News Simpson sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Same amount of wins as last year wasn't good enough with a limited injury list. Yes we have list problems. We also have a development issue with our reserves. We will have a new coach, new ceo, new list manager, new strength and conditioning, club doctor and physio. Only the assistant coaches are left in the key areas of the football department since the 2021 debacle began. We will be back. Hopefully Simmo is back in the AFL system soon enough.

Egg heads will dismiss this as irrelevant, but WC are not the same bunch of powerbrokers running the show as a few years ago.

Essendon poaching Vosso for CEO at Tullamarine was a very strategic appointment by our club. We wanted the best.

Eagles have to replace all that experience behind the scenes plus find a coach who can handle the heat of an arduous rebuild period.

You’ve done it before…you’ll do it again. Just give it 4 years or so.

I know it was a throwaway comment in a press conference on what was a stressful day for him, but come on Adam. You're probably walking away with a million bucks from the Eagles.

Some of us are genuinely tightening the financial belt in these troubled times. I doubt we'll see him down at ALDI.
You might. He's now unemployed, and they need shelf stackers.

How bad are things at west coast if the boss sacks a bloke and forgets to tell him he has to work another week?
You’ve read it wrong.

It’s a token gesture usually given to a premiership coach.

He can do one more match ..or not. His decision. Either way it’s irrelevant to the future prospects of WC.

Well, it's not bullshit because the AFL introduced rules for clubs where they only had to pay out 6 months of their remaining contract.

This didn't affect WCE or Freo, because the club's licences aren't owned by the AFL.

Also, that would've triggered the soft cap tax, which is why it would've cost so much.

There was enough reporting on this just last year.
Only if you have to pay Simmo three years worth in one go plus tax. Spread it out across three years with negotiation and you are only paying the new coaches pay above the cap & tax on tax on that.

WC have 50m in the bank anyway.

Only if you have to pay Simmo three years worth in one go plus tax. Spread it out across three years with negotiation and you are only paying the new coaches pay above the cap & tax on tax on that.

WC have 50m in the bank anyway.
Yep. They can just write a cheque and say the Tongala tornado’s merchandise sales paid for half of Simmo’s golden handshake.

The rest is chicken feed to WC.

As petty and trivial as it is, I find myself fascinated in finding out if Simmo's comment in that clip is "you had your say" or "you have to stay" (or something else). The two set rather opposite tones.
I clearly heard “your headband is slay”
30 Rock Fellow Kids GIF by Peacock

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can play with Sam Day

Off to the SUNS!

As petty and trivial as it is, I find myself fascinated in finding out if Simmo's comment in that clip is "you had your say" or "you have to stay" (or something else). The two set rather opposite tones.
As simple as it sounds, to me it looks like he's telling two young blokes likely to leave halfway through a boring press thing that they have to stay, the joke part lost on everyone because of the situation. I've had bosses say similar in staff meetings because they read my mind and saw where I was seated, ready to make an Irish goodbye... but I looked less awkward than Reid did to be fair.

I reckon Pyke should coach for the rest of the season now after seeing how badly the conference looked, also as a cost cutting measure. Film it for a doco too, would be better than The Office.

Rumours on reddit are saying that Simpson was walking past Reid in the staff canteen and said "is that your tray?" Before Reid could answer Simpson took his tray. There were no trays left so Reid had to carry his pie & Big M to the table separately I.e in two trips.

Players made a whatsapp group called "tray thief boss man."

Well, it's not bullshit because the AFL introduced rules for clubs where they only had to pay out 6 months of their remaining contract.

This didn't affect WCE or Freo, because the club's licences aren't owned by the AFL.

Also, that would've triggered the soft cap tax, which is why it would've cost so much.

There was enough reporting on this just last year.
Unless the Eagles are debt ridden or on funds, Simmo's payout is for the rest of his contract terms.

Given the following context;
  • Simmo had a dig at a specific journalist in his presser
  • Simmo had a dig at the broader media in his presser
  • Simmo had a dig/pushed back on Pyke in his presser
Then I don't think it's unfair to say he was clearly in a pretty feisty mood.

If we accept those things as true, then I think on the balance of probabilities... yeah... he was having a dig at Harley Reid here.

But both equally suggest a dumpster fire.

One suggests Harley was vocal in being against the coach and one suggests there's enough second thoughts from Harley that Simpson chose to make a public plea for him to stay at the club or as others have said, that Simpson was having a crack at Harley.

You can see maybe why Ross Lyon had to give his press conference in a random park instead of getting his chance to smash the club in the way out given how it went down. Simpson is a classier man than Ross and he still managed to have a go at a few as he walked out the door (and good on him).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back