Autopsy So so so close (Please read OP)

Is it time to move on and lock the thread?

• Yes

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It was ours and we dropped it.

Grundy?
Pendles?
Sidebottom?
Aish?

You gave us nothing.

I'm proud of the club for the year we had, but absolutely shattered.

Exactly. We have played West Coast 3 times & every time our mids have lowered their colours.
Adams can hold his head high. The other mids not so much.

lol at those who were excited for the same three umps from last Friday. They were terrible last week and they were terrible today.

But as I feared, if they were going to win, it was going to be close.

Midfield lowered their colours in a massive way.

Umps were fine, got a few wrong but certainly didn't favour either side.

One of those games that we would have stolen but as usual in the big dance, we don’t. Grundy was good on the ruck but quiet around the ground, Sidey tagged out of it. Their marking prowess won the day quite simply. Although their innacuracy and the howler by the ump in the dying minutes had far too much to do with the result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We just were not good enough to hang on in the end, they worked us out at stoppages, while totally disappointed, still proud that we were two minutes from, not to be. There’s hope for the future.

Bad luck guys, would have been deserved winners had you held on!

Losing in the dying stages is tough, but work hard this pre season and come back stronger next year. Use the pain as motivation to go one step further in 2019 :).

We tried to hold on after qtr time, oh well im proud of em

Don't get many better chances at as flag being 29 points up in the first quarter.

This is where people will say that we will be back, and no doubt we will. But making a GF is hard and we will fall away next year.

The boys played out of their skins for how tired, worn and ****ed their bodies were, the fact the drug ****ed shits of the west needed 3 umps to just scrape over the line is absolutely ****ing shameful. I stopped watching anything but collingwood games since the Essendon drug shit, stuck fat and still loved the sport, but today tastes a shade of shit I didn’t taste in ‘11 ‘03 and ‘02. Knowing that the maggots of shit finally decided the outcome of a grand final has shattered the last goodwill I had for the shambles, corrupt and disgusting organisation known as the AFL. My love of the black and white kept me from walking away completely, but this has finally done it, I can’t even begin to think how I can watch a game and not have “corrupt money grubbing ****stains” constantly echoing in my head. I’m done, will be buying league pass for NBA or putting collingwood membership money in savings instead, not because of the Black and White but because I can’t, in good faith, let even a cent go to the AFL while they continue to be such a rourt pile of miserable crap.

Umpires did just enough at the right times to get the eagles the win.

Aish did nothing. Moore or Reid would’ve been much better in hindsight.

Pendles has lost his touch and should hand captaincy over to Adams.

Goldsack constantly caught behind kennedy. Constantly

Mayne was good, as was De Goey.

Grundy back to tapping to opposition.

Energy from last week just not there for long enough.

Feel so sorry for Bucks. Life is cruel...

Sad :(

Our history seems laden with losses of such nature.

Great effort all season, but at the end they played better for three quaters in reality and we just gutsed it out. Like we have all year.

Just that last little bit more required today.

And sadly it all starts again.
We may not even have a chance like this again.

So close, so far.
Elite sport.

I hate this long walk after a GF loss, up the hill through Yarra Park and through the Fitzroy Gardens. I absolutely hate it.

We were pretty well beaten by the better team. The final score was not a true reflection of the difference.

Thanks for the year Pies. We’ll recover and move on. The experience was invaluable for our young guys.

Thought mihocek was worst on by far. The amount of times he would blindly blaze into the 50 straight into west coast hands...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back