Song Contest Part XXII, Host: spudmaster, Theme: Artists Not Previously Nominated, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

THEME: Islamic Countries/Muslims

Trying to expand my range a bit. Surely there's some good music from approx 1.9 Billion people.

Therefore nominate someone who is of the Islamic faith and/or from a Muslim majority country - list of countries below

I'll allow double nom artists but will let both nommers know if it happens up to an hour before deadline.
No previous noms.
Noms due Monday 9pm East Coast bias time.
It's not the easiest theme but some dormant contestants I'd love to see return are The Filth Wizard myblueroan Greenery Raveneyes and the fly

Trying to expand my range a bit. Surely there's some good music from approx 1.9 Billion people.

Therefore nominate someone who is of the Islamic faith and/or from a Muslim majority country - list of countries below

I'll allow double nom artists but will let both nommers know if it happens up to an hour before deadline.
No previous noms.
This theme might (hopefully!) interest MC Bad Genius SSwans2011 JoshWoodenSpoon Pickitt NaturalDisaster

I've given a list of countries :)

The loophole, as previously mentioned by rask, is Cat Stevens (who hasn't been nommed yet ;))

season 2 GIF by Twin Peaks on Showtime

I saw Jimmy live at the Freo Metropolis in the 90s, he put on a good show.

This song went off.

I went to see Chisel a couple of times. Only thing I can remember is Jimmy climbing the scaffolding at Royal Melb Showgrounds with bottle of whisky in one hand

Famous performance at 2:20

I saw Paul Kelly a few times too in a few different venues here and he always delivered.

I wish I got to see The Triffids when they were still around but I got to see GANGgajang in the early 90s at the UWA Ref.

One of the best gigs I've seen, just banger after banger.

I saw Gangajang at The Windsor - you have great taste in music

The Triffids played at my cousin’s wedding (she used to play guitar in a few bands), so that was a bit of a treat.

I went to see Chisel a couple of times. Only thing I can remember is Jimmy climbing the scaffolding at Royal Melb Showgrounds with bottle of whisky in one hand

Famous performance at 2:20

I must be the only Australian not into them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went to a bikie gang club house in Denmark when I was 21 (felt very out of place) and all they played was Jimmy Barnes lol
For a moment, I thought you were referring to the country which would've been a very odd place to have a joint playing non-stop Barnsey. Then I remembered there's a Denmark in WA.

They are more diverse thsn people give them credit. Of course everyone knows them for w.c.m
That’s a Barnsey solo. He actually started yelling way more when he went solo. I only really live one of his solo songs - Make It Last All Night

No previous noms.
18 entries so far. I'd be very interested to see what nom hotchilli MP_ the fly 1990crow and RedmanWasHere could come up with.

Ocha905 this is why I’m having trouble

Being a DJ involves entertaining individuals engaged in activities deemed immoral in Islam, making the money earned from such endeavors is considered haram (forbidden). Muslim DJs should seek alternative employment for the sake of Allah hoping that He will provide better jobs," Muleme said.

Ocha905 this is why I’m having trouble

Being a DJ involves entertaining individuals engaged in activities deemed immoral in Islam, making the money earned from such endeavors is considered haram (forbidden). Muslim DJs should seek alternative employment for the sake of Allah hoping that He will provide better jobs," Muleme said.
I'm not worried about that. There's plenty of good Muslim DJ's/producers. Would love for you to nom one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: spudmaster, Theme: Artists Not Previously Nominated, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back