Silly Season.... Recruiting and other nonsense

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain Dela. You have been asked several times weather John Kosch will be playing after his knee comes good. What's the go? He would make a massive difference to your side if you could get him home again.

He hasn't committed, but my guess is that he will play. He is working really hard to get his knee right too, currently running on it at full stride. Geez what a great inclusion he would be to the burras on ball brigade...

Captain Dela. You have been asked several times weather John Kosch will be playing after his knee comes good. What's the go? He would make a massive difference to your side if you could get him home again.

If Koschy does come back in play which is a possibilty, he would not play til round 10 or so, Be looking at a cemented top 3

You might be right on a few clubs fancy,but it seems like the Rats are losing a lot of youngins every time you read a post on local sites someone is signing an Ararat lad can anyone out there shed any light on this?

Just been reading Mininera site it seems like Ararat are losing another young one by the name of Ben Newsome i think he played o lot of he's footy at full back?

Ah, for the most part that would be the rub of the mighty green!! Rats just cant compete with some of the money being thrown around...

Its not always the mighty green. Sometimes $100 a game can get a talented junior away from the rats. If ararat didnt spend the huge dollers on the coach, bligh and fratin they might be able to spend some money on the younger players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty sure he's signed a contract but im not 100%, no-one has let slip what any of them are on but i think its fair to say its a fair bit. I know the Tiger boys have a pre-season camp coming up within the next few weeks ill be sure to let you all know if they turn up, the club is flying Aaron Beer and Jarryd Graham back from Darwin for it.

Your 'in the know' mailtimes can you tell me why the Darwin-dimboola boys have moved on, its sad that a guy like JS put soo much time,effort and money into the club and into getting and keeping those boys and now the club is going to be back where they were 6-7 yrs ago. I hope it wasnt a money issue because thats poor and disrespectful by those players.

The 3 blokes from adelaide will be costing a lot of money but from what i can gather they will be worth it. Ladhams is playing great footy up north. I think hes pretty committed to nhill as he has been trying to get a couple of other blokes to sign on for them to in recent weeks. Dimmy have lost lohde and mcfarlane as they are in the nt team that is going to be playing in the queensland state league comp this season.

If true that would be a major coup not just for the Burras but also the WFL. Not as good as Shreck I don't think but very much a stand out backman.
When you say first hand do you mean from the horses mouth?

not 100% but my mail is that lanyon is going to the burras, saints had a massive crack at him and were very confidnet . Have also heard jackson from kalkee could follow his mate waldorn to the burras.

Alot of rumour on here about nhills big imports hope they have signed wouldnt be the first time nhills recruits have had a change of heart, but you'd hope not.

Any whispers on jeparit getting a coach out of the wimmera league????

If if if if if.
Best Wimmera league player of the last 10 years and most definantly the best looking. You get him home and I will be at most of your games.

What a are you talking about Fancy? Best Wimmera League player in the last 10 years?
McFarlane, Penny, Burgess, Kelm, Carr, Tuckey.....come on gentlemen keep adding to the list.

Read next weeks Mail Times. I Heard it first hand today. Geez they're doing some pretty handy recruiting down there at burra land...

Moved back to Horsham a few months ago. Ex Burra player, great mates with Carter so would seem the logical decision to head back out to the Marma Swamp. His missus has ties with the Diggers who have been throwing plenty of cash at him too.

What a are you talking about Fancy? Best Wimmera League player in the last 10 years?
McFarlane, Penny, Burgess, Kelm, Carr, Tuckey.....come on gentlemen keep adding to the list.

I havent seen enough of the last 3 years to comment so ill go with the 3 or 4 before that

Skurrie

Penny

Kosch

Kelm

Adams

I mainly watched these players Vs Nhill and Mal Adams always turned it on against Nhill so thats why he's on there. So even though some of you may not agree with them im going off the games they've played against Nhill.

I'd like to give notable mentions to S.Batchelor,Carr,Lohde,Sonny Lindsay.Mibus,Walder and J.Tucker

The best game performance ive seen would have to go to Brad Miller's 22 goals at Nhill.

These were off the top of my head i didnt think about them for a long time so yeah just a quick few i put together.

Who did Waldron play for in the Mallee league? How long ago? I thought he had played all his footy with Kalkee.

Played his juniors at Hopetoun and may have played seniors while still junior age. Think he may have also been at Jeparit Rainbow before that. Started at Kalkee when he was 16-17 but never played juniors there.

The 3 blokes from adelaide will be costing a lot of money but from what i can gather they will be worth it. Ladhams is playing great footy up north. I think hes pretty committed to nhill as he has been trying to get a couple of other blokes to sign on for them to in recent weeks. Dimmy have lost lohde and mcfarlane as they are in the nt team that is going to be playing in the queensland state league comp this season.

i know the boys from darwin and Mcfarlane got a apprenticeship and lohde is looking to get a good job up there, thats the reason why there not heading back to dimmy. don't bag blokes unless you have the facts. dimmy always new they wouldn't be ther forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back