Certified Legendary Thread Sneaking in to the Grand Final............

Remove this Banner Ad

The good old "they can't catch all of us if we bumrush a gate" being put to good use it seems.

Groups of England fans without tickets forced their way through the Wembley turnstiles before the Euro 2020 final against Italy, multiple eyewitnesses have told the Guardian.

Supporters breached security barriers outside the stadium and squeezed behind ticket-holders to get through the electronic gates that allow entry to the concourses and seats. Eyewitnesses said the numbers may have been in the hundreds. There were unconfirmed reports that hundreds of fans charged a disabled entrance door when it opened.

About two hours before kick-off hundreds of fans were filmed breaching a gate and running up steps towards the stadium. Stewards and police sought to hold supporters back as they pushed through barriers.

The good old "they can't catch all of us if we bumrush a gate" being put to good use it seems.

Apparently, they got the through the first security layer, but not the second. Wembley came out and said no one gained access to actually watch the game.

You’d think for the biggest game in English football for 60 years they’d have tighter security

It’s difficult for security managers of any event to predict when a deranged drunken mob will storm the fence on mass and charge the trenches ..I’m guessing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t they carry pepper spray over in England ? Should of just started spraying like they were putting out a fire

Which would be like poking the hornet nests with sticks. Eventually they would run out of pepper spray and still the zombie hordes would keep coming

Their biggest mistake was having crap fences that are easily push down by a 100 drunken morons.

Barbed wire and attack dogs would be be my choice

You can’t run through fences snared by barbs with dogs biting your legs.

Keeps less courageous hooligans at the back second guessing their opinions too as they watch their braver comrades struggling.

Apparently, they got the through the first security layer, but not the second. Wembley came out and said no one gained access to actually watch the game.
What utter bollocks.

Le Guardian said:
Later [Wembley] admitted “a small group of people” had made into the stadium without tickets. It is still unclear how many.

“It was absolute bedlam inside,” said a fan who would only give her name as Laura. “There were people in our seats and too many people in our row, some must not have had tickets.”

additionally:

Some guy who got in said:
"Every time a disabled entrance was opened there must have been 300 people who got in. And it seemed that every 10 minutes one got yanked open. And that doesn’t count the people who bribed stewards or went behind someone in the turnstiles. I would be shocked if there was less than 5,000 got in without a ticket.”

“Pablo (not his real name), 24, from the Midlands, was one of the administrators of a Telegram chat group of hundreds of ticketless fans who shared tips about getting into Sunday’s final. Hours before the kick-off those who succeeded advised those still outside on where breaches had been made, he said.”

“Pablo set up a Telegram chat of around 200 ticketless fans. He was also a member of separate chat group with 500 members called “the Wembley Jib”, and was aware of two other groups including one with 800 members.”

“Last week images of real tickets were shared on the chat group, which members used to forge in their own names. Pablo and his friends used such fake tickets to get past a first security check at about 5.15pm. He then regularly checked the Telegram chat for updates on where security had been breached.”

All I can say is, Pablo - we salute you.

Can someone here please start up a clandestine “MCG Jib” chat group this September?

Last edited:
I've been watching that video and thinking how easy it would be - they've shown us the model that if there's say, 100 of you, they're not even nabbing 10%. They're getting like 2-3 people.

It also shows that your chance of success kind of depends on your willingness to be an arseh*le. I mean, if you don't care that most of the staff at the MCC wearing the blue and red jackets are 100 years old, and if you don't care that you're storming MCC members who are 100 years old (who've had it way too good for too long!), no one at all would stop you. As soon as you've leapt over the gates and got to the downstairs bar you're golden.

I've been watching that video and thinking how easy it would be - they've shown us the model that if there's say, 100 of you, they're not even nabbing 10%. They're getting like 2-3 people.

It also shows that your chance of success kind of depends on your willingness to be an a-hole. I mean, if you don't care that most of the staff at the MCC wearing the blue and red jackets are 100 years old, and if you don't care that you're storming MCC members who are 100 years old (who've had it way too good for too long!), no one at all would stop you. As soon as you've leapt over the gates and got to the downstairs bar you're golden.

Yes, however, as much as the feral bogan Poms like to call us heathen aussies convicts and generally view us as an inferior sub species of the English race, there’s never been a time in our history where we have stood outside football grounds on mass destroying property and street drinking chanting like a group of wild drunken banchees.
I think once 30 years ago a small group broke down a door at the MCG and piled in..a night game if I remember.

Even the GF Swan St Richmond fans jumping on cars and climbing poles and raiding bottle shops was pretty tame in comparison to the scenes that have been frequent for decades at English football games.

We are a more civilised people and the majority of us can handle our vast alcohol consumption in public fairly well.

The Poms are the real deranged hooligans of the western world and are a disgrace as seen time and time again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sneaking in to the Grand Final............

Remove this Banner Ad

Back