Team Captain
Suspended
Aug 22, 2007
G-Town
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Qld Roar, Titans
this is in reference to the $2.32 thread..

If everyone is contributing $2.32, the how's about you north supporters stick your hands in your own pockets, stop asking for handouts from other supporters and make up for the money you want from everyone else. So, instead of each north supporter contributing $2.32, why not contribute something around $150 a year so keep ya club afloat. . . that equates to $3,000,000 assumign North has 20,000 supporters. Thats double the afl's 1.5 mil! Go buy a membership and you've spend $300 a year to keep YOUR CLUB afloat! Thats 82c a day! now, surely you north supporters can spare this? Its loose change... Hang on, or is that too much? Or do you want everyone else to keep you afloat? Stop looking to everyone else for answers, the other 15 clubs have their own problems, without having to save your club. Its not that we dont care, its just that we dont give a $hit about your 138 year history, because clearly YOU ROOS SUPPORTERS dont care enough to buy a ticket, so why the hell should we!

I rattled tins when my club needed me to. Go do the same you over proud dills.

Too proud to relocate
Not too proud to live off handouts

Go Figure

this is in reference to the $2.32 thread..

If everyone is contributing $2.32, the how's about you north supporters stick your hands in your own pockets, stop asking for handouts from other supporters and make up for the money you want from everyone else. So, instead of each north supporter contributing $2.32, why not contribute something around $150 a year so keep ya club afloat. . . that equates to $3,000,000 assumign North has 20,000 supporters. Thats double the afl's 1.5 mil! Go buy a membership and you've spend $300 a year to keep YOUR CLUB afloat! Thats 82c a day! now, surely you north supporters can spare this? Its loose change... Hang on, or is that too much? Or do you want everyone else to keep you afloat? Stop looking to everyone else for answers, the other 15 clubs have their own problems, without having to save your club. Its not that we dont care, its just that we dont give a $hit about your 138 year history, because clearly YOU ROOS SUPPORTERS dont care enough to buy a ticket, so why the hell should we!

I rattled tins when my club needed me to. Go do the same you over proud dills.

Too proud to relocate
Not too proud to live off handouts

Go Figure

Mate, go to our board and you should see over 100 threads of this crap. Don't question our ability to save our club. This is the same crap some doggie supporter said on sen today.

We have already saved 17k, yep 17k in 2 weeks off 120 people. Thats right a 120 people. That's about $142 each.

We have made plans like this which are currently being sent in to the club in bulks thanks to Lidge.

We know what we have to do and it is working.

Like i mentioned on our board, if 7500 members paid $50 a month for the whole year we would break even. $4.5 mill debt gone in one go. It is currently being organised.

If every Roos fan put in $20 - that would eradicate their debt.

Its fine to eradicate debt but you need to build profitability. If the AFL do take away the CBF then in 5 years time (3 years after no CBF) then you will be in exactly the same position - the equivalent of losing 1.5m per annum for three years to compensate for CBF.

The Kangaroos need constant revenue far more than they need their debt paid off. Profits are more important than debt. Debt is only an issue when you can't make money or your profits are too small to meet repayments.

Its fine to eradicate debt but you need to build profitability. If the AFL do take away the CBF then in 5 years time (3 years after no CBF) then you will be in exactly the same position - the equivalent of losing 1.5m per annum for three years to compensate for CBF.

The Kangaroos need constant revenue far more than they need their debt paid off. Profits are more important than debt. Debt is only an issue when you can't make money or your profits are too small to meet repayments.

And that is what exactly we are planning on. That is what Archer, JB,De Rauch are currently trying to do.

Assuming 20,000 members its $250 including Interest

CBF is another $75 per year To Pay full Cap $30

But given what at least 50% would be kids or concessions you'd have to double that

One thing is to eradicate the debt in one foul swoop (sounds easy in theory but will it actually happen like this?) but what will stop the club from going back into debt next year or in 3 or 4 years time? The problem of lack of members and supporters isn't just going to solve itself. I haven't seen anything from the current board (or anyone for that matter) on how that is going to be addressed.

When are they going to appoint a chairman anyway? No rush I suppose - it's not like there's any important decisions coming up for the club..

Not only do North have to be financially viable, they have to show that they can CONTRIBUTE (I know, a word they arent used to) to the comp at least as much as a GC team would.

Not only do North have to be financially viable, they have to show that they can CONTRIBUTE (I know, a word they arent used to) to the comp at least as much as a GC team would.

CONTRIBUTE?

HALF of the estimated 65 MILLION DOLLARS we have contributed to AFL coffers from finals gate receipts over the past 14 years will do us nicely.

CONTRIBUTE?

HALF of the estimated 65 MILLION DOLLARS we have contributed to AFL coffers from finals gate receipts over the past 14 years will do us nicely.

That money would still have been raised with or without Kangaroos involvement, was there a massive drop off in gate receipts when the Kangaroos weren't involved in the finals series? I think not.

That money would still have been raised with or without Kangaroos involvement, was there a massive drop off in gate receipts when the Kangaroos weren't involved in the finals series? I think not.

It is silly to bring up revenue from games which would of happened with or without them. How do they get to the 65 mill anyway?

I rattled tins when my club needed me to.

Kind of destroy's your point on asking for money doesn't it?
Can my family have the cash we put in those tins back?

And if we are talking about unfair handouts, how about you arrange to give back a couple of the players you were gifted through priority picks?

My club has never received one.

And if we are talking about unfair handouts, how about you arrange to give back a couple of the players you were gifted through priority picks?

If only we had been tanking instead of propping up AFL finals gate takings at the time?:rolleyes:

Now, when we need a little help to survive, these mugs have the audacity to call us bludgers!:rolleyes::thumbsdown:

Short memories.:thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If only we had been tanking instead of propping up AFL finals gate takings at the time?:rolleyes:

Now, when we need a little help to survive, these mugs have the audacity to call us bludgers!:rolleyes::thumbsdown:

Short memories.:thumbsdown:

again with the finals gate receipts.
The gate receipts would have been the around the same whether North Melbourne were involved or not.

What does Quatum Mechanics have to do with this. Just because the actual outcome cannot be determined doesnt mean we can't still extrapolate the likely outcome based on the historical data we have.

We know most clubs have larger supporter bases,
We know that finals games are usually sellouts no matter which teams are involved especially in Melbourne and especially over the last few years.

This year most of the crowds at the finals North Melbourne were playing in were supporters of their opponents.

again with the finals gate receipts.
The gate receipts would have been the around the same whether North Melbourne were involved or not.

This is true however we did participate. Your club drew money from this revenue, as part of all clubs distribution from the AFL, while collecting your wooden spoons and priority picks.

Kind of destroy's your point on asking for money doesn't it?
Can my family have the cash we put in those tins back?

You sure can, have the 35c u cheap roos fans put in! we are now profitable, unlike ur mob who will never be.

Always refering back to riewoldt/kosi/goddard etc,. get over it! And stuff your 'we've neevr got a proiroty pick' bull sh!t up ya ar$e, look where finishing 14th and nto 16th has gotten you: extinction! well done mate! well done! Wells was a number 2 pick, not exaclty that far off a priority you loser.

Suck it up, face it, your gone.

The issue is not about debt, our debt level is trivial. We have $500k of long-term debt, the bulk of our debt is trading debt which doesn't attract interest. It is desirable to clear it but it is not crippling the club.

We were meant to clear the debt of the club by 2010 just by playing footy with the extra income from the GC and broadcasting. However, the AFL has poisoned the relationship making it financially worse than Canberra by driving away our supporters with their propaganda.

From what I have heard, De Rauch has raised almost $3 million to go towards the club if it remains here. If they were to increase the shareholding of the club to $10 or $20 million and offer a parcel of the shares to members each year with a membership (ie, buy a membership and have access to some shares) we would over a period of years take them up and have the capital we need for the club.

It is not about the money, it is about the long-term future of the club which is about generating the supporter base required to thrive. Clubs have been expanding their supporter base, while it is a competitive market and gains are modest, over a period of time it can be done, has been done by other clubs.

Our club just has to make the commitment, it is the only thing holding us back.

You sure can, have the 35c u cheap roos fans put in! we are now profitable, unlike ur mob who will never be.

Always refering back to riewoldt/kosi/goddard etc,. get over it! And stuff your 'we've neevr got a proiroty pick' bull sh!t up ya ar$e, look where finishing 14th and nto 16th has gotten you: extinction! well done mate! well done! Wells was a number 2 pick, not exaclty that far off a priority you loser.

Suck it up, face it, your gone.

You may be profitable now, but how much did St Kilda's creditors get back when the club went bankrupt? 17c to the dollar? There were a lot of St Kilda people that got burnt as well.

Not sure why scumbags like you and the other frequent trolls have against a club fighting for it's survival. I and many others gave so other clubs would survive, including St Kilda.

It is really fantastic to see the effort everyone went to spawned parasites like yourselves on forums like this, you are a true credit to your club.

You may be profitable now, but how much did St Kilda's creditors get back when the club went bankrupt? 17c to the dollar? There were a lot of St Kilda people that got burnt as well.

pretty sure it was 13c in the dollar... and to the coach of your only premiership team and the bloke that dribbled the ball through for the miserable point that won that flag... really is sad... but now they are making bags of money surely they will repay these debts... :thumbsu::thumbsu: or they will just buy a few slabs and get pissed... thinking about it the slabs will win hands down... sort of explains the one flag...

Did gate receipts drop with Fitzroys demise...No the League got stronger. The same will be once North fall or relocate. Although I strongly doubt North could survive on the Gold Coast. A weak club can not set up a following in an area where there is limited expoure to AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Expansion Some new 'accounting'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back