Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Purple7x08_24, Theme: 1990-2005, Noms Due: Thursday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess my work here is done

Purple7x08_24

See you soon. I know you're feeling flat right now. You did your best but you made the right decosion long term. See you when you get home.
GIF by NickRewind

5 Megan Davies - See You Again / Love Me Like You Do / Sugar Callums_Guns 15th 8.7 sweet
4 Adele / ACDC 8.7 works well Plugger35 1st
3 Stop and Bust A Move @Ulahoopski 2nd 8.7
2 Lady Sounds Better por_please_ya 4th 8.5
1 4 Chord Song 8.5 Purple7x08_24 9th

HM Elton, Superkiller, Pet Shop Boys

So not different versions of same song?
Nominate TWO DIFFERENT songs with the SAME title by DIFFERENT artists.

NO previous podiums.
NO noms after round 500.

Will see how we go for noms before extending the usual submission time of Monday 10pm

*No Title double ups. i.e. If someone noms 2 songs titled "ABCDEF" then no other "ABCDEF" will be accepted.

The Buffalo Springfield song is about the killing of 4 students on campus at Ohio State university.
What the hec it was doing paired with that other song is a mystery.
Maybe I missed the point?
Admittedly I stopped watching vid after it looked like yet another party video.

Last edited:
Mate. Its going to be a great round. Ulas the one who never lets us down.

Probably the most reliable hoster
Probably would be a waste of time, I’ve got the win wrapped up.

Probably would be a waste of time, I’ve got the win wrapped up.
I wouldnt be so sure. I could score each song and potentially give 5 and 4 to the same nommer but id also be inclined to score each song, total the votes and award votes on the basis of both songs combined.

It could be interesting. I hope people are chosing different genres

Mate. Its going to be a great round. Ulas the one who never lets us down.

Probably the most reliable hoster
The host doesn't make the contest, the subject does.

I'll play next round as long as is not rigged 😜

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Buffalo Springfield song is about the killing of 4 students on campus at Ohio State university.
What the hec it was doing paired with that other song is a mystery.
Maybe I missed the point?
Admittedly I stopped watching vid after it looked like yet another party video.

I don't think it would be anything more than a conveniently similar tempo, rythm and key.

Ignore the themes - which could not be more contrasting really - of the two songs, musically its a nice fit and very well done.

Someone more familiar with For What It's Worth I imagine it would be incredibly jarring to listen to.
Embarrassingly I could probably rap along to Bust a Move to this day 30 years later, so the mix is quite pleasing to my ear anyway.

I wouldnt be so sure. I could score each song and potentially give 5 and 4 to the same nommer but id also be inclined to score each song, total the votes and award votes on the basis of both songs combined.

It could be interesting. I hope people are chosing different genres
Only one vote per song title.
I.e. Nommers can't get a 5 AND a 4.

So are you basically voting for both songs combined.... What if you love one song and want to Billy the other lol
I think best way to do it is to rank each song from say

1 to 40

Then 54321 from there

Happy for this to be extended

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Purple7x08_24, Theme: 1990-2005, Noms Due: Thursday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back