Silvan move to EFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Seperate Thread - Silvan move to EFL?

Just observing from an EFL point of view, all the talk on here over the last few months has been about everyone wanting Silvan to go, so why would you stop them now? if they want to go why would you want them to stay in your league then still leave in 12 months time.
Just curious.
Agree. The post added that Silvan may have a fight 'if the YVMDFL objected'. I can't see any point in it, tho. Just get on with next season, concentrating on the clubs who want to be there. Silvan have been there and back before, and will likely return down the track!

Agree. The post added that Silvan may have a fight 'if the YVMDFL objected'. I can't see any point in it, tho. Just get on with next season, concentrating on the clubs who want to be there. Silvan have been there and back before, and will likely return down the track!

The 12 month rule does make sense as it gives the YVMDFL a year to work through plugging the gap. Do we want a bye in Divvy 2 as I can not see the clubs voting for Bonnie Doon and if you look at it their home does seem to be the O&K and that is what the VCFL wanted initially.

Bonnie Doon meeting next week.

One of the discussion points may be that we try and get Marysville Reserve and its facilities up to spec and Bonnie Doon may play some home games there.

Great for "Marysville Football" and helps alleviate some of the travel.

Protocol still has to be followed. If the league constitution states that 12 months notice has to be given, then so be it. If the league goes against its own constitution now it may open a can of worms in the future. Silvan's clearance will/should be rejected by the league on the basis that insufficient notice has been given, AFLV will approve it on appeal and then everything is rubber stamped and above board. It might seem a bit silly to some, but as they say, the law is an ass!!!

Interesting one for the league if Silvan go will Alex stay up or will Kinglake be offered the oppurtunity to go up if they want ?

I still cant believe it has come to this. As I have said to several Silvan people over the last month who have told me this is their only way survival - they were in dire straights. Why havent they made it clearly evident to all & sundry (prior to making this submission), eg: neighbouring clubs etc we need help, either to change structures at the the league or internally at our club.
I know several people from our area see this as the decline of football & we would have helped more had we been asked.

The Harsh reality is Silvan football club was created to service football in Silvan & surrounds not for players from Croydon, Bayswater, Ringwood etc - pickup your ground & club & move or like many other farming communities in Victoria clubs have merged to still service the local community in which they were created to Serve!

I still cant believe it has come to this. As I have said to several Silvan people over the last month who have told me this is their only way survival - they were in dire straights. Why havent they made it clearly evident to all & sundry (prior to making this submission), eg: neighbouring clubs etc we need help, either to change structures at the the league or internally at our club.
I know several people from our area see this as the decline of football & we would have helped more had we been asked.

The Harsh reality is Silvan football club was created to service football in Silvan & surrounds not for players from Croydon, Bayswater, Ringwood etc - pickup your ground & club & move or like many other farming communities in Victoria clubs have merged to still service the local community in which they were created to Serve!

Good post Cagga, those were my initial thoughts when they said the move was on because there players live in the north eastern suburbs I am sure alot of clubs are in the same situation and I know we at Thornton have alot of players from that area.
Interesting too that they will no longer have netball which you would think will also hurt the club

Waive the 12 months Graham and make sure we change the locks. Let them go and be a suburban farce, and let’s concentrate on the clubs who want to support their local community and league.

Be great for Alex to stay up as they unlike the felines want to be a part of Div 1 Yarra Valley Mountain District footy and are willing to endure a hiding to better themselves.

Quite ironic that Silvan packs the tail between the legs and scarpers the minute they are on the end of a belting instead of dishing it out.

Farcical.

Scum Club the sooner they go the better, p#$s them off for good. Im over this Silvan talk im over Silvan no sympathy for the club at all

I think I'm not out of line here by saying that if the Silvan FNC had shown even a pinch of humility during its successes of the last 5-6 years, the general public sentiment would probably be a little different.

The people who even got stuck into me at different times with lines such as "you guys need to work harder, if we can do it then you guys can too. Don't be lazy!".

Well, the fact that an individuals business bankrolled the whole operation during this period isn't exactly indicative of a hard working committee is it ?

This has been shown up by the fact that that individuals business no longer exists, and we saw the mass exodus within 7 days. And thats not a slight on that fellow, after all, he was a league director for many years, a life member at Silvan by the mid 90s and I think based on the dozen or so times we've met, a pretty bloody good bloke. He's stuck his hard earned to assist and it hasn't worked out.

I think its very dissapointing to see the club take this path (my opinion, not my clubs)

Scum Club the sooner they go the better, p#$s them off for good. Im over this Silvan talk im over Silvan no sympathy for the club at all

I'm over the Silvan thing myself, and although I don't endorse some of the vitriol, many thoughtful posts have made me rethink a few ideas. Totally True's point on protocol is very sound. Protocol must be followed, otherwise, don't have any rules at all! I suspect Silvan will have a big task convincing the AFL its move was kosher, anyway.
Cagga hits a few nerves about why a local club exists and its obligations to communities (people and sporting). TEDFNC and TeeS have shot a few holes in Silvan's justifications and also outlined a number of concerns about the Cats' relationship with other clubs.
I would prefer it hadn't come to this, but the Board should oppose it! We have rules and may have to put with a sulking club for 12 months, but I now see no reason to encourage member clubs to treat the YVMDFL, its rules or other clubs with contempt.
The rule was in place to minimise disruption so that the League could forward plan, and the Cats' move jeopardises an ideal it obviously endorsed for others to follow!. It also challenges the authority of a democratically structured governing body. Silvan applied to leave using indecent haste and a string of thin arguments. We deserve better!!
I don't envy the Board handling the shrapnel from this episode.

I dont agree with this sort of attitude. Lets think about things carefully & plan for the future.

Rules are rules, and if the people involved at Silvan have such contempt for the league that they didn't even do the basics and look into what requirements they had to met with both the current league & future league then they deserve all they cop! I say make em stay for 12 months where they don't want to, and re apply in 12 months as every other club would be required to do. Maybe even with the support of fellow clubs and the league they can turn themselves around & stay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rules are rules, and if the people involved at Silvan have such contempt for the league that they didn't even do the basics and look into what requirements they had to met with both the current league & future league then they deserve all they cop! I say make em stay for 12 months where they don't want to, and re apply in 12 months as every other club would be required to do. Maybe even with the support of fellow clubs and the league they can turn themselves around & stay.

My first impressions was if they want to go let them go.
But reading these posts and some previous one's by Graeme Tuplin I feel the legue must appeal this no matter what the end result.
The reasoning is if they don't it sets a very dangerous precedence for other clubs who may look to follow suit in the future of just being able to do the same as Silvan and disregard the rules and be accepted into another league. The league and the clubs can't let this sort of thing happen

Waive the 12 months Graham and make sure we change the locks. Let them go and be a suburban farce, and let’s concentrate on the clubs who want to support their local community and league.

Be great for Alex to stay up as they unlike the felines want to be a part of Div 1 Yarra Valley Mountain District footy and are willing to endure a hiding to better themselves.

Quite ironic that Silvan packs the tail between the legs and scarpers the minute they are on the end of a belting instead of dishing it out.

Farcical.
Oh Phillthy i hope you don't suffer from vertico, cause it must be a very high place from which you are sitting, looking down on everyone while you single handedly save the world! God bless ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeS
Well spoken tonight Joey, 100% behind you and the board.

What was said?

GT said and I quote " we as a board feel that with Darren Jolly and Luke Ball on board, the Pies will be flag favourites for 2010".

I'm 100% behind that line of thinking ! :)

Hey Rip it up, i'd like to see you walk into the SFC and call us scum to our face's, something tells me that you are the one who is as weak as p#$s, maybe your still upset over the poundings we gave you over the years, champ

May be a bit hard for him CP as there never seems to be anyone there lately.

It's a bit rich you spouting how someone should be scared and running from a pounding, when it is exactly what your beloved SFC seems to be doing.

Be passionate about your club mate but please spare us the PR crud like we are looking outward, etc.

Perhaps the ungracious behaviour of many Silvan supporters in the past few years has led to the angst and ill will you now see regards your club, and to be frank I cannot fathom why you are appalled or astonished by this given Silvan's total contempt of late for the league as a whole.

No high tower looking down here, just a local football supporter with an opinion which varies greatly from your own.

May be a bit hard for him CP as there never seems to be anyone there lately.

It's a bit rich you spouting how someone should be scared and running from a pounding, when it is exactly what your beloved SFC seems to be doing.

Be passionate about your club mate but please spare us the PR crud like we are looking outward, etc.

Perhaps the ungracious behaviour of many Silvan supporters in the past few years has led to the angst and ill will you now see regards your club, and to be frank I cannot fathom why you are appalled or astonished by this given Silvan's total contempt of late for the league as a whole.

No high tower looking down here, just a local football supporter with an opinion which varies greatly from your own.
No your right Phillthy, there's no one there anymore(what a stupid comment) And what ungracious behaviour are talking about? Is it the fact that our supporters get behind our players and support them when they are beating the so called "power brokers" of the league, who could'nt cope to losing to Silvan, what right does Silvan have beating the big three? Admit it, you could'nt stand being beaten by Silvan could you?The things i heard shuted over the fence towards our players by the big three supporters over the last 7 years has been disgraceful, comments that were not returned when the big three or anyone else were playing at Silvan, so please put this absolute crap about being ungracious to bed. And why is seeking to play at another league showing contempt to the YVMDFL? so that must mean all the clubs who change leagues are showing contemt, I can assure you Sunshine all proper steps were taken in our bid to move the EFL, but you'd be one who doesn't want to hear the truth, otherwise you won't have too much to bang on about

No your right Phillthy, there's no one there anymore(what a stupid comment) And what ungracious behaviour are talking about? Is it the fact that our supporters get behind our players and support them when they are beating the so called "power brokers" of the league, who could'nt cope to losing to Silvan, what right does Silvan have beating the big three? Admit it, you could'nt stand being beaten by Silvan could you?The things i heard shuted over the fence towards our players by the big three supporters over the last 7 years has been disgraceful, comments that were not returned when the big three or anyone else were playing at Silvan, so please put this absolute crap about being ungracious to bed. And why is seeking to play at another league showing contempt to the YVMDFL? so that must mean all the clubs who change leagues are showing contemt, I can assure you Sunshine all proper steps were taken in our bid to move the EFL, but you'd be one who doesn't want to hear the truth, otherwise you won't have too much to bang on about
You say you followed all the proper steps perhaps so but you forgot the most important-Giving the YVMDFL the required 12 months notice.

Good diversion - blame the so called "BIG 3" - obviously from the posts a number of people feel that you were ungracious - maybe other clubs return what they felt they received. I do not think it matters anyway, maybe you should be happy that there are people who do not want you to go, and are trying to understand your reasoning.

No your right Phillthy, there's no one there anymore(what a stupid comment)

I am basing this on driving past the ground on week nights around 6-6:30 pm and the place being dark and deserted, if Silvan had a secret training location I stand corrected.

Also on the occasion where a Silvan player came to our club rooms around 7 on a Sat night during the season because his rooms had closed.

And what ungracious behaviour are talking about? Is it the fact that our supporters get behind our players and support them when they are beating the so called "power brokers" of the league, who could'nt cope to losing to Silvan, what right does Silvan have beating the big three?

A certain life member of the Silvan Football Club who may or may not have been Mrs Compass vehemently hurling abuse at the Monbulk coaches box in 2008 springs to mind, as well as a comment from a large gentleman supporter wearing SFC gear stating "Come back when you learn how to f#$%&@g play you weak c%$*&s" on the same day does not really lend itself to being quote " our supporters get behind our players".

Winning is not a right it is earned by toiling hard and being the better side, perhaps again this is what may differ greatly from the psyche displayed at Silvan, and that of the other clubs

Admit it, you could'nt stand being beaten by Silvan could you?

Any supporter, member, player, coach or club official cannot stand losing, it is the grace it is handled with which matters. I can only speak for my club and I can assure you we look at ourselves squarely to blame on a loss. It does not matter who beats us it is always handled with self examanation and dignified without any diatribe to other outside influences such as umpiring, etc

The things i heard shuted over the fence towards our players by the big three supporters over the last 7 years has been disgraceful, comments that were not returned when the big three or anyone else were playing at Silvan, so please put this absolute crap about being ungracious to bed.

What you have copped is no different to what any other club has copped.

And why is seeking to play at another league showing contempt to the YVMDFL? so that must mean all the clubs who change leagues are showing contemt, I can assure you Sunshine all proper steps were taken in our bid to move the EFL, but you'd be one who doesn't want to hear the truth, otherwise you won't have too much to bang on about

Seeking to play elsewhere is only contemptious in the method of seeking. Not applying to the current league giving 12 months notice (unless you are calling Graham Tuplin and his board liars) is contempt, but when it coveniently occurs just weeks after your $tar players and cash walked out the door leaving the club where it generally has dwelled - facing seasons in 2nd division.
You seem to quote the "Big 3" at will which resonates your insecurities or just envy. 4 first div senior flags in 88 years speaks volumes when you babble on about the big 3. I assume you mean Monbulk, Upwey-Tecoma, and Woori Yallock. The very reason these clubs are successful is that they nurture juniors, have a healthy club culture, learn from poor seasons by looking at what they can do better and don't pay out huge $$$ for quick fixes.
I wish you well in the EFL but the dominant over tone is dodging out hidings instead of handing them out.

Philthy,
Time to draw breath, mate. This thread is going over the top and Rusty is losing patience. (I think that's the forum's first red card!) As urged by the aptly-named Burnt Out, let's all get over it and look forward to a new season.

And based on flags since '66, I would imagine the Big Bad 3 would be Upwey (12), Woori (10) and Healesville (6). Shame upon them!

Remove this Banner Ad

Silvan move to EFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back