mi_hrvati

Team Captain
Nov 25, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
arsenal, dinamo zagreb
Wow, just wow. What a day at rosehill on saturday. Just wanting to get peoples opinions on who will win, good bets etc.

Personally i think;
Neroli each way. If its wet this could be the best bet of the day. Its a gun horse, and although the typhoon is running neroli will be oh so hard to stop providing the track is worse than dead. Not to mention it won this race last year
Speed Gifted at 5 is great value. Winner of the metrop on heavy ground in the spring and personally think, although he can run it, theseo is better suited over 2000m
Danleigh. Just a gun horse. Very underrated and on a wet track should be very very very hard to hold out

EDIT: I cannot believe MIss Maren opened at 6-1 yesterday....surely dropping back from WFA it will donkeylick that lot in the Easter Cup

Race 3

While you can't ignore Faint Perfume and Moodys form, so you have to include Set For Fame i like a couple of roughies...Indian Ocean is a good horse and has a really good record at the track I've put a couple e/w at 67-1, Absolute Faith is another one at 34-1 that could show up.

Race 4

Typhoon Tracey will smash this lot. I've backed Neroli in every one of it starts but TT is an absolute freak of nature, the $2.30 on offer is awesome.

Race 5

Theseo is a gun and I keep trying to think of reasons it will lose instead of looking at the facts and basically the under achievers it is running against. I've followed Moatize since its Maiden win @ Sale and Bart could suprise again with it. Think it doesnt quite have the sprint to catch Theseo and I think Speed Gifted will flop.

Race 6

Dao Dao is the one to beat here. I like to go with Melbourne Form and it has showed enough its last couple of runs. Walking or Dancing beat home Centenial Park who nearly pinched the win on the weekend last start and at 41-1 is one at odds.

Race 7

Such is my hatred for Gai, I'll be leaving Brightexpectations out, god I hate her arrogance. The Blinkers go on Hitchinbrook and its value shouldn't be overlooked, Brightexpectations got it easy in front last start and it wont be allowed to do that in the Slipper. I've been on Militray Rose every start and I dont see why I should jump off. Chance Bye and Benetau are the other chances IMO.

Race 8

Going to stick with The Comedian...taking freedys word on this one.

Echucaboy, where on earth did u find odds of 6-1 for Miss Maren? I would love a piece of that!

Opened at that on IAS when they first came out yesterday...I should have jumped on board but only got on today at 4.50-1...Have had a multi of Theseo into it into Typhoon Tracey $30 to win $920...think its not a bad bet!

Miss Maren should come into 3-1...

Maggot start backing some winners and putting down some blackbookers and contribute to the punting board. Just to give you the shits I'm going to keep doing it ;)

Edit: I see you were the one who kindly informed me Theseo was 2nd up not first up before its last run....Start contributing some decent stuff and stop filling threads with irrelevant crap, we want winners!

I enjoy the read on here, but I dont see the point in trying to tip people winners. Why would anyone care about random people getting on here and tipping random selections...unless someone gets on here with a whisper from a stable about a first starter or a horse first up then joe blow giving his tips on here means nothing. BTW, I focus my punting on harness racing not gallops, hence if you read the harness racing boards you will notice I do give plenty of posts.

In regards to the Theseo statement, it is relevant stuff. Many people may have changed the way the punted on that race if they realised Theseo was second up and not first up when he won the Chipping Norton.

Don't take offence mate I was just trying to educate.:thumbsu:

I enjoy the read on here, but I dont see the point in trying to tip people winners. Why would anyone care about random people getting on here and tipping random selections...unless someone gets on here with a whisper from a stable about a first starter or a horse first up then joe blow giving his tips on here means nothing. BTW, I focus my punting on harness racing not gallops, hence if you read the harness racing boards you will notice I do give plenty of posts.

In regards to the Theseo statement, it is relevant stuff. Many people may have changed the way the punted on that race if they realised Theseo was second up and not first up when he won the Chipping Norton.

I wish we were friends. You'd be a barrell of laughs.

Sometimes when I'm away, busy at work or out having a drink and want to have a cheeky punt but haven't had time to do my form, the tips on this place can provide a number of opinions on races from people who have done theirs.

On other occasions after having done my form, detailed tips from some posters on this forum can be used to cross-reference some of my thoughts, as they may know about/have seen something in a horse (good or bad) that I may have overlooked.

Interstate tips in here can also provide value since I tend not to follow too much racing outside of Victoria other than group races. With a quick check on the iPhone while coming off the cricket field last year, Nuke, Rizzo & a few others posted a couple of gems in the late-afternoon WA races that allowed me to have some great Saturday nights on the turps.

Definitely not the be all and end all, but no harm done by anyone posting their selections either.

Oh, and I always laugh when my mates call $10 odds "10-1" too ;)

Brilliant card, shame about the rain affected track. Should get to a slow rating given the lack of rain over the past 24 hours.

Tips for those interested

R1 - Sweepstaking
R2 - Sasa
R3 - Faint Perfume
R4 - More Joyous
R5 - Speed Gifted
R6 - Dao Dao
R7 - Hinchinbrook
R8 - Descarado
R9 - Welkom Gold

Should be a terrific day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

race 3: i like small minds at odds can get about $20, last 2 runs in sa ran 1st in a grp2 at 65/1 and then won a grp1 at $32, and it will probably be ignored again

Great days racing @ Rosehill

2- Sasa

3- Valdemoro - only query is the track

4- TT and More Joyous

5 - Speed Gifted

7- Military Rose , Beneteau

Rosehill

1 - 2 More Than Great - back in class/distance, a show if sound
2 - 9 Sasa - could be anything this one
3 - 7 Valdemoro - she has improved since last prep greatly, track the worry
4 - 1 Typhoon Tracy - can she swim?
5 - 1 Theseo - never backed him in my life, but just know he will go close
6 - 3 Snipers Bullet - been waiting for him, think he will run a ripper
7 - 1 Bright Expectations / 14 Elimbari EW
8 - 8 Maluckyday - $12 is great value atm for this
9 - 6 Welkom Gold - flying

Nash looks a moral in the jocks challenge

Caulfield

6 - 1 Light Fantastic
7 - 1 Light Vision

ROSEHILL

Sounds like the track is drying out and we could even see it get into the dead range =| No bets here for me, just going to kick back and enjoy the day.

For the sake of a tip in the Slipper, Hinchinbrook.

Go the Vics! Especially Tracy and HoD :cool: haha.

CAULFIELD

The program doesn't inspire me all that much and tbh I haven't looked too closely at it, but..

Easter Cup - Miss Maren is great value in this class, ticks plenty of boxes, wide draw here for her doesn't faze me much tbh and she's still, between 4.50-5.00 $ mark.

R1 N3 Derisive
A 2yo by Commands making his debut, most interestingly bred being a half brother to Demerit and Evander.
Drawn well, good jockey, winkers and lugging bit on for his debut suggesting they already know a bit about how to get the best out of him and being such a well bred a colt, need him to win. 11-1 looks tempting.
The downside/s(?) are no public trial and whilst being kept safe, there's been no real 'move' for him in the betting. Betting + mounting yard watch.

ASCOT

Race 1

Redhage ($3.50) is the favourite and the obvious here. Bold effort last time after making a move early and still holding Sacred Crown at bay. Drawn better here, easier class same weight, deserves favouritism. Open race outside of that..

Redhage - Torbell - Sacred Crown.

Race 2

Late Night Flight (really good last time), Legend Express and even Saffron Fire should ensure there's a genuine tempo in this.
I'm actually going for an outsider in this - Lunar Module ($31). His runs this time in have been just average, but he's ready to peak now in an easier race, drawn well here to cop a nice smother, on the minimum and the pace in this should suit him.

Lunar Module - Late Night Flight - Vain Strike

Race 3

Lead up to the Karrakatta Plate and it looks as though the fillies are better than the colts so far, so the Karrakatta winner could very well be one here.
I'm a fan of Absolute Pleasure and if she ever draws a decent gate, she has the talent to be up there with the best in the state. From the wide draw over this course, I can't have her though.
Time To Climb ($2.60) is the professional in the field and blew out the cobwebs in a trial the other day - she's done nothing wrong in her career to date and drawn to find the top again..

Time To Climb - Miss Condition - Motion Pictures

Race 4

The Karrakatta lead up for the boys and it's an open race.
Noname City is the one to beat with the race experience, he stuffed it up and lost the race at the start last time - but if he jumps away with them this time and finds the lead....
I'm with Painted ($14) here. Nice trial where he did a few things wrong, he'll be better for this debut run and is drawn awkwardly but with Harvey engaged, I think this guy has a bit of talent and can put in a bold run, before going on to be the colt to beat in the 'Grand Final'.

Painted - Noname City - Richie

Race 5

Marasco ($1.50). Tbh, even that cramped price is probably still value.

Marasco - Tarzi - Star Risca

Race 6

The Oaks lead up and it's an open race, with a bit of speed in the race which should give every runner a chance. Tbh I don't really like these fillies races where they're all jumping sharply in distance, many for the first time.
Impressive Jeuney ($3.60) is arguably the second best filly in the state and put in a great effort last time. From the inside draw, expect her to lead and be tough to run down, she represents the class, has competed well at 2000m+ before and is the one to beat.

Impressive Jeuney - One Cool Queen - Broccoletta

Race 7

Great race. Lots of pace in the race, it'll be no place for the faint-hearted.
I'm a fan of London ($5) and it was hard not to be impressed by him first up. Loves this distance, performs well second up, maps very well (has shown gate speed previously), will put in the big bounds - tough race, but superb value.
FYI, Colour Correct is a last start Railway Stakes placegetter who has shown first up ability before and with the speed in this race, we should see him scorching home.

London - Shock Value - Colour Correct

Race 8

Tough, typically open sprint race, these guys seem to take turns of winning (lol). It's too easy to make this a Field leg for quaddie players :p
Anyway, I'm with Maxximus Dignitas ($17) here. He's been finishing his races off well lately, didn't get much luck in the concluding stages last time, this is easier, races well third up, think this prep he'll be strong at 1200, should be able slide into a cushy spot and carries only 53kg after the claim for Kennedy...

Maxximus Dignitas - On The Warpath - Werd

Best Bet: R7 N1 London ($5)
Best Roughie: R2 N9 Lunar Module ($31)

EAGLE FARM 5th April (Easter Monday)

R8 N1 - Streets Away

Big weight, drawn wide, sharp distance - who cares, he's FINALLY back. Been waiting ages to see him at the races again. The camp has suffered through a few setbacks with him, but they've been patient and I wouldn't think they'd be bringing him back now if he wasn't ready. Loves the wet as well. Could be a player in the Brisbane Carnival.

I won't be on him, but will be watching the return with great interest...

Likely track condition seems a mystery,everyone has an opinion so working on slow at best.

Really think the fillies have the Slipper to themselves in what looks a fairly average year.
Hate to say it but I think Gai has the timing with More Strawberries.
Probably should be unbeaten as has clearly missed the start at both runs & still ran bravely with the form holding up well.
If she's slow out it wont hurt from 14,Ollie will give her the right trip & the clincher is she's bred to absolutely swim,
More Than Ready from a Strawberry Road mare.

Crystal Lily has the right form & wet track pedigree but barrier 1 will probably be a nightmare by then.
Will be risking Military Rose on the slop.

seth

Agree with the above two posts..don't think it's a day you want to be going crazy on anything.

I think the only thing you could possibly back with confidence on Saturday is Danleigh, too many question marks otherwise.

Shame about the conditions. Could turn out a lottery like last year.

But I like these as each way bets:

Black Piranha e/w at $6 (performed well in heavy last Autumn, unlikely to be caught on the inside)

Set for Fame e/w at $6 (not proven in the wet but Zabeels often get through it well I think)

Daffodil e/w at $8.6 (won the AJC Oaks in slow or heavy IIRC)

Prices are from Betfair.

Dont mind King Mufhasa in the George Ryder, finished 3rd in this race last year from barrier 13, gets a better draw this time and is in form

Haven't looked at Ascot in detail yet, but what the heck, I'll pick out the one who stands out for mine...

The 'Miss Andretti' is a hot contest, it's a tough race with some VERY good and/or in-form sprinters. In a race of this nature, there are no sure things... that said, London is an impressive beast and when he winds up, he's devastating. I was on him first up, and he would have taken enormous benefit out of that run (and win!). There's a bit of speed in this and he should get a perfect trail sitting just off them. Boasts an impressive strike rate and is 6/7 at this distance! $5.50 IAS atm looks great value.

London's also 2 for 2 second up...the race is an absolute cracker!

Keen on one of my faves Black Piranha in the George Ryder :thumbsu:

Rosehill

R1- The Mikado- Good win last start, excellent each way value at around 10's.
R2- Zutara- Been very impressive and this looks suitable
R3- Faint Perfume should bounce back, may have a bit e/w on Small Minds.
R4- Typhoon Tracy- best horse in australia. More Joyous obvious danger and wouldnt be surprised to see Montana Flyer run a place.
R5- Going with Speed Gifted here over Theseo, not convinced Theseo is at his best over 2400.
R6- Black Piranha should thrive in the wet here and run pretty well in a fairly open race.
R7-More Strawberries- Very impressive last start and should handle the wet. But once again, the slipper is almost a raffle.
R8- Gathering- Should be now fit enough. I don't have a whole lot of interest in this race though.
R9-Like Dorf Command here but wouldnt be surprised if Bart pulls a swifty on us and Kroner comes good.

Caulfield

Running double of Light Fantastic into Miss Maren would cap off a good day for Mick Price and also myself.

Best of luck for the day guys!

Might only look at having a couple of bets tomorrow, to many great fields.

Rosehill

Race 1 Rarefied3rd $2.80
Race 2 Zutarano result
Race 3 Once Were Wildno result
Race 4 Typhoon Tracy1st $1.50 $1.10
Race 5 Daffodilno result
Race 6 Heart of Dreamsno result
Race 7 Bright Expectationsno result
Race 8 Maluckyday$2.20
Race 9 Altered Boyno result

Caufield
Race 3 Second King$1.60
Race 7 Fanjura$3.50 $1.40

Good Luck every one

Shame about the conditions. Could turn out a lottery like last year.

But I like these as each way bets:

Black Piranha e/w at $6 (performed well in heavy last Autumn, unlikely to be caught on the inside)

Set for Fame e/w at $6 (not proven in the wet but Zabeels often get through it well I think)

Daffodil e/w at $8.6 (won the AJC Oaks in slow or heavy IIRC)

Prices are from Betfair.

rolled gold special

Remove this Banner Ad

Slipper Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back