Coach So you want Voss gone? Who will replace him and why would they want to coach Carlton?

Here are a few assistant coaches going around at the moment. Plus a few others. What do you think?

• Scott Burns (Crows)

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Blake Caracella (ESS)

Votes: 20 10.8%
  • Justin Leppitsch (Filth)

Votes: 13 7.0%
  • Josh Fraser (Filth)

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Josh Carr (Port)

Votes: 14 7.5%
  • Brendon Lade (Dogs)

• Kade Simpson (Hawks)

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Nigel Lappin (Geelong)

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • Dean Cox (Swans)

• Adam Yze ( Melb)

• Don Pyke

Votes: 44 23.7%
  • Chocco Williams

Votes: 17 9.1%
  • Nathan Buckley

• Ken Hinkley

Votes: 18 9.7%
  • Adam Simpson

Votes: 15 8.1%
  • Stuart Dew

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Leon Cameron

• Brett Ratten

Votes: 24 12.9%
  • Damien Hardwick

Votes: 40 21.5%
  • John Worsfold

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Paul Roos

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Brent Momgomery

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Two consecutive finals series, the last cruelled by injury.
Let's replace him for an unknown because his game plan is outdated apparently.
If we were to replace it would be Longmire all day long and he would do it because we have potentially a primed list for next year with tweakage this off season and good luck during it.

Two consecutive finals series, the last cruelled by injury.
Let's replace him for an unknown because his game plan is outdated apparently.
If we were to replace it would be Longmire all day long and he would do it because we have potentially a primed list for next year with tweakage this off season and good luck during it.
Longmire wont do it.

My intel is he is retiring end of 2025, so Cox can take over.

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Longmire wont do it.

My intel is he is retiring end of 2025, so Cox can take over.

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk
Understood, I have assumed this was a hypothetical thread and best coach for us would be Longmire hypothetically. Real world scenario, no clue I have no insights into any coaching panels bar the results driven profiles of the current senior coaches but if I can’t have Longmire I’d probably try and poach kingsley.

I don’t want Voss gone. Would do more damage than good. I want him to learn and adapt

I am very disappointed we are going into 2025 with same coaching group again. We need some changes and fresh ideas

Cookie is a master of these situations. I think this could be his greatest moment if he can get everyone on the same page. He fixed Geelong when this exact moment arose!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t want Voss gone. Would do more damage than good. I want him to learn and adapt

I am very disappointed we are going into 2025 with same coaching group again. We need some changes and fresh ideas
Yes one thing the group showed at the end of it all is an unwillingness to change things up. Can't imagine why that would change next year if it's the same group.

doubtful Voss can change from here on in…

He’s had 5-6 years at brissie and a further 10 years under Hinkley.

If he doesn’t know the caper by now he is unlikely to in the future.

It was the wrong decision to hire him but unfortunately our choices were very limited.

doubtful Voss can change from here on in…

He’s had 5-6 years at brissie and a further 10 years under Hinkley.

If he doesn’t know the caper by now he is unlikely to in the future.

It was the wrong decision to hire him but unfortunately our choices were very limited.

Disagree...

Everyone has the ability to change when the blow torch is applied. Cookie knows how to man manage better than anyone in the league.

I have faith that Cook gets it done and from what I hear he has already started. This has to be sorted by mid-October, complete buy in by then...

I don't mind if Voss stays.
But I would love us to become a more modern organisation where the head coach is really the manager of a team of coaches, and a relationship manager with the players.
But this depends one whether Voss is willing to delegate and take on that role.

This is exactly what Fly does at the Pies, he is a people manager and a conduit between the strategists and the players. A great communicator, but not really the brains of the operation. Leppa and Bolton were the minds behind the gameplan. The wheels began to fall off this year when Wright left and those two had to take on more roles, and also began competing for higher jobs.

Would love to get some modern strategic minds into the mix. Stevie J has always had huge wraps on his football IQ, Phil Davis is another who I would be asking questions of.
Luke Power needs to be moved from the VFL team to the main team.
But all this is dependent on whether Voss is willing to acknowledge his deficiencies and play to his strengths.

I thought he, and the club were well aware of this blind spot of his (tactics & gameplan). It's why he lost his job at Brisbane & why he struggled to get a gig since then.

If he's gone away from delegating & trying to manage the whole thing himself then that's just terrible self-awareness from him, and poor accountability from those he supposedly reports to.

Disagree...

Everyone has the ability to change when the blow torch is applied. Cookie knows how to man manage better than anyone in the league.

I have faith that Cook gets it done and from what I hear he has already started. This has to be sorted by mid-October, complete buy in by then...
Would be good. 👍

Disagree...

My concern with Cook is that he might be partially checked out.

He took the job mainly because of the monetary offer (his own admission) and he's finishing up end of next year.

I've seen some of the best operators around succumb to checking out when there's a finish date, it's almost the single most unavoidable habit when it comes to employment.

I really hope he is as driven as ever, but it concerns me.

He took the job mainly because of the monetary offer (his own admission) and he's finishing up end of next year.

I've seen some of the best operators around succumb to checking out when there's a finish date, it's almost the single most unavoidable habit when it comes to employment.

I believe he took the loss, let's say not well. Not so much as it wasn't expected (never confident, named the new head of performance early), but more about it being on 'his watch'. Pretty sure the exit interviews were delayed until today because he had some 'things to sort out'...

In the article the other day, he said he was going to retire and take the consultancy role at the Cats, but a mate of his told him you're a long time retired and can't see Cook waking up every morning with nothing to do so he reconsidered. And probably the money was good too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach So you want Voss gone? Who will replace him and why would they want to coach Carlton?

Back