Autopsy So so so close (Please read OP)

Is it time to move on and lock the thread?

• Yes

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the whole reply. We had our chances final quarter. Cox kicks that goal we may have won. If we scrapped that goal when it was down our end with 3/4 mins left it would have almost been ours.

We probably lacked a fair bit of composure turning it over countless times on the wings. We need to work on that!

Any thoughts on whether Murray could have been a good contributor in the GF?

With his faults, I think he would have been the type of player we could have done with. Sure his kicking needs work, however, taking the game on and his unpredictable runs may have been an advantage in getting over their key backs.

I don't buy all this we choked and wobbles crap.
Choking is what Melbourne did against the Eagles.
It's also what the Tuggers did against us - reigning premiers, 22 games straight at the G.
We, (supposedly) hadn't beaten anyone.
Yet we got the Tuggers to shit their pants, (;)) and ran the Eagles close both times in the finals.
We got where 14 other teams wanted to be and nearly hung on.
Hold your head up.

It's also what the Tuggers did against us - reigning premiers, 22 games straight at the G.
Yet we got the Tuggers to shit their pants, (;)) and ran the Eagles close both times in the finals.
Hold your head up.
We didnt choke at all. there was one choke and that was Darling in the last minute. If we somehow kicked a goal that would have been the greatest howler in history

With his faults, I think he would have been the type of player we could have done with. Sure his kicking needs work, however, taking the game on and his unpredictable runs may have been an advantage in getting over their key backs.
GF sprint, maybe.

This is trivial but got up my goat just now as didnt see it b4 .. in the play leading up to the Sheed goal, did my eyes deceive me or did Pendles have the chance to come in from the side of Vardy to make a contest for the mark or did he dart left to get back thinking he wasn’t going to get there in time (who kicked to Ryan then to Sheed). In my view he could’ve/should’ve made that at least a contest ..

Hold your head up.

Choke we did not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. Murray would of shat the bed and costs us 2-3 goals from turnovers. He panics in VFL games

This is trivial but got up my goat just now as didnt see it b4 .. in the play leading up to the Sheed goal, did my eyes deceive me or did Pendles have the chance to come in from the side of Vardy to make a contest for the mark or did he dart left to get back thinking he wasn’t going to get there in time (who kicked to Ryan then to Sheed). In my view he could’ve/should’ve made that at least a contest ..
I couldn’t exactly tell but the vision up high when Sheed marked it showed Pendles was getting back into 50 so you’re possibly right. The one thing I know is that last passage before their goal was littered with errors. Mihocek was on Jetta and as they were going back, Mihocek was actually being held and Jetta almost conceded the possession. McGovern’s mark masked the hold. Everyone’s spoken about De Goey but he should have at least followed McGovern up and made him go back and kick over the mark. Then after Vardy’s mark Ryan pulled in that mark which I’m still not sure how. Then instead of Langdon getting up and minding that mark and possibly allowing players to get back he tried to lie over the ball and waste some seconds but Ryan got it to easily and played on and then not only was Sheed’s free missed he actually took a couple of steps over the mark so that should’ve been play on. I watched bits of AFL 360 and On the Couch and it’s absolutely gutting this loss. So many what if’s at the end but it was all those little things (and that’s only what I could see let alone what else happened) that will not only haunt players for a long time but us supporters as well. I still feel sick to the stomach. I can’t watch any more of that game.

I just watched that passage again.

Not a chance Pendlebury could have got within 2 or 3 metres of what was a clear mark to be taken by Vardy.

Would’ve been a waste trying to get there and did the right thing running the corridor defensively.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I couldn’t exactly tell but the vision up high when Sheed marked it showed Pendles was getting back into 50 so you’re possibly right. The one thing I know is that last passage before their goal was littered with errors. Mihocek was on Jetta and as they were go
I couldn’t exactly tell but the vision up high when Sheed marked it showed Pendles was getting back into 50 so you’re possibly right. The one thing I know is that last passage before their goal was littered with errors. Mihocek was on Jetta and as they were going back, Mihocek was actually being held and Jetta almost conceded the possession. McGovern’s mark masked the hold. Everyone’s spoken about De Goey but he should have at least followed McGovern up and made him go back and kick over the mark. Then after Vardy’s mark Ryan pulled in that mark which I’m still not sure how. Then instead of Langdon getting up and minding that mark and possibly allowing players to get back he tried to lie over the ball and waste some seconds but Ryan got it to easily and played on and then not only was Sheed’s free missed he actually took a couple of steps over the mark so that should’ve been play on. I watched bits of AFL 360 and On the Couch and it’s absolutely gutting this loss. So many what if’s at the end but it was all those little things (and that’s only what I could see let alone what else happened) that will not only haunt players for a long time but us supporters as well. I still feel sick to the stomach. I can’t watch any more of that game.

ing back, Mihocek was actually being held and Jetta almost conceded the possession. McGovern’s mark masked the hold. Everyone’s spoken about De Goey but he should have at least followed McGovern up and made him go back and kick over the mark. Then after Vardy’s mark Ryan pulled in that mark which I’m still not sure how. Then instead of Langdon getting up and minding that mark and possibly allowing players to get back he tried to lie over the ball and waste some seconds but Ryan got it to easily and played on and then not only was Sheed’s free missed he actually took a couple of steps over the mark so that should’ve been play on. I watched bits of AFL 360 and On the Couch and it’s absolutely gutting this loss. So many what if’s at the end but it was all those little things (and that’s only what I could see let alone what else happened) that will not only haunt players for a long time but us supporters as well. I still feel sick to the stomach. I can’t watch any more of that game.
I’m sure the team’s made of the right stuff not to go backwards. But it’s all relative to other team’s improvements. Time for a change of captaincy in my book. Pendles out, Adams in, so long as he promises no more risky kicks in backhalf ...

Hold your head up.
I agree we didn’t choke but there’s always something that keeps going wrong. Somehow losing when most teams wouldn’t. Even in 2010 we needed a draw to win the flag when we were absolutely dominant and if it was any team other than Stkilda we were probably losing that also. Then in 2011 we basically imploded. Malthouse, injuries gambling suspensions. We need at least a couple of flags in a 5-8 year period to put this this tag to bed once and for all. Brave we always are but I want us to be a ruthless dominant powerhouse. Apologies if I’m sounding bitter but I can’t really think about 2019 and the path we’re on at the moment.

I’m sure the team’s made of the right stuff not to go backwards. But it’s all relative to other team’s improvements. Time for a change of captaincy in my book. Pendles out, Adams in, so long as he promises no more risky kicks in backhalf ...
They just showed on on the couch that Adams actually had Thomas breaking into space at the back so he goes 25 metres over the top we’re streaming forward. Adams issue most of the time is decision-making though that kick wasn’t hitting Stephenson anyhow. Agree he’d be a great leader though. As for next year we’re probably playing double-up games against others in top 6 (Richmond / Melbourne and probably WCE) as well as Potentially Eseendon so it will be tougher already for us to finish top 4. If we do we’ll earn it.

My first post post-GF...

Still gutted, can't bring myself to read any articles or watch any videos about the match.

Just can't see the group recovering form this, it hurts a lot, and I'm only a supporter. Cannot imagine how they feel.

My first post post-GF...

Still gutted, can't bring myself to read any articles or watch any videos about the match.

Just can't see the group recovering form this, it hurts a lot, and I'm only a supporter. Cannot imagine how they feel.
Disagree. You're underestimating their resilience. They'll be better after the loss :)

Not a chance Pendlebury could have got within 2 or 3 metres of what was a clear mark to be taken by Vardy.

Would’ve been a waste trying to get there and did the right thing running the corridor defensively.

yeah .. I think you’re right ..

Hold your head up.

A choke is where you have control of the game, and fail to execute.

We were 29 points up. I’d say the only way you can discribe that loss is as a choke. If that was any other club, I’d be saying they choked when it mattered.

How the hell is sheed all on his own at half forward with less than 3 mins on the clock? Someone clearly forgot their assignment and pressed far too fwd based on treloar streaming fwd on the wing and kicking long to Mihochek.

I don’t think you can explain the two losses vs West Coast as anything other than chokes.We should have won both finals games vs West Coast.

We didn’t beat the eagles cause we didn’t step up in the 4th when it mattered. Simple as that. And that long bomb from the kick in that Shuey marked was pure panic “choke” mode.

And before you ban me again, or claim I’m not a Pies man, or sling me what ever insults you got my way - remember since 2014 we are 3-10 in games decided by 6 points or less. There’s a pattern forming yeah??

We fail to close out close games time and time again under Buckley. Simple as that. And I’m not even gonna bring up the red time goals, that has always been the Achilles heal of a Buckley coached side. Actually, let me talk Red time goals - we freely conceded red time goals to wce in 1st, 2nd and 4th qtrs.

Most of the boys played their guts out. No doubt about that. They should extremely proud of their effort. However, Pendlebury and Sidebottom choked massively on the big stage. And that’s not the first time Pendlebury has done that.

Based on Adams’ performance (even with the terrible kick up the middle in the 3rd) I think he deserves the captaincy next year. I can not imagine Maxwell or Tony Shaw putting in such a poor performance as Pendlebury did on Saturday. And that’s 2 too many poor performances from Pendlebury as captain in the finals series. Not good enough.

A choke is where you have control of the game, and fail to execute.

We were 29 points up. I’d say the only way you can discribe that loss is as a choke. If that was any other club, I’d be saying they choked when it mattered.

How the hell is sheed all on his own at half forward with less than 3 mins on the clock? Someone clearly forgot their assignment and pressed far too fwd based on treloar streaming fwd on the wing and kicking long to Mihochek.

I don’t think you can explain the two losses vs West Coast as anything other than chokes.We should have won both finals games vs West Coast.

We didn’t beat the eagles cause we didn’t step up in the 4th when it mattered. Simple as that. And that long bomb from the kick in that Shuey marked was pure panic “choke” mode.

And before you ban me again, or claim I’m not a Pies man, or sling me what ever insults you got my way - remember since 2014 we are 3-10 in games decided by 6 points or less. There’s a pattern forming yeah??

We fail to close out close games time and time again under Buckley. Simple as that. And I’m not even gonna bring up the red time goals, that has always been the Achilles heal of a Buckley coached side. Actually, let me talk Red time goals - we freely conceded red time goals to wce in 1st, 2nd and 4th qtrs.

Most of the boys played their guts out. No doubt about that. They should extremely proud of their effort. However, Pendlebury and Sidebottom choked massively on the big stage. And that’s not the first time Pendlebury has done that.

Based on Adams’ performance (even with the terrible kick up the middle in the 3rd) I think he deserves the captaincy next year. I can not imagine Maxwell or Tony Shaw putting in such a poor performance as Pendlebury did on Saturday. And that’s 2 too many poor performances from Pendlebury as captain in the finals series. Not good enough.
I’d go half half on your argument here. GF i’ll Give you all the points being valid. The week before we jumped out of the blocks and then held it when they came strong in the last.

I can’t say about Pendles value as a Captain internally but on the outside looking in, has been quite soft when it mattered last couple of seasons. But we know great captains don’t always have to take the game by the scruff of the neck and pave out wins.

I’m sure I can remember plenty saying to get rid of Maxy and what a shit captain he was at the time but now it seems he was a great captain and wish he still had him. So who really knows about Pendles.

I would agree with Adams taking the reigns next year though regarding the Shaw type grunt and flying the flag. Just has to pull his head in sometimes as he can let fly (GWS).

Maybe Pendles stepping down and doing just what Pendles does (purely playing the game), will revitalise him.

One way or another, we’ll soon see.

5C0E29AE-B8CC-4EE3-A223-663D7A0E3140.jpeg
So not only do we have to face our loss on Saturday, but have to deal with Eagles Premiership merchandise on our board as well. FML!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back