Official Team Thread Sin City Swamprats - Season Twenty - Finals or Bust

Remove this Banner Ad

Just saw the banner for my 100th, not sure about the slogan

Roses are red
Violets are blue
If shazza won't suck
Mannumpower will do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SO what's the go with the sim of this? When does it happens and where do we see it? Just in the game thread?
yeah it will appear in the match thread later tonight probably around 7pm but again it depends on the simmer and the person posting it.

Swamprats just miss out in classic.

The Sin City Swamprats looked to start this milestone year with a win over the Fighting Furies who themselves wanted to start the season solidly in their search to be the #firsttofive .

In a game that featured an impressive eight rookies between both teams , Swamprat MannumPower lead the charge through the banner in his 100th game in the SweetFA.
Furies started strong, kicking three goals in six minutes. The Swamprats, then woke up and dobbed the next three major to level the scores. A thrilling opening quarter ended with the scores tied after the teams both scored another goal.

The second quarter was an tussle with the Furies and Swamprats going goal for goal until the home team snuck a couple of late goals ending up leading at half time by 10 points by scoring 8.2 (50) to 6.4 (40).

The Swamprats kicked an early goal after the long break before the Furies kicked three goals in the space of two minutes prompting some concern from the Swamprat faithful, while the small band of Furies supporters who had made the trip were going into raptures. The Swamprats then decided to switch on and in the final ten minutes of the quarter they had four different goal scorers to kick 4.2 to 0.0 and the go into the last break with a handy 21 point lead.

An early goal to the Furies kept their hopes up while the Swamprats struggled to keep control of the game. Two mores goals to the Furies left the Furies only 2 points down with 10 minutes still on the clock. A steadying goal for the Swamprats by toxic was quickly overturned by the last minute signing Tarkyn minuites later and the game edged slowly towards the final siren. BILC kicked a goal with three minutes to put the Furies up by four points before Swamprats player AusHorrorStory had a chance to still the game on the siren before ultimately missing with Furies opening the season with a three point victory in a classic start to the season.

Best players for the Furies were peterbuch74 (21 disposals, 8 marks, 2 goals), Shadowman (13 Hitouts, 18 disposals, 1 goal), Gentlemen (24 disposals, 5 tackles), Codym2723 (22 disposals, 8 marks, 1 goal) and This Is Anfield (29 disposals, 3 marks, 2 tackles). BILC and Tarkyn_24 both kicked 3 goals.

Best players for the Swamprats were I Dont Care (29 disposals, 8 tackles, 2 goals), Spookism (30 disposals, 9 marks, 6 tackles, 1 goal) , Millky95 (16 Hit outs, 23 disposals, 1 goal), Quadzilla (24 disposals, 4 marks) and Schulzenfest (19 disposals, 9 marks). toxic , Wingard2Wines and Jonts all kicked 2 goals.

posting s19.jpg

Posting stats - Oh my....

15 posters to kick of the season with 11 in double figures - a great solid start. Let's keep it going for the rest of the season.

Typical stuff from I Dont Care, toxic and Power Raid up the top.

Keep in mind MannumPower , Quadzilla and Close Contest that I stop the counting posts when the first siren sounds. Doesn't mean I don't rate the game time banter you guys added to the thread.

Great to see all rookies in CC, Sublime , FromTheHartland and NSWCROW all make a match thread impact. Welcome aboard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team Thread Sin City Swamprats - Season Twenty - Finals or Bust

Remove this Banner Ad

Back