Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Purple7x08_24, Theme: Sports, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't want to get any softer.
Pretty sure they'd wanna get smarter, more skilled, fitter, win more contested footy, kick more goals, have greater guidance, and more premiership players ;).

Pretty sure they'd wanna get smarter, more skilled, fitter, win more contested footy, kick more goals, have greater guidance, and more premiership players ;).
I missed this week's "On the Couch" thanks

I don't know how it's even possible but I am being geo-blocked on one of my own nominated songs.

Will be tricky adding results to the spreadsheet? :think:

spudmaster will be fried trying to sort it out
Star Trek Hello GIF

Hadn't even considered that :eekv1:
Should probably get last round updated first eh?
#beenslacking

edit: scrap that - fairy godmother seems to be on it :love:
Unless everyone posts their top 5 songs as well as top pairs …….

computer GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless everyone posts their top 5 songs as well as top pairs …….

computer GIF
It'll be the same as the original round (11?). Each song in the pair gets given the same votes and placing.

Ok, even though I won't be officially voting, here's my summary of my voting. Only a couple of really memorable songs so in this case averages happen to work out reasonably ok

View attachment 2050293
It's funny seeing this as I rate songs harsher but have a much more enjoyable experience it seems (my average song rating was 6.83 but I had a great time overall with the playlist).

Is 90+ a "really memorable song" for you?

Last edited:
Voted and worried spudmaster and por_please_ya are victims of the average score voting metric. If I'm right both had a brilliant song that would've featured in the votes individually but was let down by it's pairing and thus missed out.

Voted and worried spudmaster and por_please_ya are victims of the average score voting metric. If I'm right both had a brilliant song that would've featured in the votes individually but was let down by it's pairing and thus missed out.
I have a few like that too. Just had to go where I liked both songs.

Do we really need to wait until Friday nite? Seems unnecessary? People will take as long as you give them I reckon.
Also means stretching out the Sunday nite till later?

I have a few like that too. Just had to go where I liked both songs.

Do we really need to wait until Friday nite? Seems unnecessary? People will take as long as you give them I reckon.
Also means stretching out the Sunday nite till later?
Would love an earlier deadline but I'm impatient haha.

It's funny seeing this as I rate songs harsher but have a much more enjoyable experience it seems (my average song rating was 6.83 but I had a great time overall with the playlist).

Is 90+ a "really memorable song" for you?
90 - 95 is something that makes me want to listen again but very high up on the feels.

95+ is incredible and Im listening on repeat. This conatantly evolves

MAy and June saw Band of Horses The Funeral and The Irrepressibles -In this shirt in the 95-100 zone on non stop repeat.

July Im experiencing some different emotions so theyre in the 90 -95 zone. Theres a handful of songs RN that are in that upper zone.

Consider it a zone for what im feeling NOW.

But in answer to your question yes 90+ is the best of the best.

Something well known like Great Southern Land sits between 87 and 92 for reference

I went for averages with one exception. Whoever had Sophie Ellis-Bextor got elevated because I really loved that song despite having little interest in the other.

90 - 95 is something that makes me want to listen again but very high up on the feels.

MAy and June saw Band of Horses The Funeral and The Irrepressibles -In this shirt in the 95-100 zone on non stop repeat.

July Im experiencing some different emotions so theyre in the 90 -95 zone. Theres a handful of songs RN that are in that upper zone.

Something well known like Great Southern Land sits between 87 and 92 for reference
Great explanation thanks. Feel mostly the same tbh.

Interesting examples too, I was introduced to "The Funeral" via Kid Cudi's "The Prayer". I prefer the latter but that would probably would be flipped if I heard the original first.

"In This Shirt" is excellent but prefer "Two Men in Love" which you nommed.

Bang on range for "Great Southern Land"

I went for averages with one exception. Whoever had Sophie Ellis-Bextor got elevated because I really loved that song despite having little interest in the other.
You joined yay! Welcome aboard :D Suspect you're not alone with the SE-B appreciation, she is a Song Contest darling.

Is your list in same order as songlist?

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Purple7x08_24, Theme: Sports, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back