Pets Show us your Doggy

Remove this Banner Ad

McO32.jpg

Sorry to hear about your Dog, I also have a Jack Russel and he is a pain in my arse but I love him to death.

Here is a photo of him, his name is Spike. I've also added in a photo of my cat. He is a British Short Hair and his name is Richo. :D

duym.jpg

htpn.jpg

img0181we.jpg

wqzz.jpg

That is the most precious cat I've ever seen. Goochigoochigoochigoo!!

Shit. Oh God. WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME.

Bump. I hope this is an okay thread to post in.

My almost nine month old golden Labrador male that was a gift to my sister for Christmas (it's the families dog) has been diagnosed with a serious heart condition after the murmur the vet found around 4 months ago was still there the other day. Tyson's missing a left valve (or something other that is major) and it's incurable. He's been treated with some tablets to get rid of the fluid around his lungs (to see if it makes him feel better) and then he goes back to the vet in ten days. He may have to be put down when he returns to the vet. He may survive but either way it's a terrible situation as he's likely to die within the next year or so :(

It's my first dog (and pet) too :(.

lots of work training a shepherd but they are great dogs

I'm very interested in picking up a shepherd but concerned about how possible/easy it is to make them social dogs. My biggest fear is having a dog that I have to put out the back when visitor's come round.

How are you going with socializing and training your fella?

I'm very interested in picking up a shepherd but concerned about how possible/easy it is to make them social dogs. My biggest fear is having a dog that I have to put out the back when visitor's come round.

How are you going with socializing and training your fella?

He is slowly getting there at 3 years age he has grown out of the pup stage and settled down a lot over the last 6 months. but expect the usual pup escapades like chewed house and garden items...

Its all in the time you take to train and exercise the dog. I spend at least 1 hour taking him for a walk and another 20-30 minutes training him. I suggest you take him to a dog club for a least a year to get some good training tips. And this will get used to being with other dogs. Doing this when they are older is very difficult.
I started taking him when he was 12-14 weeks old and its helped a lot with his temperament.

And buy a gentle leader it makes them far easier to walk than a regular lead

Bump. I hope this is an okay thread to post in.

My almost nine month old golden Labrador male that was a gift to my sister for Christmas (it's the families dog) has been diagnosed with a serious heart condition after the murmur the vet found around 4 months ago was still there the other day. Tyson's missing a left valve (or something other that is major) and it's incurable. He's been treated with some tablets to get rid of the fluid around his lungs (to see if it makes him feel better) and then he goes back to the vet in ten days. He may have to be put down when he returns to the vet. He may survive but either way it's a terrible situation as he's likely to die within the next year or so :(

It's my first dog (and pet) too :(.

Of course it's ok to post, us pet lovers support each other in good time and bad.

Sorry to hear about your furry mate. I've got my fingers crossed for your dog and yourself. It's heartbreaking when the Vet gives you bad news and you know you have to make That decision. Enjoy your Tyson and give him lots of pats and hugs.

My poor old fella, a Dalmation who is now 11 years and nearly 8 months started having seizures 6 weeks ago, the vet has put him on medication. He had another seizure last night, not a bad one and it was the first in 6 weeks. Vet's diagnosis is old dog encephilitis, inflamation of the brain but other boffin who did his blood test said could be brain tumour. Holy crap. Up where I live in Nth Qld the weather is more than warming up and when he's had a seizure it has been quite hot but more quite humid. Yesterday was like that and this morning at 7.00 a.m. it was 21.5C and 91% humidity. :eek: Overhead fans are going like the clappers but air con will be turned on around 10.00 a.m. or so. I can cope at the moment but it's all about Clyde. We will just about donate a kidney for our pets if we could.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, my Boston Terrier, Archie, is having surgery for juvenile cataracts tomorrow? Has anybody else had to do this? It's expensive but apparently recovery chances are very good. I feel bad for the guy though. He's only 2 and a half. I'm a little unsure about recovery time so if anybody could share their experience that would be helpful. Thanks.

So, my Boston Terrier, Archie, is having surgery for juvenile cataracts tomorrow? Has anybody else had to do this? It's expensive but apparently recovery chances are very good. I feel bad for the guy though. He's only 2 and a half. I'm a little unsure about recovery time so if anybody could share their experience that would be helpful. Thanks.

Good Luck to Archie, fingers crossed.

I would post my dog up, but it will take away all of the manliness that I have left!! Being the only bloke in the house I had no say in the choice of dog we got, but still love my Teacup Poodle to bits, even though its a little shit.

d0gs, don't worry, mate, it is possible to retain your manly manliness while owning the type of dog that wouldn't look out of place in a Louis Vuitton handbag.

Meet Toby, a Bichon Frise the boys' mother bought earlier this year:

8120746600_ee9aee2afd_z.jpg

The first pic was not long after he arrived, the second is of him about two weeks ago sound asleep on the couch.
He doesn't malt (or whatever dog's fur does) which is one of the main reasons she got him as she can suffer from related allergies.
The boys love him to bits, as do I, the little shithead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pets Show us your Doggy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back