pickettline

Team Captain
Feb 3, 2002
Traralgon Vic Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
new york yankees
As a neutral observer of the game one thing that really stood out is the genius of Simon Black.The absolute general on the ground today,he showed all of the other aspirants on the ground how much of a marvel he still is.He might have lost a yard in pace but he is way ahead in the thinking department.
Great players will always be great

Yep. I've written him off far too many times and he just keeps on keeping on. His understanding of the game is as good as anyone playing. That bit where he set McGrath up for the goal, basically instructing him to run to postion while bouncing the ball was brilliant.

Really struggled to hit targets last season: the penetration seemed to have gone out of that left foot.

But today he seemed to have adjusted for that. A few more lofted passes to space rather than stab passes onto the chest.

Exciting for us Lions fans to think he might again have the impact he has in the past.

does he get the 3 votes ahead of rockcliff and adcock?

I'm pretty sure it's written into the umpires' charter that if Black can get three votes, he does get three votes.

But yeah he was BoG today. If Rockliff had kicked 5.3 rather than 3.5 it would have been tight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely brilliant player, but dont see him hitting 350

Those sort of milestones (Even 300) is going to be much rarer with the pace of the game today.

He is 32 and could finish the season around 310ish games barring any injuries.

Always is and has been a Class Act, he is one of my favourite players. A superb player glad he had a great game today. He is the player outside of Swans I love to watch. Very fair and always working.

A lot like Harvey, even with a lack of pace he is just a very intelligent player with a big engine that knows where to go and how to play. Doesn't get the credit he deserves probably due to playing in Brisbane and also being among a group of other greats when Brisbane dominated.

looks like he's adjusted his game to cope with the obvious slow downs, very much like Ryan Giggs has done at Man U. Great to watch guys like him and Fletcher kicking on into their mid 30's.

He was freakish today. His kicking was a highlight in a very unskillful day!

He hardly ever loses his cool and his handballs in close follow the same law of physics as the "magic bullet" that was shot at JFK - you think "I am sure that footy went around a corner"

Probably the best Brisbane player I have seen (and over the last 12 or so years they have had some gems).
Absolute superstar and one of the very best few midfielders in my time watching the game.

As a neutral observer of the game one thing that really stood out is the genius of Simon Black.The absolute general on the ground today,he showed all of the other aspirants on the ground how much of a marvel he still is.He might have lost a yard in pace but he is way ahead in the thinking department.
Great players will always be great

Will be depressing when he finally hangs up the boots, has been an underrated champion for such a long time.

Such a pure footballer and a good guy to boot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Simon Black = marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Back