Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintly_

All Australian
Aug 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Been some chat on North board regarding a trade to get Sloane back to Melb and Cunnington involved.

No idea if true or not, but i suggested that I'd definitely trade Cunnington for Sloane and a late first rounder or pick 20ish.

Been howled down!! Ok.

To me, i'd do that trade in a flash.

So neutrals, would you prefer Cunnington or Sloane and late first round pick?

Adelaide wouldn't be the team having to give up a draft pick...

Cunnington is a good player but Sloane is better.

Adelaide wouldn't be the team having to give up a draft pick...

Cunnington is a good player but Sloane is better.

Yep that's what i think. He's better and North gets a quality pick.

But apparently my brethren think very differently.

I kid, but I think surely even the most one-eyed North supporters would surely rate them around equal, which means throwing in pick 20 for an equal player is just the icing on the cake.

Sloane kicks substantially more goals, even if his pure forward line play isn't as recognised - he kicks goals from the midfield. His attacking stats (I50s, GA) are all over Cunningtons. 3 more tackles a game.

And critically, Sloane's biggest weakness when comparing him to other mids (his consistency), isn't exactly Cunnington's strength either. 9 games with less than 10 kicks for Cunnington in 2017 - even if he's getting handballs, I'd argue that's not great output.

Anyway, seems like I'm preaching to the choir here. Sloane and pick 20 thanks.

What is this garbage?! You think Cunnington is worth Sloane + a late first rounder? If anything it'd be the otherway around, i.e. you'd have to give up Cunnington and a mid first rounder for Sloane.

Maybe best to re-read my OP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a weird poll. Sloane alone is clearly worth more than Cunnington.

North board is unique in that other clubs have their own supporter forums for the crazies to gather. North only has Bigfooty. So it has all the crazies that would otherwise spend time on a North forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back