Toast Slammin' Sammy Kerridge

Remove this Banner Ad

He (Petrenko) has very few offensive qualities as a forward and seeing as forward by definition means offensive, he is always going to be up against it.

Did that make any sense at all? I had a late night.

I think Jeansch, Pets and Matthew Wright could be trade bait at the end of thus season.

I also feel as if Jeansch can not go back to the half back flank and Pets can not come back to the half forward line.

For those calling for Kerridge's head last week, you can see why younger players need to be given a few cosecutive games to see what they do. They will have ups & downs, but as long as they are trending up, we need to persist.

Great to see Kerridge not only apply defensive pressure on their main backline play maker, but he also made the most of his possessions & kicked/set-up some goals,

Petrenko will need to put in some great form to fight his way back into the team ... but it may not be Kerridge he replaces if he gets back.

I think Jeansch, Pets and Matthew Wright could be trade bait at the end of thus season.

I also feel as if Jeansch can not go back to the half back flank and Pets can not come back to the half forward line.
Nah .....not worth anything other than maybe a late 3rd round

Better to keep .....why trade the known for unknown UNLESS you're going to get a min 2nd rounder

He has had a shoulder reconstruction and plantar fasciitis since. Let him get fit and we will see the best of him.

I think Pets could get his spot back - provided he's in smoking hot form.

If this is the start of a change of mindset from our coaching staff where we stopped selecting out of form players, I'll be very happy.

Being dropped isn't a death sentence.

If this is the start of a change of mindset from our coaching staff where we stopped selecting out of form players, I'll be very happy.

Agree - unfortunately we should have started dropping out of form players earlier.

Porplyzia & Mackay should also be in the Petrenko catergory.

The sooner they get back to the SANFL to rediscover some form, the sooner they wil be playing for AFC & making a decent contribution.

Matthew Wright could be trade bait at the end of thus season.

I'm a big fan of this guy, but he has been way down on what we saw from him last year.

Does anyone else think he looks a bit like Brett James in that number 11 jumper? It might be why I like him, but I won't confirm or deny that......

I'm a big fan of this guy, but he has been way down on what we saw from him last year.

Does anyone else think he looks a bit like Brett James in that number 11 jumper? It might be why I like him, but I won't confirm or deny that......

Don't know about James but his downward spiral in form could have a lot to do with his job description. Last year he was a ball winning free running midfielder, this year he is a dour, negative first tagger and then ball winning midfield.

I like him and think, if we sell his 2011 form, could get us a quality pick (25-35) to se one a key defender or ruck.

Tried to change his role and it's ruined him, could not understand why we wanted to change him into a "run with" player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tried to change his role and it's ruined him, could not understand why we wanted to change him into a "run with" player.
I don't think he's been that bad, disposals are down a bit, but I think he's been ok, he's definitely not suited to the role they want him to play though. Just another example of a player they're not utilising the strengths of.

But this could change, now that 'spud' :p Kerridge is in the team and is able to perform that role and Van Berlo is back in the side do he run with role, may allow Wright to go back to his 2011 role.

I don't want to see him traded.

That's a fair comment and I agree with you. But how (or who) can we trade to eat into the second round.

With Crouch coming along, Kerridge, Lyons, and hopefully Grigg - we have a surplus of midfielders who could get us a good pick. And I don't think MacKay would get us a lap dance at Strats, let alone a first round pick.

What strategy would you use to get us a first or second round pick?

You see what I see.. I've said so many times that it looks like Brett James now with the #11 on his back..
Big fan also, he will be back.. Maybe the role needs to be changed..

Yes, should revert to using him as a midfield/forward. Rotate with Thommo, Danger, Sloane, etc.

Petrenko would go alright in a back pocket or a HBF, which is where he played all his footy with WWT before cracking AFL. The Crows have tried to make him a defensive forward, and its not something that comes naturally to him.

I can only remember Petrenko playing for us once in the backlines, and that was only for a quarter back in Craig's days. Petrenko was mopping up clearances right left and centre and looked every bit the part. Neil was having none of that and promptly transferred him out of there at the end of the quarter, never to be tried there again to the best of my memory.

I can only remember Petrenko playing for us once in the backlines, and that was only for a quarter back in Craig's days. Petrenko was mopping up clearances right left and centre and looked every bit the part. Neil was having none of that and promptly transferred him out of there at the end of the quarter, never to be tried there again to the best of my memory.
Interesting. When was this? Who were we playing?

Interesting. When was this? Who were we playing?

That's testing my memory too much, I'm afraid. The two things that I remember about it was how natural Petrenko looked in the backlines collecting plenty of the ball and the other being totally bemused by Neil Craig not leaving him there.

Others here may remember who that little cameo was against.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Slammin' Sammy Kerridge

Remove this Banner Ad

Back