Official Team Thread Sin City Swamprats S37 Team Thread - Congratulations Damicky!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 2 vs Mount Buller Demons @ Underground Stadium
Match Report by philreich

We were home again, hoping to consolidate that fantastic first up win. The Dees lost their first game, so they arrived at The Underground, hoping to square the ledger.

Another great first quarter by the Rats – we scored 6 goals to 3, and finished the quarter 20 points up.

¼ time Swamprats 6:3 (39) to Demons 3:1 (19)

We lost the second quarter – thankfully the visitors couldn’t kick straight, or we might have ended the quarter behind on the scoreboard.

½ time Swamprats 9:7 (61) to Demons 7:7 (49)

The premiership quarter was a real shoot out – both teams clearly regarded defence as being an optional extra. When the siren sounded, we were clinging to a 4 point lead, and a thrilling finale beckoned.

¾ time Swamprats 14:9 (93) to Demons 13:11 (89)

The final quarter was indeed a classic, but unfortunately we couldn’t quite hold on. A goal to Jewelsbon in the 20th minute put us 7 points up, but the Dees scored the final 2 goals of the game, and ran out 6 point winners.

Full time Swamprats 18:12 (120) to Demons 19:12 (126)

Goalkickers: Jewelsbon (4), Okeydoke7 (4), ant555 (2), GremioPower (2), BloodySwan (2), My Cotchin Rules, Ant Bear, edgie, damicky

Votes:
BloodySwan (20)
ant555 (15)
damicky (12)
philreich (7)
Jewelsbon (3)
Ant Bear (2)
Rodney Dangerfield (1)

We were home again, hoping to consolidate that fantastic first up win. The Dees lost their first game, so they arrived at The Underground, hoping to square the ledger.

Another great first quarter by the Rats – we scored 6 goals to 3, and finished the quarter 20 points up.

We lost the second quarter – thankfully the visitors couldn’t kick straight, or we might have ended the quarter behind on the scoreboard.

The premiership quarter was a real shoot out – both teams clearly regarded defence as being an optional extra. When the siren sounded, we were clinging to a 4 point lead, and a thrilling finale beckoned.

The final quarter was indeed a classic, but unfortunately we couldn’t quite hold on. A goal to Jewelsbon in the 20th minute put us 7 points up, but the Dees scored the final 2 goals of the game, and ran out 6 point winners.

Goalkickers: Jewelsbon (4), Okeydoke7 (4), ant555 (2), GremioPower (2), BloodySwan (2), My Cotchin Rules, Ant Bear, edgie, damicky

Votes:
BloodySwan (20)
ant555 (15)
damicky (12)
philreich (7)
Jewelsbon (3)
Ant Bear (2)
Rodney Dangerfield (1)
Carn damicky.

Round 3 vs Coney Island Warriors @ Van Cortlandt Park

The heartbreaker against the Demons was still fresh in the memory as we visited Warriorville for our first away game of the season. Back to back losses was NOT an option.

We made a fast start – trouble is, 10 of our 12 scoring shots were points!!! Our accuracy mirrored my golf……….thankfully the Warriors forward line failed to show up.

¼ time Warriors 1:0 (6) to Swamprats 2:10 (22)

Whatever the qoach said at quarter time, it worked, because our kicking for goal magically improved dramatically – 7 straight goals gave us a comfortable 35 point lead at the long break.

½ time Warriors 4:5 (29) to Swamprats 9:10 (64)

The 3rd quarter was about as exciting as a Gumbies v Dragons match thread – the Warriors won it 2:6 to 1:1, but we still had a nice 24 point lead with a quarter to play.

¾ time Warriors 6:11 (47) to Swamprats 10:11 (71)

3 goals each in the last quarter gave us a comfortable 21 point win. BloodySwan and damicky both played blinders, contributing 59 possessions and 4 goals between them.

Full time Warriors 9:16 (70) to Swamprats 13:13 (91)

Goalkickers: My Cotchin Rules (4), GotTheGoodes (2), okeydoke7 (2), damicky (2), ant555, edgie, BloodySwan

Votes:
damicky (18)
BloodySwan (18)
My Cotchin Rules (11)
GotTheGoodes (8)
philreich (3)
Rodney Dangerfield (2)

Round 4 vs Roys FFC @ Renown Park

After back to back home games, we were now on the road for the second straight week. Our recent record against the Roys had been pretty good, so we were confident of a good showing.

It was a fairly even start – we ended the quarter 9 points up.

¼ time Roys 3:4 (22) to Swamprats 2:1 (31)

I’m not sure if Stephen Dank was in our quarter time huddle, but we certainly played the second quarter as if we were on drugs!!! A 9 goal to 2 blast gave us a commanding 53 point half time lead.

½ time Roys 5:4 (34) to Swamprats 14:3 (87)

We kept the foot on the gas in the premiership quarter – the margin had blown out to 70 points, as we turned for home!!!

¾ time Roys 7:7 (49) to Swamprats 19:5 (119)

We eased off slightly in the last, but the result was already decided – we settled for an even 10 goal win. okeydoke7 seems to enjoy playing against the Roys – he bagged a lazy 9 goals!!!

Full time Roys 11:12 (78) to Swamprats 22:6 (138)

Goalkickers: okeydoke7 (9), Quadzilla (3), edgie (3), My Cotchin Rules (2), Jewelsbon (2), damicky (2), Ant Bear

Votes:
Okeydoke7 (19)
damicky (17)
GotTheGoodes (11)
jackster83 (6)
Quadzilla (4)
Ant Bear (2)
philreich (1)

After back to back home games, we were now on the road for the second straight week. Our recent record against the Roys had been pretty good, so we were confident of a good showing.

I’m not sure if Stephen Dank was in our quarter time huddle, but we certainly played the second quarter as if we were on drugs!!! A 9 goal to 2 blast gave us a commanding 53 point half time lead.

We kept the foot on the gas in the premiership quarter – the margin had blown out to 70 points, as we turned for home!!!

We eased off slightly in the last, but the result was already decided – we settled for an even 10 goal win. okeydoke7 seems to enjoy playing against the Roys – he bagged a lazy 9 goals!!!

Goalkickers: okeydoke7 (9), Quadzilla (3), edgie (3), My Cotchin Rules (2), Jewelsbon (2), damicky (2), Ant Bear

Votes:
Okeydoke7 (19)
damick (17)
GotTheGoodes (11)
jackster83 (6)
Quadzilla (4)
Ant Bear (2)
philreich (1)

Is damick my alt?

Votes:
Okeydoke7 (19)
damick (17)
GotTheGoodes (11)
jackster83 (6)
Quadzilla (4)
Ant Bear (2)
philreich (1)
19/20 for 9 goals.

One of these leadership group members will pay for this.

And I GUARANTEE it wasn’t me giving 4 instead of 5 votes.

:p

Votes:
BloodySwan (20)
ant555 (15)
damicky (12)
philreich (7)
Jewelsbon (3)
Ant Bear (2)
Rodney Dangerfield (1)
Rodney Dangerfield got a vote? That's gotta be about as rare as a beez medal vote for a Dragons player in S38.

Round 5 vs East Side Hawks @ Underground Stadium

We returned to The Underground for the first time since round 2, and hopes were high about completing a hat trick of wins. Unfortunately things didn’t quite work out as planned…..

It was a very even start – the visitors ended the quarter with an 8 point lead.

¼ time Swamprats 4:3 (27) to Hawks 5:5 (35)

The second quarter was our best of the day – we added 6 goals to 3, and we went into halftime, enjoying a 10 point lead.

½ time Swamprats 10:5 (65) to Hawks 8:7 (55)

Nobody is quite sure what happened after that, but the Hawks blitzed us in that horrible 3rd quarter, adding 8 goals to our 2. With a quarter to play, we had to somehow overcome a 29 point deficit!!!

¾ time Swamprats 12:6 (78) to Hawks 16:11 (107)

Instead of a comeback, things only got worse in the last quarter – we only added 2 goals, while they piled on another 6. It resulted in a 52 point loss.

Full time Swamprats 14:9 (93) to Hawks 22:13 (145)

Goalkickers: okeydoke7 (3), edgie (2), damicky (2), Ant Bear, GotTheGoodes, My Cotchin Rules, sataris, ant555, Quadzilla, philreich

Votes:
GotTheGoodes (17)
damicky (10)
philreich (8)
BloodySwan (8)
My Cotchin Rules (7)
sataris (5)
Ant Bear (2)
jackster83 (1)

*someone voted incorrectly, which is why the numbers don't add up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 5 vs East Side Hawks @ Underground Stadium

We returned to The Underground for the first time since round 2, and hopes were high about completing a hat trick of wins. Unfortunately things didn’t quite work out as planned…..

It was a very even start – the visitors ended the quarter with an 8 point lead.

¼ time Swamprats 4:3 (27) to Hawks 5:5 (35)

The second quarter was our best of the day – we added 6 goals to 3, and we went into halftime, enjoying a 10 point lead.

½ time Swamprats 10:5 (65) to Hawks 8:7 (55)

Nobody is quite sure what happened after that, but the Hawks blitzed us in that horrible 3rd quarter, adding 8 goals to our 2. With a quarter to play, we had to somehow overcome a 29 point deficit!!!

¾ time Swamprats 12:6 (78) to Hawks 16:11 (107)

Instead of a comeback, things only got worse in the last quarter – we only added 2 goals, while they piled on another 6. It resulted in a 52 point loss.

Full time Swamprats 14:9 (93) to Hawks 22:13 (145)

Goalkickers: okeydoke7 (3), edgie (2), damicky (2), Ant Bear, GotTheGoodes, My Cotchin Rules, sataris, ant555, Quadzilla, philreich

Votes:
GotTheGoodes (17)
damicky (10)
philreich (8)
BloodySwan (8)
My Cotchin Rules (7)
sataris (5)
Ant Bear (2)
jackster83 (1)

*someone voted incorrectly, which is why the numbers don't add up

Swamprats in crisis

Round 6 vs Ophidian Old Boys @ Spotswood Oval
Match Report by damicky

After a heavy loss to the Hawks the previous week, we were looking to bounce back on our road trip to Spotswood

It was all one way traffic to start the game as our opponents piled on the only 4 goals of the opening quarter, we trailed by 23 points at the first break

¼ time Swamprats 0:2 (2) to OOBs 4:1 (25)

We put in a more ratlike performance in the second quarter, with us kicking 6 goals to 2 to take a 1 point lead in to halftime

½ time Swamprats 6:4 (40) to OOBs 6:3 (39)

Neither Team was able to pull away in the Qremiership quarter as we scored 5 goals to 4, our lead was a narrow 4 points at the final break

¾ time Swamprats 11:5 (71) to OOBs 10:7 (67)

With everything to play for, we had the better of a high scoring final quarter with 7 goals to 4 ... a 25 point win for The Rats!

Full time Swamprats 18:8 (116) to OOBs 14:7 (91)

A dominant Ruck performance (23 HOs to 10) helped turn things around after a slow start ... we finished R6 with a 4-2 record.

Goalkickers: okeydoke7 (4), Jewelsbon (3), paraaaa (2), My Cotchin Rules (2), RPCB (2), philreich (2), GremioPower, sataris, GotTheGoodes

Votes:
ant555 (19)
BloodySwan (15)
damicky (14)
GotTheGoodes (8)
paraaaa (2)
okeydoke7 (1)
My Cotchin Rules (1)

Leaderboard after Round 6

S37_R6.png

damicky and BloodySwan have both surged to the top of the leaderboard after six rounds. Nice to see a resurgent Ant Bear up there too.

Round 6 vs Ophidian Old Boys @ Spotswood Oval
Match Report by damicky

After a heavy loss to the Hawks the previous week, we were looking to bounce back on our road trip to Spotswood

It was all one way traffic to start the game as our opponents piled on the only 4 goals of the opening quarter, we trailed by 23 points at the first break

¼ time Swamprats 0:2 (2) to OOBs 4:1 (25)

We put in a more ratlike performance in the second quarter, with us kicking 6 goals to 2 to take a 1 point lead in to halftime

½ time Swamprats 6:4 (40) to OOBs 6:3 (39)

Neither Team was able to pull away in the Qremiership quarter as we scored 5 goals to 4, our lead was a narrow 4 points at the final break

¾ time Swamprats 11:5 (71) to OOBs 10:7 (67)

With everything to play for, we had the better of a high scoring final quarter with 7 goals to 4 ... a 25 point win for The Rats!

Full time Swamprats 18:8 (116) to OOBs 14:7 (91)

A dominant Ruck performance (23 HOs to 10) helped turn things around after a slow start ... we finished R6 with a 4-2 record.

Goalkickers: okeydoke7 (4), Jewelsbon (3), paraaaa (2), My Cotchin Rules (2), RPCB (2), philreich (2), GremioPower, sataris, GotTheGoodes

Votes:
ant555 (19)
BloodySwan (15)
damicky (14)
GotTheGoodes (8)
paraaaa (2)
okeydoke7 (1)
My Cotchin Rules (1)

Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

Milestones Achieved During Season 37

okeydoke7 - 400 SFA games
Power Raid - 250 SFA games
philreich - 250 SFA games
jackster83 - 200 SFA games
sataris - 200 SFA games
paraaaa - 100 SFA games
damicky - 100 SFA games
BloodySwan - 50 SFA games

Milestones Achieved During Season 37

okeydoke7 - 400 SFA games
Power Raid - 250 SFA games
philreich - 250 SFA games
jackster83 - 200 SFA games
sataris - 200 SFA games
paraaaa - 100 SFA games
damicky - 100 SFA games
BloodySwan - 50 SFA games

Standing Ovation Applause GIF by The Maury Show

Round 7 vs Las Vegas Bears @ Underground Stadium
Match Report by damicky

After a come from behind victory over the OOBs the week before, we returned home full of confidence

It was a tight first quarter where both Teams kicked 4 goals, our lead was only 2 points at the first break

¼ time Swamprats 4:5 (29) to Bears 4:3 (27)

The second quarter was one to savour as we blew our opponents away in a 10 goal to one masterclass, our lead blew out to 59 points as we entered halftime

½ time Swamprats 14:10 (94) to Bears 5:5 (35)

The Bears came out of hibernation in the third quarter with 8 goals to 4, they cut our lead back to 34 points at the final break

¾ time Swamprats 18:10 (118) to Bears 13:6 (84)

With both Teams scoring 5 goals in the last quarter, the result was never in doubt ... our winning margin was a comfortable 35 points!

Full time Swamprats 23:11 (149) to Bears 18:6 (114)

23 goals shared among 11 individual Goalkickers set up the win ... we finished R7 with a 5-2 record.

Goalkickers: okeydoke7 (7), RPCB (4), sataris (3), spookism (2), BloodySwan, philreich, paraaaa, GremioPower, Jewelsbon, damicky, GotTheGoodes

Votes:
paraaaa (19)
okeydoke7 (12)
BloodySwan (11)
RPCB (5)
GotTheGoodes (4)
philreich (3)
spookism (3)
HirdsTheWord (2)
damicky (1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team Thread Sin City Swamprats S37 Team Thread - Congratulations Damicky!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back