Review SHOWDOWN 55

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. He’s my dad’s favourite player, but I’ve never rated him for this reason. We’ve almost come to blows over it!
Another one that has infected us with the Geelong 90’s loser curse…
FMD. I have been saying this for years. Thinking it longer. He just isn't a great footballer and is ludicrously over rated by our fan base.

Anyone remember the GWS final when we kicked 1.9 in the final term with everything on the line?
We kicked 1.7 tonight. Absolutely shat our pants every time the ball went inside 50.

Game had no redeeming features, my neck is sore from two hours of shaking my head.

This has to be the catalyst for change at all levels of the club - every game we lose under this coach, we lose the same way. Beaten out the back on turnover, horrific goalkicking, wasteful forward dominance, poor selection decisions and capped off by late injuries.

Dixon should be dropped. Absolutely diabolical - gave away 5 frees in the first half, just about every possession was a turnover, was slow, hesitant and failed to do the most basic part of his job by bringing the ball to ground. Unfortunately, he will keep his spot because of the injury to Georgi, who also produced a relegation-worthy performance. Just about the dumbest footballer I've seen.

I don’t think we shat our pants. We just aren’t well drilled and structured, our forward line is just 58 player looking sky high to the ball….

Watch Rozee miss a month of footy now. Stupid ******* club. Sometimes I feel like life would be easier if we just folded.
If that was the best he could muster after declaring himself fit to play then I have little sympathy for him if he does miss a month. Selfish by the captain I'm afraid, hurt himself and his club.

They beat Melbourne at the Cattery by 186 points (2013?). Maybe if next week's margin is something similar, the clowns in charge at Alberton might finally realise something has to change.
They could beat us 500 and nothing will change.

"We've got a long way to go to be better than the Geelong footy club", etc.

Four Talls? Things not looking good for Georgy now, and Dix is growing roots in the ground these days. Put Mac and Cheese to the goal square. Bring on Summer
But our best performance of the season vs Essendon was when we played four talls

Hindsight says Rozee shouldn't have been captain but the footage of him looking genuinely sad that he's not out there sitting next to Hinkley who frankly didn't interact with him at all and dare I say looked disappointed at Rozee was telling.

He's a very young captain that's been thrown in to fix a weak culture and system. A manager supports their team members. What are you doing Ken?

Anyone remember the GWS final when we kicked 1.9 in the final term with everything on the line?
We kicked 1.7 tonight. Absolutely shat our pants every time the ball went inside 50.

Game had no redeeming features, my neck is sore from two hours of shaking my head.

This has to be the catalyst for change at all levels of the club - every game we lose under this coach, we lose the same way. Beaten out the back on turnover, horrific goalkicking, wasteful forward dominance, poor selection decisions and capped off by late injuries.

Dixon should be dropped. Absolutely diabolical - gave away 5 frees in the first half, just about every possession was a turnover, was slow, hesitant and failed to do the most basic part of his job by bringing the ball to ground. Unfortunately, he will keep his spot because of the injury to Georgi, who also produced a relegation-worthy performance. Just about the dumbest footballer I've seen.
Unfortunately dixon is the only one that looks like he can score goal. no one else has any spark

Watch Rozee miss a month of footy now. Stupid ******* club. Sometimes I feel like life would be easier if we just folded.
May not be such an issue - next week is a loss in any case but the next two are Hawthorn and North which we should win without him. Carlton after that might be a good game to have him back for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pathetic club

Frauds

Start at the top - Koch. A fraud of a man that hasn't a clue and has torn the heart out of this club to replace it with his 'new age' vision of what we should be. He's insulted every single person that sacrificed so much to get us where we once were all in the name of his ego. A revolting human.

Richo - a weak man. A bully. A man so far out of his depth it's not funny. Wouldn't get a look in at any other club and knows it so won't do a thing to question anyone, other than bully staff under him. A coward, literally.

Davies - another weak, weak man. He knows what's wrong, he has for years now but he's also wrapped up in the easy cash without accountability.

Hinkley - another weak man. Weak men bring hard times and boy we're seeing that first hand. He keeps the senior players happy, they get to basically do what they want and in turn they keep any resentment from under them getting louder.

It's all you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.

The absolute bottom of the barrel assistants we have. None would get jobs elsewhere and most were loser footballers too. It's just another in the long line of appointing guys that are thankful to even be given such a job so won't bite the hand that feeds them.

Hartlett - there's never been a faker human within the walls of the PAFC.

So is it any wonder we are now the mirror image of those that built us? Weak, scared, pretenders. Almost acting out and existence of being AFL footballers that continually ride on the coat tails of those that created what we once were.

Cripps and Parker have both been there way too long and as anyone can see the list they have built is trash. We have next to nothing coming through and they have been protected for far too long. If it wasn't for the occasional brilliance of some of our absolute top end players we'd be in serious strife - if we aren't already.

Unaccountable, zoning crap that cost us a game against a pretty average opposition tonight. And once again it took Ken ages to address anything at all because he just hasn't a clue what he's doing.

Port Adelaide Fraud Club PAFC
Agree with everything, but specifically your comments re Kok!

He is an absolute fraud who has turned the club into just another vanilla franchise, and needs to be fired into the sun asap along with kern, Davies and Richardson, with Chadbro used as the fuel to ignite the explosive charge.

If that was the best he could muster after declaring himself fit to play then I have little sympathy. Selfish by the captain I'm afraid.

This Rozee situation is fascinating.

Clearly the scans showed up fine and he was able to get through a fitness test, etc. That to me is all the medical staff need to do to declare him fit to play. From there it's up to him.

So he puts his hand up and doesn't last the full game. But is there actually an injury here? I know it's been mentioned before that some players can play through any niggle whilst others pull up stumps when they have even the slightest niggle - Fantasia being a classic example.

Whether people like it or not, Rozee is building a reputation as a mentally soft footballer. I'm not saying that this is definitely an example of that but I'm not ruling it out either.

Absolute rubbish.

If you're not going to play Finlayson when Adelaide brings in that many tall defenders, then you're playing into their hands when all you are doing is continuing to bomb it long into a forward line that has +2 in defence.

And what was McEntee's contribution to the game? Getting in the way of a Horne-Francis lead and then missing the goal.

If Finlayson plays, he forces one of their defenders to engage in the forward line instead of screening off. The only reason you don't play Finlayson is if you're going to play a territory game with the ball on the ground most of the time and attempt to exploit the agility of Rioli/Horne-Francis et al vs their talls. Then I could understand playing McEntee.

Also, Rozee should never have put his hand up to play. 15 disposals for 26 meters gained. That's not the performance of a captain. We were literally a man down the entire game with him out there.

This loss is fairly and squarely on the selection panel and by extension, Hinkley.
This was your post yesterday in the pregame and changes thread

Butts - 198cm (6'5)
Curtin - 197cm (6'5)
Worrell - 195cm (6'4)
Keane - 194cm (6'4)
Michalanney - 190cm (6'2)
Smith - 189cm (6'2)

vs

Dixon - 200cm (6'6)
Marshall - 198cm (6'5)
Georgiades - 192cm (6'3)
Byrne-Jones - 181cm (5'11)
McEntee - 176cm (5'8)
Rioli - 175cm (5'8)

But according to Adelaide fans they've finally got the balance right? Weird.

So
yesterday you're implying the crows have gone in too tall in defence. But now we've gone in too short.
I mean it's not like we all saw this result regardless of selections. Guarantee you that Finlayson puts up a similar impact to Marshall if he plays tonight.

I shouldn’t be upset since, mathematically we can still make finals.

Watch us lose 13 in a row though.
lol finals, who cares man. Meaningless exercise under this regime.

This Rozee situation is fascinating.

Clearly the scans showed up fine and he was able to get through a fitness test, etc. That to me is all the medical staff need to do to declare him fit to play. From there it's up to him.

So he puts his hand up and doesn't last the full game. But is there actually an injury here? I know it's been mentioned before that some players can play through any niggle whilst others pull up stumps when they have even the slightest niggle - Fantasia being a classic example.

Whether people like it or not, Rozee is building a reputation as a mentally soft footballer. I'm not saying that this is definitely an example of that but I'm not ruling it out either.
I'm pretty sure it was reported as a low grade hamstring strain which in a normal club not run by a buffoon is a 1 week recovery time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review SHOWDOWN 55

Remove this Banner Ad

Back