So who are we going for in the Grand Final ?

Who are we going for in the 2021 Grand Final ?

• The Bulldogs

• The Dees

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry....what??

A loss wouldn't be too bad?? Your team may not make a GF again for many decades, you should be bitterly disappointed with a loss!!

Go Dogs!

A slightly odd comment. Considering Melbourne came 17th and 9th the last 2 seasons making the GF is a great achievement, let alone favourites. If the dogs win, then they were either too good on the day or the umps got involved. Anything can happen. Melbourne still has a young list and should still be able to have a crack at the flag in the next few years. Obviously the dogs are young as well considering the Ugle-Hagan gift and more father sons that keep heading their way. So I expect both to be top 4 teams in the next few years.

The bloody AFL changing the NGA rules and not allowing us Mac Andrew is just typical of the AFL even though Mac Andrews situation is completely different to the norm and should give us rights to him.

Melbourne.
Was fun seeing Swans break a seven decade drought and Dogs a six decade drought but Melbourne were at one point, the most powerful club in league and were on 12 premierships so long ago before nearly all of us were born. Would be kind of fun to see them re-invent themselves as a modern day powerful club when they been a shit club for most of my life. The oldest club in league, and in fact the game. Would be a special moment to witness. I cannot think of a person in football I admire more than Ron Barassi. Be awesome to see his old club that he and his Dad played at win their first premiership since he left there. Never seen a Melbourne flag. I am intrigued to see how it will feel as a football fan. Also to see the diehard Melbourne fans that been following them since they were a kid and finding it hard to believe they would ever win a flag again would be good to see those fans experience something special after four decades or more of following them. Melbourne were so shit when I first started following footy, I did not even see them make finals for over 10 years. They experienced the horrid 1987 preliminary final experience and the only two grand finals they made in my lifetime they got smashed and never really were in it. Finally they are in one and a genuine contender. Bring on a special moment in football history.

I think he was referring to the staging trio of weightman, Macrae and hunter no? Otherwise, a great footy team that I used to like.
No objection to Sideshow Benny, Oliver and Spargo staging? ok
All the best to Melbourne - well most of it, just not quite enough.

A slightly odd comment. Considering Melbourne came 17th and 9th the last 2 seasons making the GF is a great achievement, let alone favourites. If the dogs win, then they were either too good on the day or the umps got involved. Anything can happen. Melbourne still has a young list and should still be able to have a crack at the flag in the next few years. Obviously the dogs are young as well considering the Ugle-Hagan gift and more father sons that keep heading their way. So I expect both to be top 4 teams in the next few years.

The bloody AFL changing the NGA rules and not allowing us Mac Andrew is just typical of the AFL even though Mac Andrews situation is completely different to the norm and should give us rights to him.
I think you misunderstood me.
The poster was saying that his team losing a GF wouldn't be too bad.
I disagree completely.
It can be many years between grand finals.

Dees

When Richmond won in 2017 Steven May was in the rooms crying because his best mate Prestia won a flag would be nice to see him win one

Oh and obviously Gawn and trac

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No objection to Sideshow Benny, Oliver and Spargo staging? ok
All the best to Melbourne - well most of it, just not quite enough.
Benny’s flopping has been shithouse this year. It’s barely in his game at all. It’s a bit disappointing tbh, he’s actually earned his goals.

Dees, they play TOTAL FOOTBALL.
I like to watch.

I hope they don't suffer a Cruyff - like curse. Please, no.

This must be the first Grand Final in years where I’m not really barracking for one or the other.

Would be nice if it is a highly skilled game by both sides, but I just want to see good skills from at least one team.

A bulldogs win opens up an opportunity to partake in a little trolling, which can never be seen as a negative. They also have more 'hype' players like the Flea.

On the other hand a Melbourne win with their form line across the year and media narrative backing them up would be the least energy intensive outcome for true neutrals. Just acknowledge the drought breaking, Nathan Jones, and then go back into hibernation scot free for season 2022.

Melbourne for me.

- Can’t help but get behind Neale Daniher
- I am fundamentally against the finals bye that have increased the Bulldogs chance significantly imo
- Dogs have already won one recently.

Remove this Banner Ad

So who are we going for in the Grand Final ?

Back