So... what is the situation with Buddy? ***Warning*** Hollow Earth Proponents within

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah well i am his drug dealer and he has reached his credit limit and now i can't reach him to get my money, if i don't hear from him by tomorrow, i will have to send my heavies around

Make sure you send some hired goons ...

This reminds me.... on my way to work this morning I overtook a car with no tail-lights, but a passenger in the back seat who was lighting up a crack pipe.
Tail lights or crack....life's choices can sometime be too hard.

I knew I should have gone the darker tint on the windows.

A 5 week injury for what was initially called a minor hamstring is a joke. What is really going on?
I don't think the rumours are true but just tell us what is wrong with our superstar HFC, and at the very least tell us a believable lie. If he misses this week the rumour only becomes louder.

Th
A 5 week injury for what was initially called a minor hamstring is a joke. What is really going on?
I don't think the rumours are true but just tell us what is wrong with our superstar HFC, and at the very least tell us a believable lie. If he misses this week the rumour only becomes louder.

They have explained it clearly. He had a strain to the hamstring near the musculotendinous junction (which makes it a bit more complicated and slower to heal). They were set to play him last week but at the end of the last session last week the big fella ruled himself out because it didn't feel 100%. He is expected to play this week.

Do some research and stop believing all the rubbish posted on internet forums and you might just learn something. BTW 5 weeks is not excessive for a hamstring injury of this type.

They have explained it clearly. He had a strain to the hamstring near the musculotendinous junction (which makes it a bit more complicated and slower to heal).

That is the first I have heard this, do you have a link to confirm what your saying?

Th

They have explained it clearly. He had a strain to the hamstring near the musculotendinous junction (which makes it a bit more complicated and slower to heal). They were set to play him last week but at the end of the last session last week the big fella ruled himself out because it didn't feel 100%. He is expected to play this week.

Do some research and stop believing all the rubbish posted on internet forums and you might just learn something. BTW 5 weeks is not excessive for a hamstring injury of this type.

Not everything is true IMO here but he will play this week I agree.

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4742/newsid/140968/default.aspx

"Hawks forward Lance Franklin underwent scans this morning which have revealed some minor bleeding in his left hamstring that will see him sidelined for up to three weeks" 9 July

Nothing stated re a strain? what is your source re " strain to the hamstring near the musculotendinous junction"

Not sure internet research is going to solve the puzzle as to why Buddy has not played since Round 15....but I feel the wait is over.

That is the first I have heard this, do you have a link to confirm what your saying?

Was in the herald sun, they were quoting Evans. Don't have a link unfortunately read it while having my lunch yesterday. Think it may also be on the Hawks website??

I also work in the sports medicine field so I do have some idea of healing times/medical terminology etc. I understand that someone who has no experience in this field cannot be expected to know some of these details.
FWIW a lot of people on here have no idea how much work goes on to get these guys up and that some hamstring injuries can be ridiculously complicated, they are not as straight forward as they seem. 5 weeks for a tendon related hamstring injury is actually pretty good going. Probably the only mistake Evans made was calling it "minor" but I am sure it initially presented that way, it was only after getting a scan done that they realised there was more to it.

Not everything is true IMO here but he will play this week I agree.

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4742/newsid/140968/default.aspx

"Hawks forward Lance Franklin underwent scans this morning which have revealed some minor bleeding in his left hamstring that will see him sidelined for up to three weeks" 9 July

Nothing stated re a strain? what is your source re " strain to the hamstring near the musculotendinous junction"

Not sure internet research is going to solve the puzzle as to why Buddy has not played since Round 15....but I feel the wait is over.

Try this one (if it works)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/mor...r-to-be-assessed/story-e6frf9jf-1226448947185

sorry to intrude but i doubt any journo would report it until it is fact, thus why nothing has been written about it, because if reported and not true, that journo (whoever it may be) would be in a lot of strife. just a thought. even so doubt he has actually got 3 strikes

I agree with this statement and the same applies to rumours of other high profile players. They would not report this 'rumour' until it is fact, given the sensitivity and legal implications, however, these days most of the shit that is written by journalists is based on rumour or innuendo, there is no credibility left in football journalism imo. Don't worry about intruding bud. The rumours are false or that particular rumour.

I agree with this statement and the same applies to rumours of other high profile players. They would not report this 'rumour' until it is fact, given the sensitivity and legal implications, however, these days most of the shit that is written by journalists is based on rumour or innuendo, there is no credibility left in football journalism imo. Don't worry about intruding bud. The rumours are false or that particular rumour.
i don't doubt its false or it would have leaked somewhere by now, i would hate to see such an entertaining player be suspended for a large period of time (despite how lethal he is in your fwd line, and knowing how he can win a game himself)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And they're equally false on the leadership group imposed sanction effectively topping up the hammy injury to 5 weeks. Both rumours are just that: baseless rumours. Been doing the rounds since week 1.

i don't doubt its false or it would have leaked somewhere by now, i would hate to see such an entertaining player be suspended for a large period of time (despite how lethal he is in your fwd line, and knowing how he can win a game himself)

Presupposing the chatter re an alleged third strike was correct on one of the game's biggest stars, I wouldn't want to be the media agency who broke the story without the AFL in my corner. This sort of story would be extremely harmful to the AFL brand and they would want to manage the flow of information very carefully. Go rogue on them and it would be suicide.

That is my point bro, it is false.
As to Grizz alluding to a leadership group imposed suspension....first I have heard of that....was that referred to in this thread...I may have missed that?

It was put forward as a theory early in the thread.

There are other variations too, but the basic form follows the same pattern: "it was a supposedly a minor injury, he's never injured it before, therefore it should only be 2-3 weeks. So why is he out for 5 weeks? That's an extra 2-3 weeks! Why?"

Logically, you'd say it's something medical. But those extra weeks have been like dotted lines which are asking people to throw commonsense out the window and inviting them to colour in the blanks. Eg. Drugs, Gone to LA, Club suspension etc etc.

Seriously time to stop this rumour crap and tell the truth.

I have known all along as to why Buddy is missing and 468 posts later I will tell you the truth.

Buddy is at Christmas Island after hooking up with a Sri Lankan girl. He is catching a boat home and will be back by the weekend....lucky our game is at 4.40 on Sunday night!:thumbsu:

Here is the evidence - can you see buddy?

233325-asylum-seekers.jpg

a remark of that stature would never be written about unless official, lets not think otherwise pal
Presupposing the chatter re an alleged third strike was correct on one of the game's biggest stars, I wouldn't want to be the media agency who broke the story without the AFL in my corner. This sort of story would be extremely harmful to the AFL brand and they would want to manage the flow of information very carefully. Go rogue on them and it would be suicide.
That might be true of much of the mainstream media but someone on the fringes like Grant Thomas would be quite happy to go rogue.

While I would love a little more clarity on injuries that go for more than three weeks from our club... seriously we are down to these rumours??? o_O
Relax people.

Though for arguments sake, re. media containment, it would run somewhere. While journalism seems to be a dying art, somebody would get the story out. It'd be a name maker, or breaker.

This (the media's relationship with the AFL) really gives the rumour mongers more darkness to hide in. The Cousins situation (perpetual rumours and the strangeness of never failing an AFL drug test) and then his final unravelling gives anyone how has ever said "where there's smoke there's fire" justification to make conclusions based on bar room chit chat.

Really frustrates me.

Hey! I'm open to the hollow earth theory! :)
Buddy has been on holidays in Shamballah, anyone with half a brain knows that:

Hollow_Earth.jpg

And they're equally false on the leadership group imposed sanction effectively topping up the hammy injury to 5 weeks. Both rumours are just that: baseless rumours. Been doing the rounds since week 1.

How could they be doing the rounds since week 1 when his speeding fine incident didn't happy until the Thursday before the Pies game?

Im confused...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back