Song Contest Part XXII, Host: the fly, Theme: Female Drummers, Votes Due: Wednesday 11pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

I just discovered that was the original version of Fever so that was interesting
Gave it 5. It's fabulous. Great voice and he wrote a classic song!
Was my choice too...Peggy Lee's version. I'd been re watching The Queen's Gambit which features it.
Porps let me know there was an original version nommed and I opted out.😄

Gave it 5. It's fabulous. Great voice and he wrote a classic song!
Was my choice too...Peggy Lee's version. I'd been re watching The Queen's Gambit which features it.
Porps let me know there was an original version nommed and I opted out.😄
I just watched that too - good show!

My original name was roo2macca, so I'll hark back to that.

Songs beginning with the letter "R".
Noms due 9pm AEST tomorrow
No previous podiums
No artist double-ups
No songs nommed since round 461 (this is round 922 so I'll make the cutoff at the halfway round)
View attachment 1994531
Cool, it's Pirate Round!

Ahh, another person who can't handle a rhythm change. 7/4 or 7/8 is just uncommon, but also the fact that it changes to 4/4 in the middle of the song is odd. However, it makes it one of the coolest damn sounding pieces out there.
You’re assuming he listened long enough to get to the rhythm change 😜

5. Heart – Alone
4. Pink Floyd – Money
3. Phoenix - Lasso
2. Sobi - Pearl
1. Black Marble – Frisk

BM – Sad Piano – Cheat (Nowhere near as bad as most Billys, just was a bit boring and sounds like a lot of other piano songs)
It's very Philip Glass like. I didn't expect it to get billied. It's a dark piece so it's not going to appeal to everyone.

por_please_ya and the spreadsheet people

The artist for my song was Lucas King

One of my favorite words RN is Recalcitrant
Season 4 Andy GIF by The Office

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opportunity gone begging

I nommed a pirate song...before like minded Tonga's post. And then I wondered how many Pirate songs there might be😄
But then Tubbs realised my song didn't actually start with an Arrrr...or even an R..

So Rats!
😄

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: the fly, Theme: Female Drummers, Votes Due: Wednesday 11pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back