So... a guy got beheaded in front of my office today

Remove this Banner Ad

According to Bolt, he was (for 24 hours)

Bolt derided tolerance of Islam and assumed it was an Islamist extremist on Monday.
On Tuesday he was teeing off at ABC for describing Brevik as a Christian (he is) because his religion should be irrelevant.

Right-wing hypocrasy at its finest.

Smacks of desperation, pathetic apologists. Brevik classed himself a cultural Christian, as he likes Christmas, Easter ect which is exactly how Richard Dawkins classes himself. Is Dawkins now a Christian? Not that it really matters, i fully expect people even some Christians (although not in the name of their religion) will hit back at some point. No way people will cop continually being butchered, bombed, their kids groomed, murdered for pics/vids and so on.

I wont condone violence by either party, and finger pointing certainly doesnt help.

Powell's point was the US would have take responsibility for everything the invasion unleashed, including the sectarian war. That's why Bush 1 didn't go to Baghdad.

Would Al Nusra exist in Syria now with the US invasion of Iraq? No.

The impact of that decision will be felt for decades and the bloodshed will end up costing millions of lives.

I would hazard a guess that it is debateable as to whether Mohammed ever existed either ,but isn't that the basis of both religions ,ie, faith in scriptures written millions of years before any of us were born and our subsequent interpretation of those teachings today .I don't know whether Mohammed existed ,but heres a thing ,in this country we respect your right to believe that he did just as you (muslims) should respect our right to believe in what we want to without any condemnation.

Millions? Think around two thousand would be nearer the mark.

You're spot on, we respect the right to believe in that, but they are still childish and superstitious fairy tales. The truth is as long as people believe in that nonsense, there are always going to be nuts who will commit crimes in the name of it. There will never be no condemnation while these fruitloops have the certainty of an afterlife to look forward to.

Millions? Think around two thousand would be nearer the mark.

You're spot on, we respect the right to believe in that, but they are still childish and superstitious fairy tales. The truth is as long as people believe in that nonsense, there are always going to be nuts who will commit crimes in the name of it. There will never be no condemnation while these fruitloops have the certainty of an afterlife to look forward to.

The after life does not explain the wave of anarchist bombings in the late 19th early 20th century. The pressure cooker bomb full of nuts and bolts was a favourite of theres - there is unbelievable book about that called the Dynamite Club

If this doesn't become an isolated incident and other muslim fanatics think that this is a great idea and wonder why they didn't think of this before and start hacking to death people in our cities going about their every day lives regardless of whether they may be off duty military personel or not ,what do you suggest should happen then? Cop it on the chin ?

The only thing for sure is that most people will be too scared to criticise Islam directly. We mustn't offend anyone after all.

Religious militants have targeted Australian armed forces. The guys who wanted to blow up Holdsworthy.

The civilian forces were perfectly adequate in detecting, preventing and punishing those responsible without the need for you to put your Chuck Morris mask on and guy and spary some rounds around the mosque.

You do er, understand that you are proposing exactly the same as what "they" do?
You do understand that you are saying that what "they" did or may do to members of the military away from the war zone is acceptable

You do understand that you are saying that what "they" did or may do to members of the military away from the war zone is acceptable

I don't like that it happens and I don't want it to happen.

But it is the nature of modern warfare and people need to recognise that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The after life does not explain the wave of anarchist bombings in the late 19th early 20th century. The pressure cooker bomb full of nuts and bolts was a favourite of theres - there is unbelievable book about that called the Dynamite Club
italy and german reds and anarchists in the 60s and 70s. shining path is s america

Smacks of desperation, pathetic apologists. Brevik classed himself a cultural Christian, as he likes Christmas, Easter ect which is exactly how Richard Dawkins classes himself. Is Dawkins now a Christian?

Ok; he was a 'cultural' christian/ white nationalist terrorist then.

Not that it really matters, i fully expect people even some Christians (although not in the name of their religion) will hit back at some point. No way people will cop continually being butchered, bombed, their kids groomed, murdered for pics/vids and so on.

This is exactly what the killer himself was saying to me two days ago.

You get this right?

You do realise that OUR military and the USA's is even more lax with their targetting?

The USA has even ordered assassinations of their own people, for nothing more than being friends with suspected terrorist financiers.

They have routinely targetted civilian gatherings, based on bad intel, and killed civilians just on the off chance that one might be a jihadi.

Anyway, how come Anders brevik isn't a terrorist but two London street thugs are?

He is a ****ing terrorist!

I don't like that it happens and I don't want it to happen.

But it is the nature of modern warfare and people need to recognise that.
But you still have a problem with military members defending themselves in kind but its okay for extremists to do what they like on our soil, maybe we should make it easier for them and line up in neat rows and wait for them.

But you still have a problem with military members defending themselves in kind

Yes, I have a major problem with the Australian Defence Force acting as judge jury and executioner on Australian soil on people they decide off their own bat are "fundies".

Yes I do.

Lets keep making excuses for Muslims guys.

Disenfranchisement. Unemployment. No sense of belonging.

Its all our fault.

We must do more to ensure they dont hate us.

The murderer had a point when he said "I'm sorry women had to see this, but our women in our lands have to see this every day. Remove your government, they don't care about you".

Anglo troops target young men suspected of being military, these guys have done the same. At least they didn't destroy the entire block in order to kill one militant (or in many cases, zero).

When i saw that i immediately thought of the scene in godfather III where Micheal witnessed a raid in cuba by government forces on castros terrorists. Micheal said Castro would win because these people can't be bought, they believe in what they're doing.

So I understand why Cameron jumped on this as hard as he could.

Ok; he was a 'cultural' christian/ white nationalist terrorist then.

What does a white nationalist want exactly? What have they been upto lately, what does Islam core doctrine want, what have they been up to lately.

Look at those filthy EDL white people marching around their own streets. They should show more respect to Muslims that want to chop up their people. You're a disgrace.

This is exactly what the killer himself was saying to me two days ago.

You get this right?

Yeah hit back for liberating Iraq? is he really butchering people in UK streets for Iraq where his people are now in control rather than the dictator? Exactly who are the UK killing there atm?

Or was it Afghanistan your bud was taking to you about? Where most of them want to be free from the Taliban filth, yeah im sure they love being slaughtered and r*ped by the Taliban forever. Taliban good guys, Poms bad guys........ hmmm interesting take on things you have there.

Yes, I have a major problem with the Australian Defence Force acting as judge jury and executioner on Australian soil on people they decide off their own bat are "fundies".

Yes I do.
But if some one attacks me do you expect me to just sit there and take it? In reality I/We wouldn't go after anyone except in self defense surely i'm allowed that? Its more than some of your "fundies" give.

Edit: By the way we have no authority on Australian shores, unless carrying the colours which by law we are allowed to protect, and if the government declares whatever we call martial law.

What does a white nationalist want exactly?

To victimise, discriminate against and persecute non white people.

Look at those filthy EDL white people marching around their own streets. They should show more respect to Muslims that want to chop up their people. You're a disgrace.

Err... who said anyone should be respectful of people who chop people up?

Like I said, I was pissed off that the cops didn't put more rounds into them.

Difference between those guys, and all Muslims I know though.

Just like the EDL and Brevik aren't representative of anything but a fringe core of far right wing loonies (i.e. they don't speak for the mainstream of 'white Christian culture' as you put it), those two clowns the other day aren't representative of anything but the same.

Yeah hit back for liberating Iraq? is he really butchering people in UK streets for Iraq where his people are now in control rather than the dictator? Exactly who are the UK killing there atm?

Or was it Afghanistan your bud was taking to you about? Where most of them want to be free from the Taliban filth, yeah im sure they love being slaughtered and r*ped by the Taliban forever. Taliban good guys, Poms bad guys........ hmmm interesting take on things you have there.

I love how you fear the absurdity of Muslims potentially wanting to 'come over here, take us over, change our way of life and kill us' yet (in the same breath) justify the actual reality which is we are over there, taking them over, changing their way of life and killing them.

Try and look at it from your average Muslims position. This is a crime, but is it any worse than drone strikes on civilians in the Pakistan hills (and far, far worse)?

Remove this Banner Ad

So... a guy got beheaded in front of my office today

Remove this Banner Ad

Back