So... what is the situation with Buddy? ***Warning*** Hollow Earth Proponents within

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What ill tidings do you bear?

Figure of speech mate
I have no gossip, my point is that I don't understand how we can be so dismissive of these " rumours" when we don't know the facts ourselves
Is it coz we don't want them to be true ?
I don't want them to be true either but I don't know for sure they aren't
I would love to know where they are coming from as they must have started somewhere, and currently building to a frenzy
I find it very weird that the mainstream media is dead silent on them too, I would have thought Aker's tweet alone would have generated some chatter from the journo's

Just coz we all love the Bud doesn't give me reason to be instantly dismissive

I wish Buddy/Hawthorn would sue everyone who starts a rumour like this, it really does unfairly damage his and our brand :mad:

Thats a real important point, these 'rumours' and the indescretions of the last month have certainly damaged the HFC brand and also the AFL's biggest revenue earner "Budwah'. I don't think the AFL would be impressed with the current rumours with Buddy and other bignames especially given the Libba incident as ultimately this is effecting the AFL's brand.

On another note, I am not a NRL follower, but have players been caught with drugs in the NRL? if yes, what was the punishment? Also, do they have a strike policy.

Big Footy has a comprehensive record of bullshit rumours. It is populated by an increasingly juvenile bunch who take joy in pretending to 'know' things they don't, and fabricating inside word on these things...

This particular one has been repeated every year for at least 4 years. Every year, it's been "Just wait, the story is about to break"...and never has.

If we're dismissive, it's because, historically, 99% of these 'rumours' have been complete bullshit.

If this one turns out to be true, it will be the massive exception to the rule.

I don't know whether to laugh or tell you to piss off?
Let me clear it up.

Buddy's had roughly 135 strikes over the course of his career yet is allowed to keep playing. Thus if Essendon were on his gear their players would be able to have a similar number of strikes and play at the same level as Buddy without being ripped apart by the AFL.

Let me clear it up.

Buddy's had roughly 135 strikes over the course of his career yet is allowed to keep playing. Thus if Essendon were on his gear their players would be able to have a similar number of strikes and play at the same level as Buddy without being ripped apart by the AFL.
Ok let me be clear, piss off.

eldorado
Do you find it strange the silence from the media on Akers tweet?
I do, even if to only say Aker is a goose
Either he has info or he is now liable, either way it's big news in the footy world

Perhaps the media give no credence to what Aker says...

It ain't true, no matter what people think or say. He injured his hammy and has been out for longer than first thought, for whatever reason, he'll be back without any AFL charge or suspension.

eldorado
Either he has info or he is now liable, either way it's big news in the footy world

No, not at all.

If you read Aker's tweet, all he says is "Lots of rumours about Buddy"..or words to that effect

Which means he is just repeating what every one else is saying. At no stage does he claim to have the inside word or truth.

Akermanis is now a pariah, sadly very few find him believable or trustworthy these days outside of the tin hat brigade.
Personally i once felt sorry for him over the Leading Teams@Bulldogs bust up, but now i wouldn't cross the road to piss on him if he was on fire and i've taken the fireman's oath.

No, not at all.

If you read Aker's tweet, all he says is "Lots of rumours about Buddy"..or words to that effect

Which means he is just repeating what every one else is saying. At no stage does he claim to have the inside word or truth.

Pretty inflammatory tweet all the same
Stephanie Rice tweets a bikini shot and it's big news, aker tweets drugs about footys biggest name and there is nothing
I find that strange mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we're all jumping at shadows, to be honest...

The saying used to be 'where's there's smoke, there's fire"

I think the internet and the saturation of football mass media has put an end to that. Now, you'll just get lots of smoke, time and time again...

If you're feeling uneasy purely because you think there should somehow be 'more' talk, or 'less' talk, you're jumping at shadows unnecessarily. Wait for something official, or you'll go mad interpreting omens and signs...

And besides..it's Aker!!! No-one pays any heed whatsoever to his contrived attention seeking

Pretty inflammatory tweet all the same
Stephanie Rice tweets a bikini shot and it's big news, aker tweets drugs about footys biggest name and there is nothing
I find that strange mate

So, defaming a footballer is the same as a swimmer posting a bikini phoot of herself on Facebook?

I find it strange that you keep posting on this topic, suggesting that the story is true.

Is your name Damian Barrett?

Well the video promo on the official Hawthorn app for the iPad about bringing a "buddy" to the game on Sunday shows Clarko saying he's bringing a buddy along and the big fella steps into shot.

Fair indication he's ready to go.

eldorado

Don't find it unusal at all when you consider Akers history and the fact that most of his tweets about football related 'rumors' are incorrect and that he has previously been sued for expressing his opinion on drugs and football players.

The media didn't comment about akers tweet on dalhaus either, or his comment on tom taking the blame for someone else. In other words the media obviously do not rate his opinion whatsoever.

So, defaming a footballer is the same as a swimmer posting a bikini phoot of herself on Facebook?

I find it strange that you keep posting on this topic, suggesting that the story is true.

Is your name Damian Barrett?

I'm posting on the topic the same as you mate
It's big news
Don't want to read, don't read

People stopped listening to Akermanis a long time ago. He earned no respect at the Bulldogs. He was generally disliked at the Lions, despite his contributions on the field. And every time he opens his mouth it's to attract attention, not to say anything of value. So, he'd be among the last people the media would listen to. It's a shame he's such a joke, because in his personal life he seems to deserve at least some respect.

As for Buddy, once the gunshot wound heals, he'll be as good as new.

I love it how we all say the rumours are bullshit yet we don't really know for sure ourselves!

I hate to be the bearer of ill tidings....

Why not just accept he's been injured?

It's big news

This is the thing, it's NOT big news by any definition of the word.

It's an exercise in hysteria, the power of the internet, the human nature to believe in cover-ups and conspiracies, and any other number of 21st century diversions that don't warrant serious consideration by rational adults.

It's Chinese whispers on steroids, not news...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back