Certified Legendary Thread Sneaking in to the Grand Final............

Remove this Banner Ad

fake a severe asthma attack near the front of the line. Hopefully they will rush you inside for medical treatment (asthma pump) where you improve dramatically then watch the game.

Take a big bunch of mates and start going absolutely apeshit and try to simultaneously bolt through the gates.
Odds are the gate-person will just back off and concede defeat.

I guess you've got to go into something like that knowing one person will be caught and have to take the fall.

I snuck into the 2003 Grand Final with an MCC worker's pass I paid $50 for, straight in the staff entrance in the old olympic stand, no questions asked.

Unfortunately because I didn't have a ticket I wasn't able to go outside, to the pub or for a smoke, all day, and I entered at 8am!

Shit day in the end anyway.

You could always wear a disguise -

cs134b.jpg

I've never tried this myself but have had friends do it.
If you know someone in the ground get them to set off the fire alarm and then run. Setting off the alarm causes all the doors to unlock very briefly (as required by law). Stand at a fire exit - or any locked door where people can get in - safe distance away from you mate inside, then as soon as the alarm goes off open the door and run in. Then sit back and enjoy the game.

Here's one that may work...

Step 1:
Save up to buy an AFL Silver Membership

Step 2:
Wait about 9 years to become a full member

Step 3:
Get up early on the monday morning before the Grand Final and stand in a queue at your local Ticketmaster

Step 4:
Show the person at your counter your full membership and give her $90 for a ticket

Step 5:
Go to the game at about 1pm on Grand Final Day, scan your ticket and go to your seat.

Take a big bunch of mates and start going absolutely apeshit and try to simultaneously bolt through the gates.
Odds are the gate-person will just back off and concede defeat.

Gold!:thumbsu: Safety in numbers like the Wildebeest migration....so many of them make it past the Lions and crocodiles:cool:
Go to the smokers do and do the Yeats on the attendants collecting passouts clearing the way for all your mates to storm through:thumbsu:

If anyone knew an MCG ground staff official, would it be possible to jump into a wheelie bin outside the ground and than get the ground staff attendant to wheel the bin into the ground. I wouldn't mind a bit of a smell to see my team in a G.F

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone ever wondered if the AFL would make more money ripping up the seats behind each end for the grand final ??? Take out 3-4 bays at each end. Charge $200. and fit heaps more of each teams supporters.

They should look at temporary seating that can be removed for the Grand Final.

Would anyone be opposed to creating more standing room so more members from each side can attend?

Used to get into the Telstra Dome events for free all the time - not sure if it can still be done.

There was gym under the stands. Entrance was next to one of the stairwells from the car park. Used to go to the gym and pack my clothes in my gym bag..then walk out of the gym into the stairwell and get out on another level and walk straight in.

Did it for the Kiss concert, Kostya Tsu fight, Coll V Adelaide night GF in 2003...All started accidentally as an attendant asked me if I wanted a pass out as I left the stair-well after going to the gym one afternoon...thought to myself, "I am here - why not"?

And from that day onwards, I never looked back.:D

I like the parachute idea. Just parachute in and everyone will think you're part of the crappy pre-game entertainment. Either that or make an Andrew Demetriou mask, put on a suit, slip a couple of pillows under your shirt and just walk through any gate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sneaking in to the Grand Final............

Remove this Banner Ad

Back