Official Team Thread Sin City Swamprats S37 Team Thread - Congratulations Damicky!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm tagged because I'm eligible right?
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to the Swamprats' night of nights, as we celebrate the thrilling qooty season that was season 37. We are only a few moments away from getting underway in our Best and Fairest (named in honour of legendary Swamprats and Bay 13 figure Toots Hibbert) count. There certainly were plenty of highlights, particularly making the grand final, although we fell just short at the final hurdle.

Firstly some housekeeping. If Ant Bear offers to look after your coats, don't trust him. He's known for pawning them off.

Secondly, I'd like to raise a toast to my fellow leadership group members, who have carried a heavy workload in keeping this club running:

philreich - our tireless former skipper who also helps out on the simming committee
okeydoke7 - our media mogul who brings the crackers and hot and spicy dip to selection nights
damicky - our ruckman who drives the drum beat of the club
BloodySwan - our former VC who had to spend some time away from the LG this season but still contributed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry mate. I lost track after the first sentence.
Sounds like me and the missus last night:

Her: You don't listen to a word I say.
Me: What a strange way to start a conversation.

Alright, without further ado.

Round 1 vs West Coast Wonders @ Underground Stadium
Match Report by philreich

The new season started at home against the Wonders, and we could hardly have imagined such an amazing result.

First quarters were our Achilles Heel in S36, it certainly wasn’t the case in this game – we burst out of the blocks with a 9 goal blast, to overwhelm the visitors. The quarter time lead was a healthy 25 points.

¼ time Swamprats 9:2 (56) to Wonders 5:1 (31)

The second quarter wasn’t quite as dominant for our forwards, but we still piled on another 6 goals to 2, to lead by 54 points at the long break.

½ time Swamprats 15:7 (97) to Wonders 7:1 (43)

Barring a choke that only the Roys can produce 😊, the 4 points were safely in our keeping. We lost the third quarter by 4 points, but no real damage done to our stranglehold on the contest.

¾ time Swamprats 19:9 (123) to Wonders 12:2 (74)

The last quarter was pleasing – rather than settling for a comfortable 5 goal win, we went for the jugular with 5 goals to 2, as we ran out impressive 64 point winners. We also finished the round on top of the ladder!!!

Full time Swamprats 24:9 (153) to Wonders 14:5 (89)

Another great statistic is that we had no less than 11 different goal kickers. Maybe S37 would turn out to be our best for a while……….

Goalkickers: Ant Bear (5), okeydoke7 (3), ant555 (3), philreich (3), RPCB (3), BloodySwan (2), jackster83, My Cotchin Rules, Jewelsbon, edgie, damicky

Votes:
Ant Bear (19 votes)
ant555 (14)
BloodySwan (12)
philreich (5)
damicky (5)
jackster83 (4)
GremioPower (1)

The new season started at home against the Wonders, and we could hardly have imagined such an amazing result.

First quarters were our Achilles Heel in S36, it certainly wasn’t the case in this game – we burst out of the blocks with a 9 goal blast, to overwhelm the visitors. The quarter time lead was a healthy 25 points.

The second quarter wasn’t quite as dominant for our forwards, but we still piled on another 6 goals to 2, to lead by 54 points at the long break.

Barring a choke that only the Roys can produce 😊, the 4 points were safely in our keeping. We lost the third quarter by 4 points, but no real damage done to our stranglehold on the contest.

The last quarter was pleasing – rather than settling for a comfortable 5 goal win, we went for the jugular with 5 goals to 2, as we ran out impressive 64 point winners. We also finished the round on top of the ladder!!!

Another great statistic is that we had no less than 11 different goal kickers. Maybe S37 would turn out to be our best for a while……….

Goalkickers: Ant Bear (5), okeydoke7 (3), ant555 (3), philreich (3), RPCB (3), BloodySwan (2), jackster83, My Cotchin Rules, Jewelsbon, edgie, damicky

Votes:
Ant Bear (19 votes)
ant555 (14)
BloodySwan (12)
philreich (5)
damicky (5)
jackster83 (4)
GremioPower (1)
And there it is!

Number 6!

I'd like to thank all who voted for me.

Votes:
Ant Bear (19 votes)
ant555 (14)
BloodySwan (12)
philreich (5)
damicky (5)
jackster83 (4)
GremioPower (1)

Congrats Ant Bear 🥇

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team Thread Sin City Swamprats S37 Team Thread - Congratulations Damicky!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back