Simmo's Class Warfare

Remove this Banner Ad

absolutely it does, there are some complete and utter *******s playing league. The jack de belin case was sickening - even if he was innocent of the charge, ‘here’s $50 to keep your mouth shut’ is the mark of an utter c**t.

but league is also a cross section of general society. Has its *******s and it’s good people.

rugby - and trust me half the people playing it may Be able to speak English properly or have a cupboard of nice suits but having played it myself they are simply better at keeping their *******tery out of the news - doesn’t have as many out and out criminals but the fact is as a team and a product, the ARU price themselves out of the game befor it’s even kicked off by virtue of who they will and won’t bring through the system

The fact it doesn't have as many out and out criminals says a lot.

Kinda validates Simmo's point.

It's not even just the player that's the issue. It's often the family they come from causes issues in the background. Shit that football clubs would probably not have to deal with.

Actually I was referencing it due to the basis of being called a 'dunce.' I simply explained that inequality and these issues in our country are my area of expertise, so I probably have more understanding of the rampant structural issues, than idiots like you defending a coach on the basis of not being able to accept that your coach literally classed people on the basis of their upbringing.

Ignored.

Again the reality passes you & that thesis, i.e a statement or theory that is put forward as a premise to be maintained or proved.

You need to ignore for fear of being exposed to real people.

I don’t get why they can’t spend the money. Clubs figure out other ways to get around the cap.
Surely clubs have welfare officers and mentorship et al

it wouldn’t be too hard to scrap together the appropriate support structure for the individual …even the tigers manage to get Choco to babysit Dusty for a few years untill he was settled .

Bloody hell, a guy speaks his mind and people start to lose their sh*t ???

Why would any club want to bring in some nuffie that is going to be a lot of hard work and potentially derail the culture of the place ??

Just take a look at the rugby league players, what a nightmare a lot of them are.

I agree. No team wants troubled players. But when someone starts generalising saying that players of a certain upbringing are worth less than others I have a problem.

I don’t get why they can’t spend the money. Clubs figure out other ways to get around the cap.

Of relevance is the loss of Phil Narkle & Chance Bateman from Simpsons support staff, although the WAFC picked up Narkle. Bateman is in the private sector.
All clubs are making do with less.

The fact it doesn't have as many out and out criminals says a lot.

Kinda validates Simmo's point.

It's not even just the player that's the issue. It's often the family they come from causes issues in the background. sh*t that football clubs would probably not have to deal with.

The culture of the sport alienates a huge section of people who would otherwise be drawn to it before it has even started. Like any demographic that would come with its hurdles and yes, even as a lover of rugby league I can fully acknowledge that it draws some absolute low breeds.

So does union but they are smarter about it I’ll say that much

Just sending a message to the AFL that you better restore the soft cap if you want your share of feelgood stories from West Coast.

Surely clubs have welfare officers and mentorship et al

it wouldn’t be too hard to scrap together the appropriate support structure for the individual …even the tigers manage to get Choco to babysit Dusty for a few years untill he was settled .
And when was this? Pre 2020.

If anything the argument should be for more things to be allowed outside the soft cap. But then all we will hear is howls of "inequality" from some clubs.

I don't agree with his phrasing and hopefully he will correct the record Strange Cat. I'm not a private school kid myself and my parents divorced as well. However there are some players that would and will need more resources devoted to them than others, for a variety of reasons. A lower soft cap puts a big dent in those available resources. This is the actual point he has been making since April 2020 as I have referenced, not "Private school = good" "Public school = bad".

77CDB66D-C4D2-4D6B-B4BA-E145319970AD.jpeg

“More inclined to go safer, you know Mum and dad still married, kids that go to private school. They are much less hassle off field”

How you can’t read that and not see the issue is beyond me, blatant discrimination and class elitism

Who cares if West Coast exceed the soft cap? They have one of the biggest revenue streams in the AFL and if they wanted to help those who need it (from whatever background they are from) they could.

If those arguing that Simmo and WCE care so much, then just exceed the cap and wear the 75% loading. If WCE don’t do that, then those postulating to judge WCE on their actions will - simply WCE care more about money than helping those they can afford to.

View attachment 1184601

“More inclined to go safer, you know Mum and dad still married, kids that go to private school. They are much less hassle off field”

How you can’t read that and not see the issue is beyond me
My post you quoted literally said that I disagreed with the phrasing. Specsavers anyone?

Again the reality passes you & that thesis, i.e a statement or theory that is put forward as a premise to be maintained or proved.

You need to ignore for fear of being exposed to real people.

No I need to ignore for fear of wanting to punch my wall pretending it's your obnoxious face.

You're not a real person, you're just another sheltered individual who thinks that the world is how you see it, and everyone else is just too 'soft.' Inequality doesn't need to be maintained or proved - it exists and people like you are the conduits for policies that exacerbate its effects.

Don't respond to me again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's funny to see people linking private schools to elitism.

In a lot of cases private school kids parents just work harder and sacrifice more than many public school kids parents do.

Plenty of working class people send their kids to private schools.

Plenty of tight arse leeches send their kids to public school.

You defended the comments by saying it isn’t the point he’s trying to make
And this is true, as I have referred to with referencing in other posts. You are choosing to be hung up on the private school comment without reviewing prior commentary on the soft cap issue.

So you think that a kid from a broken home, through no fault of his own, who doesn't have two parents and who didn't go to a private school, is a 'nuffie that is going to be a lot of hard work and derail the culture of the place'?

Is that your contention?

I think he's talking about being far more selective when drafting players by not taking as many risks as they may have in the past.

I have no doubt that there are good people from all walks of life but Simpson wants to take more safe options.

No I need to ignore for fear of wanting to punch my wall pretending it's your obnoxious face.

You're not a real person, you're just another sheltered individual who thinks that the world is how you see it, and everyone else is just too 'soft.' Inequality doesn't need to be maintained or proved - it exists and people like you are the conduits for policies that exacerbate its effects.

Don't respond to me again.
"Unless you agree in every way with my university educated perspective on this issue I'm an indisputable expert in then you don't deserve to have an opinion and I refuse to engage with you.... Anyway here's why this other guy's an elitist."

I think he's talking about being far more selective when drafting players by not taking as many risks as they may have in the past.

I have no doubt that there are good people from all walks of life but Simpson wants to take more safe options.
But that’s the issue you can’t just look at two kids from two different background and based their character just on that …even more when you publicly state that private school kids are less hassle than other kids

It's funny to see people linking private schools to elitism.

In a lot of cases private school kids parents just work harder and sacrifice more than many public school kids parents do.u

Plenty of working class people send their kids to private schools.

Plenty of tight arse leeches send their kids to public school.

Wow, I mean you see this sort of attitude in movies but you don't expect to see it in real life, or outside of a Liberal Party convention. That is just, well it is an awful opinion that is quite mean and cruel.

I agree. No team wants troubled players. But when someone starts generalising saying that players of a certain upbringing are worth less than others I have a problem.

I reckon he is focussing on the screening process first & foremost, some draftees will have a risk element attached and he doesn't want to go down that path, I fail to see the issue.

Other clubs will probably snap up those Simpson passes over with open arms.

He has been making this point about the soft cap for well over 12 months.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/adam-simpson-warns-against-afl-coach-cull-20200415-p54k13.html 15th April 2020
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/01/26/the-carrot-of-afl-not-as-strong-as-it-used-to-be-simpson/ 26th Jan 2021
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/05/18/riolis-plight-has-simpson-concerned-by-soft-cap-cuts/ 18th May 2021

But yes, private schools is the point. Channel 7 must be stoked that they can get dunces like most of the contributors in this thread outraged so easily. The advocation for a high soft cap is so we can devote more resources towards a more diverse player base.

You're the ****ing dunce lmao

"Why aren't people talking about the normal, reasonable thing he said, instead of the ****ed up part that he added at the end?"

Gee whiz mate, have a think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Simmo's Class Warfare

Remove this Banner Ad

Back