So the general consensus is that Judd will stay for the next 2 seasons then go back to Victoria?

Remove this Banner Ad

Been reading that in the paper too....

Pretty dissapointing for West Coast and its fans if this is true. Having a captain and best player who doesnt want to be part of the club for the duration of his career. If he doesnt wanna be here in 2 yrs time he may as well just go now so we can get some quality players / draft picks for him while we can.

If winning a brownlow, premiership, club Best and fairest and being captain of a footy club who has blooded you into there side from the draft and who you will prolly recieve life membership, plus a salary of $1million+, and prospects of more premierships to come, isnt enough to stay in WA then something is seriously wrong.

Cousins, Kerr etc have all signed. So why not you Juddy?

• Banned
I say get the most seasons out of Judd as possible so we can limit the amount of years he will be playing for an opposition side.

I really don't want to think about that day.

He is quite injury prone which will only get worse as his body gets older.

Cousins, Kerr etc have all signed. So why not you Juddy?

The one signing that ****s with my head isnt even one of ours.

Pav signed on with....Freo? :confused: He had ample opportunity to gain $$ and success yet signed on.

Im sick of the "end or year" argument but hey its what 4-5 days away, the decision?

We will all know then where his loyalties lie.

SPEAK UP CHRIS. :thumbsu:

I might be wrong, but I can't remember Judd ever saying anything other than he is happy at West Coast and he will discuss his contract at the end of the season.

West Coast have always said they respect this decision and will wait until he is ready.

Everything else is speculation, much of which has been created by Victorian clubs who I feel are trying to up the ante on West Coast to offer him more money and leave less salary cap space available for the second tier players who they can then realistically target.

Carlton are reportedly going to offer $7mil for 5 years.:eek: Get real.

Good way to cripple your club - you'd think they would've learnt after being pantsed by Kouta's contract.

Anything over $1mil per year for any player is mis management on a gross scale.

Good way to cripple your club - you'd think they would've learnt after being pantsed by Kouta's contract.

On the Footy Show, Hutchy 'pulled out' similar figures and both Crawf and Buckley quickly jumped on him with "You just simply can't pay someone a million a year !"

Then followed up with..

"You're just making it all up Hutchy " :)

I might be wrong, but I can't remember Judd ever saying anything other than he is happy at West Coast and he will discuss his contract at the end of the season.

West Coast have always said they respect this decision and will wait until he is ready.

Everything else is speculation, much of which has been created by Victorian clubs who I feel are trying to up the ante on West Coast to offer him more money and leave less salary cap space available for the second tier players who they can then realistically target.

This is exactly it. However, the media hysteria that surrounds him when his contract is up for renewal leaves fans feeling a bit insecure.
He is our captain and I would be shocked if he left.

On the Footy Show, Hutchy 'pulled out' similar figures and both Crawf and Buckley quickly jumped on him with "You just simply can't pay someone a million a year !"

Then followed up with..

"You're just making it all up Hutchy " :)
You can't pay 1 of 42 1/6 of the salary cap. Bucks etc are correct

I think he'll stay.

- I think the reports of him leaving are his manager playing the negotiation game. Get it out there in the media and he's sure to get offered the best the Eagles can offer.

- It would be hard for other clubs to come up with the goods for a trade. They either have to give up a quality A grade player and a tp 5 draft pick, or 2 top quality players, or 2 top 5 draft picks.

- Then the club has to worry about their salary cap and those lost players/picks.

- Judd knows West Coast are still in the premiership window. He won't throw this away lightly.

- I suspect he has an issue with one B.Cousins. I think this (and some questionable culture) is the only reason Judd would be thinking of moving on.

You can't pay 1 of 42 1/6 of the salary cap. Bucks etc are correct

If Judd leaves, and I don't think he will, I hope he rapes the club on the deal.

Do people reporting figures like $7mil over 5 years seriously believe that dribble.

If he doesnt wanna be here in 2 yrs time he may as well just go now so we can get some quality players / draft picks for him while we can.
:thumbsu:

Fact: He willnot stay at WCE for his entire career, unless he does a 760 turnaround on all his comments.

Might as well go now and allow our club to ra*e Carlton for all we can.

Will always respect you Judd but if your heart isn't in the right place mate, please do the right thing and ask to be traded now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anyone thinks Judd needs to use the media etc to inflate his worth they are kidding themselves. Everyone knows how valuable he is no question. IMO he will stay as he has spent his formative years at WC and will be looking at being a 1 club player. We have only ever in our 21 year history lost 1 player we wanted to keep which was Gehrig and lets not forget judge was the coach at the time and we were at the bottom of the ladder.

You have no facts whatsoever. He stated on 6PR "its amazing how quickly your loyaltys change when you are drafted" referring to the constant questions of him going back to Vic to play with Melbourne who he supported as a youngster. Theres a fact Dodgy.

Incorrect.

You are hoping / wishing that is the case.

The reality is that he has always maintained that he will play in Victoria at some stage.

That is fact.

What comments have you heard, other than the one from his manager?

I have heard with my own ears Judd say he'd like to end his career as a one club player. Doesn't mean much until he signs the contract and he may just want to say the correct thing, but he definitely did say it - no wishing or hoping involved.

Where has he said he will end his career in Melbourne?

What comments have you heard, other than the one from his manager?

I have heard with my own ears Judd say he'd like to end his career as a one club player. Doesn't mean much until he signs the contract and he may just want to say the correct thing, but he definitely did say it - no wishing or hoping involved.

Where has he said he will end his career in Melbourne?

Agree :thumbsu: I heard that interview as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

So the general consensus is that Judd will stay for the next 2 seasons then go back to Victoria?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back