the bottom 10 double up on 2nd rounders but have no 3rd rounders and top 8 have double 3rds no 2nds.

1st: bottom 10 -> top 8
2nd: bottom 10 -> bottom 10
3rd: top 8 -> top 8
4th + : bottom 10 -> top 8

Removing compensation and all Pp at the same time.

The thing is that the system as it is set up works well - if the draft isn’t forever complex (compromised).

I know that the points system is being improved next year, but a team like Brisbane making a GF then getting a top 2/3 draft selection is not how it should be.

They need to find a way to force clubs into a decision (I.e. is it worth the cost to get high end players), also need to add a compound tax to additional academy players (I.e. 2nd match onwards needs a % more points).

I don’t disagree with the argument that northern (and other) academies are needed to grow the game - but they really need to start growing talent for all 18 clubs to access for it to be sustainable

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The thing is that the system as it is set up works well - if the draft isn’t forever complex (compromised).

I know that the points system is being improved next year, but a team like Brisbane making a GF then getting a top 2/3 draft selection is not how it should be.

They need to find a way to force clubs into a decision (I.e. is it worth the cost to get high end players), also need to add a compound tax to additional academy players (I.e. 2nd match onwards needs a % more points).

I don’t disagree with the argument that northern (and other) academies are needed to grow the game - but they really need to start growing talent for all 18 clubs to access for it to be sustainable

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Bottom 6 should get the -10% discount on academy players
Middle 6 should get no discount
Top 6 should get a + 10% surcharge

If they run out of points like Brisbane this year other academy players can't be matched on .

Brisbane would probably need to sell future picks or players to get both ashcroft and Marshall this year .

Well you are right that they can't compete against teams that continue getting multiple FS and academy access year after year.

No surprises which teams are in the grand final again.

It's the AFL Father Son / Academy Cup the two sides are playing for this weekend. Best team propped up by AFL concessions wins.

Turned into a fixed horse race the AFL competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Should The Eagles Request A Priority Assistance Package at The End of This Year?

Back