out- bj burton, aiden bell,

dimboola
in-jarrod walker,
out-everitt, lohde, macfarlane, boof ross, shannon baker

united
in-tim friend, matt williams, liam offer, nigel sibson
out- mibus, combe, beddison, lovell, couple of juniors

burras
in- lenny clark, 3 delahuntys, waldron, dan smith, c walsh, joe milgate, ruwoldt, dean toet
out- scott smith

warrak
in-kyle george, hutchison, trav walder, ayden roberts
out-

Nhill
in-hargreaves, ladhams by 2
out- price, sibson

this is from wat i know/have heard please add to it or clear it up cheers

Horsham
in brad and jeremy hartigan
out bunworth lucas smith, jarrod wright, garret liston, matt stuart

Stawell
in ???
out???

Saints
in-butsch
out- c ellis

ararat
in - 2 searles

dimboola
in-jarrod walker,

united

burras
in- lenny clark, 3 delahuntys, waldron, dan smith, c walsh, joe milgate, ruwoldt, dean toet
out- scott smith

warrak
out-

Nhill
out- price, sibson

lovell from united was at training so im not to sure if hes playing or not

Whats the goss on Stawell recruits any loses??? Carr went in for surgery on his dodgy knee last week hopefully he can finally get it right after many years of grief at Belmont Modda and now stawel. To good of a player and to young to be having knee problems. Is Hansey playing again??
Hansey is skipper of the side for 09
And the only in I know of for Stawell is Daniel Parkin dunno of any outs as of yet. Haven't being to training yet so will find out more then.
Haven't heard anything on Carry

Hansey is skipper of the side for 09
And the only in I know of for Stawell is Daniel Parkin dunno of any outs as of yet. Haven't being to training yet so will find out more then.
Haven't heard anything on Carry

I heard that big shane MEGGSY field has dropped 15 kg............he took a dump:D

this is from wat i know/have heard please add to it or clear it up cheers

Horsham
in brad and jeremy hartigan
out bunworth lucas smith, jarrod wright, garret liston, matt stuart

Stawell
in ???
out???

Saints
in-butsch
out- c ellis

ararat
in - 2 searles

dimboola
in-jarrod walker,

united

burras
out- scott smith

warrak
out-

Nhill
out- price, sibson

Brad hartigan has not left the club at all , he played in last yrs premiership and has played the odd roosters game but hes never left the dee's.

Also in the Noske rumour mill at nhill they MAY lose Ricky Leyonjhelm to a BFL club, im not saying its going to happen im just saying its a might.

Other than that good job with those ins and outs!

Hope that money the young girl found in Warracknabeal wasnt to pay hutchy , georgey and walder :eek:

Does Dimboola have a few recruits in the pipeline does anyone know?? because its looking pretty bleak at this stage. Perhaps the grass wasnt greener on the otherside for Davo.

As far as I know Dimmy has not picked up anyone of note. I spoke to someone from Dimboola but not close to the club who said a few guys that had been playing in the reserves would be pulling the pin. Maybe the big worry is how are they going to fill that seconds side?
Roos to be road kill in 09.

Thought that Dim had picked up a bloke who played Ammo's in 08 but can't recall his name. Haven't heard anything confirmed on Lohde or McFarlane either. Hope you're wrong on the road kill comment.

I didn't make any comment about who was or wasn't contacted, just asking the questions. I know stuff all about the Ararat footy club. How many guys did they have in the first's last year under the age of 22?
Well i guess can look at it as the only ones over 22 were Fish, Fratin and Bligh with a few former 1's players filling the numbers when there were injuries. These players were just having fun and kicking around in the magoos such as Matt Summers, Shea, Holz Flemming who are all past their prime but handy fill ins. If ive missed anyone apologies

I heard that big shane MEGGSY field has dropped 15 kg............he took a dump:D

Im not gunna agree to that but i have seen him doing a fair bit of running and doing a bit of walking with the mrs.... The old man even agrees he has trimmed down a fair bit

From what i hear Nhill are close to signing another sanfl player. I hear Simon brearley has also signed along with a mate of the coaches bayzand. I would think Nhill might be the suprise packets of the season. Warrack to be Horsham's biggest challenger IMO.

From what i hear Nhill are close to signing another sanfl player. I hear Simon brearley has also signed along with a mate of the coaches bayzand. I would think Nhill might be the suprise packets of the season. Warrack to be Horsham's biggest challenger IMO.

Dont think Breals is playing this yr needs an op done on his knee i think i maybe wrong though, The coaches mate is a bloke called Jarrod Lee who has come from a QAFL side, Bayzand coached him when they both played at yepoon a few years back, lightning fast winger with sharp skills im told.

Nhill are very close to picking up at least one SANFL player along with a couple of others from S.A.
Is shaping as a great year in the WFL. All clubs look to be pretty even except for Dimboola and United.

i heard nhills best junior ricky lehonjhelm has left nhill to play with his brother for learmonth? if thats the case that a huge blow and ricky seemed to be a great prospect. He will be a genuine star one day! i would say one of the best talents in the wimmera league after i watched a few of his gAMES this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ricky is still deciding his future as far as I know. I would imagine with the players in the pipeline it actually might be possible his big bro comes back to Tiger Land.

would be fantastic for the club for the 2 lehonjhelms to play for the tigers once more. has ladhams hit the training track yet?

Don't know but i do know there are a few people pretty excited out Nhill way. It has been a long time since the club has been a top three force and I think people are hoping that the club is really on the way up. From what I have heard players are training like they really mean it and are pretty focused on the prize already. There are a few more players in the pipe line but like anywhere else you have not really got them until they have wriiten it down and it has been excepted by the League.

Very true fancy pants. I think minyip murtoa may be getting a bit far ahead of themselves. a couple of signings will not mean they will even come close to finals. They still will be a very ordinary Wimmera League side. jusyt my opinion

Ricky is still deciding his future as far as I know. I would imagine with the players in the pipeline it actually might be possible his big bro comes back to Tiger Land.

Wont happen mate, he's well established at Learmonth and will play in a Grand Final there this year. I believe ricky has indicated to Nhill he is still making his mind up as he may go play with Ex-Nhill Dynamo Jayden Alexander at East point in the BFL but Rick did indicate to me a few months ago an interest in playing with Josh at Learmonth. Either way he is a gun and will be welcomed at any 3 clubs.

You are probably right there Wizza but I reckon the anticipation is great. I have no idea how the Kookoos, Brimackabeal or the Zero Tigers will fare but I’m hopeful that they will all improve. The Rodents and the Scarlett thighs also reckon they can make the top three. I think this will mean some really good hard home and away games. Unfortunately the KFC Mc Nuggets and The Dimboola Road Kill are going to struggle badly. I still think Horsham will beat all easily but I see in the draw that they play Stawell, Minyip, Dimboola then Nhill. By the end of those games there might be some cold hard reality hitting home.
The WFL appears to have picked up a lot more than it has lost for the first time in years which is great. I think the whole competition will go up a notch in 09.

You might be right on a few clubs fancy,but it seems like the Rats are losing a lot of youngins every time you read a post on local sites someone is signing an Ararat lad can anyone out there shed any light on this?

Any other word on SANFL players? I heard a whisper the club had asked Jason Mc Cartney to make a cameo.

I had a round of Golf with the coach last week and he mentioned still waiting to hear back on a few but his happy with the list he has and if the others come through it will be a bonus. It’s quite interesting to pick Bayzands brain on a few things I think his coaching abilities have gone under the radar dramatically. He is already generating a buzz around the town and will bring big things.

As for Jase he's pretty heavily involved with the AFL and development at the moment so I’d say he'd be pretty busy and to my knowledge he hasn’t been playing/played since his last game for the Roo's it would be great if we got him back for even just 1 game or even for a sportsman’s night, he's a great ambassador for grass roots football and has never forgotten where he began.

I would think Chris Ladhams 54 games for Adelaide and Daniel Hargreaves 45 games for the Bulldogs and Freo would count for more then a couple of years on the rookie list at brisbane.

That is not what i am getting at, who can you see getting close to him in the ruck?? Both in the centre and around the ground? Ladhams and Hargreaves will be great players this year i have no doubt about that, however i think they could be more easily manned up against, compared to Clark...

Bit dissapointing that he is happy with the list and is'nt hell bent on getting some quality big guys. Might end up with egg on his face if either Nhill don't finish top three or the SANFL guys don't turn up.
Hargreaves and the 2 Ladhams are signed and sealed they'll be coming. He'll look to develop his very young list, top 3 is an extreme step for Nhill looking at where they've finished the last 5 years. They'll aim for finals to start with then once in the finals i'd say the playing group will rise to the occasion seeing as the club hasnt made senior finals since '03.

As for your last comment likeacork i definately agree with that, any player who is 204cms is hard enough to shut down/man up but someone of that size who can actually play and has played at such a high level is going to be a nightmare for every club. I'm actually gonna go out on a limb and say he will poll extremely well in the Toohey, why? Because his going to stand out like Dogs balls for obvious reasons, he'll kill most if not all ruckmen and his athleticm will be 2nd to none after the stint at west and brissie.

I wouldn being putting money on that Animal, from what I hear Ladhams is playing up in Darwin an is every cahance to go back to the SANFL now he has shaken his injuries acording to a mate of mine who plays over there, dont know much about Hargraves but would expect Nhill must be paying a fortune because he could good good money around adelaide.

I'm pretty sure he's signed a contract but im not 100%, no-one has let slip what any of them are on but i think its fair to say its a fair bit. I know the Tiger boys have a pre-season camp coming up within the next few weeks ill be sure to let you all know if they turn up, the club is flying Aaron Beer and Jarryd Graham back from Darwin for it.

Your 'in the know' mailtimes can you tell me why the Darwin-dimboola boys have moved on, its sad that a guy like JS put soo much time,effort and money into the club and into getting and keeping those boys and now the club is going to be back where they were 6-7 yrs ago. I hope it wasnt a money issue because thats poor and disrespectful by those players.

Have you heard any more about United. Are they still trying to get some players or have they given up? They seem to have replaced a few numbers wise but quality wise they are stuffed.:thumbsdown:

Haven't heard to much Fancy. But impossible to replace Mibus, and who else will kick their goals without Jarrod Combe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back