Analysis So what did Brisbane change to turn around their player retention issues?

Remove this Banner Ad

Trent Cotchin as off-field mentor helped too. I believe the players said he helped them have the proper mindset in finals and the GF.

Not a coincidence that they never gave up and ground teams down to win like we did in our flags years. In previous years Lions took the lead and choked it most of the time.

I'm sure he has an impact, but they were a kick away from a flag while Cotchin was still technically on Richmond's list. Suspect the turnaround pre-dated the move by some time.

Melbourne essentially being turned into a dump has helped.

It seems like every other person I know wishes they had the money and other life flexibility to move to Queensland.
The CBD itself is a bit shit, the rest of Melbourne is generally pretty good, especially if you have money.

Besides, the players have the money to live wherever they want in Melbourne. If you play for Collingwood, say, you'll live in Collingwood or East Melbourne and walk to training. You're not going to have the life of someone who lives in Bayswater and drives 90 minutes one way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis So what did Brisbane change to turn around their player retention issues?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back