Sierakowski now a Roo!

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor kid, he's about to become a worse player than he was. Players who go from Hawks to Roos get worse (Hay, Piccioane, J Rawlings ultimately. Thompson possibly broke even), while Roos who come here get better (Gibbo, Hale).

To Roo Fanatic,

A rookie we needed to decide to keep or delist as his 3 years were up. In my opinion he would have missed out but only just. It is good for him that he may get a chance elsewhere.

So what would you get:
Sirra is a half back (tallish) with a good skill level. He has good game awareness but has some games where he is not involved enough. As a defender he is just OK, he skills are more in ball use and game understanding. He could be a bit stronger in a contests (he doesn't avoid a contest) and he isn't a marking type of player. In todays game you would use him on a medium half forward (who wasn't a prime forward) and try and free him up to distribute the football. He is about 187-189cm tall and has standard speed for this height.

I believe he played in defence for BHH, but BHH-watchers would know more. He was a third-year rookie for Hawks so he had to be upgraded to the primary list, traded or discarded. Riley Milne is in the same position (wondering if he'll be promoted with the extra draft pick Hawks have obtained for Sirra).

Hawks have found another home for Sirra to stay at AFL level, good luck to him.

*Edit: Pish, HAwker39 beat me to it :(

Anyone care to shed some light on this fella? literally know nothing about him!!

I reckon he has some similarities with Daniel Pratt whom I believe North Melbourne recently delisted.

Would struggle to get a game at Hawthorn, as he has quite a few players ahead of him. At least Hawthorn hasn't stood in his way of pursuing his AFL dream.

In my opinion excellent work by the Hawks to make something out of a situation where he was likely to be delisted.

Hope he breaks into the team at the Roos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well it's awful trading because he was good enough to become part of the next generation in our backline. He's 21 and has great skills by foot and overhead, would fit right in to our midfield or defence in the next few years.

Meanwhile Riley Milne is safe . . . how's that, Riley Milne stays and Sierakowski goes. Yeah, nice trading again, Hawks. Well done :rolleyes:

Well it's awful trading because he was good enough to become part of the next generation in our backline. He's 21 and has great skills by foot and overhead, would fit right in to our midfield or defence in the next few years.

Meanwhile Riley Milne is safe . . . how's that, Riley Milne stays and Sierakowski goes. Yeah, nice trading again, Hawks. Well done :rolleyes:

What makes you say Milne is safe? I didn't think the call had been made on him yet!:confused:

Who says Riley Milne is safe?

Sierakowski would have been delisted at the end of the season anyway. Not through lack of talent, but our surplus in HBF's means that he wasn't required at Hawthorn. Both clubs have done well in this deal.

Have he been squeezed out because we have 3 or 4 veteran players on our list that are being kept purely for depth?

He must not be able to play on a wing? I would have thought he could challenge for this position in 2012.

He's made our emergencies only once at 21, I don't see him play week in week out but surely he can't be that good.

Who says Riley Milne is safe?

Sierakowski would have been delisted at the end of the season anyway. Not through lack of talent, but our surplus in HBF's means that he wasn't required at Hawthorn. Both clubs have done well in this deal.

We have a half back surplus now, but what happens in a couple of years when Guerra retires? I like Cheney in that spot but Sierakowski is a better kick and better overhead than him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sierakowski now a Roo!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back