Sicily- will be one of the greatest hawthorn leaders.

Remove this Banner Ad

James Sicily bas proven himself to be a leader all year, running out with a bung shoulder and performing at an elite level week after week.

Ken Hinkley won a final at home by 3 points after coaching a side that played like witches hats last week. Started acting like his side just threepeated.

Even the description of the two is one sided. Would have loved to heard what Sicily said. It wouldn't have taken much.

Last edited:

I always thought Sicily was going to be our Vanders.

I'm starting to see him becoming our Hodge.

No disrespect to Richie but there are levels to this.

Peter Crimmins?
John Kennedy sr?

One is a extremely sad R.I.P and has the B&F named after him at the club and one change the club forever with the standards he set that we still use today and his stance within the club, and has a statue at our training ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But they are remembered because of this, like being a flag captain if they didn't have this attached to them would they be remembered.

So your point is that a great captain won’t be remembered as a great captain unless he does great things like winning flags or other legendary stuff?

Noted. Strong argument.

But they are remembered because of this, like being a flag captain if they didn't have this attached to them would they be remembered.
I'm genuinely confused as to what point you are trying to make.

You take something of note away and therefore they won't be remembered? Well..yeah but the argument was about being a premiership captain....

confused-no.gif

Btw you can add Shane Crawford to that list.

I'm genuinely confused as to what point you are trying to make.

You take something of note away and therefore they won't be remembered? Well..yeah but the argument was about being a premiership captain....

View attachment 2116717

Btw you can add Shane Crawford to that list.

Nope you can't Shane became a Brownlow medalist as Captain and was a B&F Winner 4 times, so will be remembered for this, also was the captain in the hard times of the 90's and was the shining light through that period, but in years to come when people look back who didn't grow up through the 90's or there parents also, he will be seen as a captain and a Brownlow medalist, in the history books of the Club and AFL.

But Yes Sicily will become a great Captain if he becomes a premiership captain in the history books, we can say he was a great captain if he doesn't win anything as we lived through his playing time but history won't as he won't be remembered, so who was our 3rd ever captain he may have been our best ever captain but who knows.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Sicily- will be one of the greatest hawthorn leaders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back