Song Contest Part XXII, Host: spudmaster, Theme: Artists Not Previously Nominated, Noms Due: Monday 10pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

I would be counting on listening on Friday during the day (whether this round or next round) so if votes aren’t due until Friday or later I’ll enter, but if they’re just due slightly later ie even later on Wednesday or anytime Thursday I’ll remain out.
Stay tuned.

I mean I could use it with a cover but feel that would be cheating.
I'm guessing we want the second song to also be of similar level.
Or you could defy the purists here and nominate two songs you like

We're currently at 30 songs.

Gonna make votes due on Thursday night (or Friday night if we get over 35).

Will get a nom in shortly and when I win the following round will be that everyone has to submit their noms from this round as a mashup together.
I'm definitely doing phone a friend round.

I like the concept, but this actually is a lot harder than it looks. Even the first rendition of this round hardly had two songs that were equal quality, there was a lot of crap then, and that was the early days when it was a race to nom the biggest whore!

I like the concept, but this actually is a lot harder than it looks. Even the first rendition of this round hardly had two songs that were equal quality, there was a lot of crap then, and that was the early days when it was a race to nom the biggest whore!
Think of a song you've wanted to nom, search for the title in Spotify and you'll be surprised what may come up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SAME SAME BUT DIFFERENT

Nominate TWO DIFFERENT songs with the SAME title by DIFFERENT artists.

NO previous podiums.
NO noms after round 500.

Will see how we go for noms before extending the usual submission time of Monday 10pm

*No Title double ups. i.e. If someone noms 2 songs titled "ABCDEF" then no other "ABCDEF" will be accepted.

MP_
Saint
JoshWoodenSpoon
TubbsFarquhar
Loonerty
ok..finally found this..going back to the drawing board

#SongContestPlaylist

Alright, a wee bit of a rush towards the end there so we now have a 44 song playlist!!

VOTING

Vote for the 2 songs combined.

Your favourite song is worth a FIVE but its pair is crap? Up to you to decide whether you still award a FIVE or something less.
You wanna billy a putrid song but its pair is one of your favourites? Life is hard. You decide.

Just submit the song name in your votes.

CUT-OFF

Since there's twice as many songs as usual we're going with an extra couple of listening and voting days.

Votes due Friday night 10pm.

Enjoy!

The first song is not available in my country so I can’t see or access the entire playlist - can we please have that song moved to song 2 Ulahoopski ?
Swapped for another Albatross Vid. Does that work?

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: spudmaster, Theme: Artists Not Previously Nominated, Noms Due: Monday 10pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back