Sign Here - Im getting Bradd Dalziell!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Black almost won the brownlow last year and he still averaged 95. Plus the pre-season games are shorter so even if you think Black and Brennan take time off him, he will still get around the same TOG
I had Black last year and he started incredibly fast averaging 105 for the first 12 or so rounds. At the end he turned into a liability and didn't score that well. I'm not saying it correlates but food for thought

I had Black last year and he started incredibly fast averaging 105 for the first 12 or so rounds. At the end he turned into a liability and didn't score that well. I'm not saying it correlates but food for thought

Fair enough but I still don't think Black coming back and playing well equates to lower scores for Dalziell. If Black is playing well then Bradd won't get tagged. It's a good thing!

If I was to pick Bradd I'd want around 2200 for the season (100 per week, every week). He showed in the latter part of last season that he's a big scorer. He's shown in the pre-season that he is a big scorer. Averaged 26 touches and 7 marks in the AFL last season, and averaged 33 when playing in the reserves. His uncontested possession count is also ridiculously good for DT. Would I be happy to start Bradd with the intetnion of keeping him all season as my 4-6th mid? Not sure.

By the look of it, Voss' game plan should get a fair few more points for Dalziell compared to last year, plus he should improve as a 2nd year player. I understand why people aren't picking, so i certainly won't be saying i told you so if he does well

Black almost won the brownlow last year and he still averaged 95. Plus the pre-season games are shorter so even if you think Black and Brennan take time off him, he will still get around the same TOG

black nearly winning the brownlow has no impact on razzle, and for that matter, dream team has no impact on the brownlow. razzle does not play the same position or role as black, brennan, power or TJ. none of those players will have any impact on razzle's scoring.

he gets his points from uncontested possies and marks across half back, and he gets the ball because he can run anyone off their feet as he has better than elite running endurance. he just simply runs and makes position, hence gets the ball more often. no other player is going to influence his output, and because he racks up cheap possessions, he wont get a tag.

will be top 10 mid by the end of the year

2nd year blues = the lose.

Was a relative unknown last season. If he is having an impact on games early in the season, by round 5 coaches will be tagging him with a mature bodied player.

Plenty of players can get the pill when youre allowed to run free, but with each good game comes more attention, and before long he'll be targeted. How he copes with that will be interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will he be targeted though? He doesnt seem to be the most damaging player, more of a link-up man. I cant see him ever being tagged, too many players ahead of him.

Im giving Razzle some serious thought now. His WAFL history is encouraging, but its still a gutsy call.

It's not so much tagged as having an opponent stick closer to him. From what i've seen Razzle Dazzle has just been running free so far with barely an opponent in sight.

What's Dalziell going to do when he's playing on a Wells/Salopek/Young on the wing and they've kicked 3 first half goals because he's off chasing kicks?

Good wingman can find the ball and restrict their opponents.

It's works vica versa as well if Dalziell is tearing it up.

First of all i will say, these threads are not needed and should be locked straight away 54D :)
party pooper! :)

this thread has generated great discussion on what is one of the rarest players we have seen in a while. Its great to see all the pros and cons being thrown about.

I agree with pretty much everything that has been said from both sides, but still he will remain as my number 3 midfielder.

It's not so much tagged as having an opponent stick closer to him. From what i've seen Razzle Dazzle has just been running free so far with barely an opponent in sight.

True, but the guy has an incredible tank. He just runs all day long. Would be hard to stay with him for a full game.

As I have previously mentioned I think people would be mad to get him, but one thing that wont happen to him (only IMO) is him getting tagged. No way a team is going to go into a game with such a defensive mindset that they will tag 1-Black 2-Power then 3-Dalziell. He is a winger who will run free I just dont think he will get away with what he has so far in his very short career.

Wont get an official tag, he will just have someone keep in him check, or make him work hard the other way (defensively) as well. He's not going to just run around each week getting 30 touches every week without a coach doing something.

he is not worth tagging !!! most of his possessions are great for DT but dont have a lot of impact on the game itself. its better to let him get 30 possessions in a game than power, and thats what opposition teams will do.

You can't just have any player play tighter on him either, he doesn't just stand around on the ground, he runs everyone off their feet. He plays high amount of game time and is still running hard late in the 4th quarter, and that is why he racks up possessions. Its not because opponents aren't checking him, its because no one can run with the guy, and the guys that can have more important tagging roles.

We are talking about a guy who walked straight into the club in his first pre season and smashed blacks long standing beep test record. The kid has elite running skills, you cant just get some player to 'play closer to him', he will simply run 50 meters, gain 5-10 meters on his opponent in the process and pick up another uncontested mark.

Make no mistake, he will continue to rack up the possessions and will average over 25 disposals per game for the year. If you've seen this kid play live, and watch him run from the wing to the opposite half back flank to recieve a kick in, then offload it and run with the player up the field like he does, you would know where im coming from.

True, but the guy has an incredible tank. He just runs all day long. Would be hard to stay with him for a full game.

how many players do you know that run 15.13 in the beep test. black has elite endurance, and his record was 15.8 at the lions, til razzle dazzle showed up

Mate your convincing me. He is a seriously elite athlete - his numbers from the WAFL back up what your saying too. He knows where the pill is going to be, and has the legs to outrun anyone to that spot. Seems like a winning formula for a link-up man. As you said, he isnt that damaging so wont see any heavy attention.

Will be very interesting to see how many people actually have the balls to put him in though.

Mate your convincing me. He is a seriously elite athlete - his numbers from the WAFL back up what your saying too. He knows where the pill is going to be, and has the legs to outrun anyone to that spot. Seems like a winning formula for a link-up man. As you said, he isnt that damaging so wont see any heavy attention.

Will be very interesting to see how many people actually have the balls to put him in though.

Yeah i was thinking it would be high because he has had 4 games over 100 points in preseason and some people will just look at that and disregard his inexperience. But then again the vast vast majority of people playing DT probably won't have access to that information.

But yeah, he is definitely the odd one out in the 400k+ range, whether or not this means he attracts more people or not, we will have to wait and see, i personally hope only a few thousand people get him.

I still think Judd will be the most popular midfielder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sign Here - Im getting Bradd Dalziell!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back